Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Default Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Remember that lady who was selling her incredible Guerlain collection on Ebay?
    Well I think it's her, but anyway, someone's selling beauties like this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Guerlain-VOL-d...QQcmdZViewItem


    30mls Vol de Nuit Parfum in the original propellor bottle?
    All I can do is drool!!!!!

    Oh my God - she's got Guet Apens, Liu, DJEDI!!!!
    Last edited by Wordbird; 12th May 2008 at 03:59 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

    I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    There's a puddle forming on the floor below me...

    I wonder what the reserve is? The L'Heure Bleu has a But It Now price of 350 pounds...yikes!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Oh yeah! No bargains to be had here.
    However - I have no doubt she'll sell each and every item.

    I've got to say though that it's pretty sad to have all these amazing perfumes unopened.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

    I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

  4. #4

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    GGGNNNNFFFFHHHHH!!!!

    That bee bottle of imperiale.

    Someone stop me now
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

    "Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

    reviews

  5. #5

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    You know how Nigella Lawson's cookery shows on TV get accused of being 'food porn'?
    Is this lady's collection the equivalent of 'perfume porn'?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

    I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

  6. #6

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    You know how Nigella Lawson's cookery shows on TV get accused of being 'food porn'?
    Is this lady's collection the equivalent of 'perfume porn'?

    YES

  7. #7

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    What did she do? Buy these as an investment?
    They never would have lasted that long at my house.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    GGGNNNNFFFFHHHHH!!!!

    That bee bottle of imperiale.

    Someone stop me now
    I am trying to stop you now

    You want these bottles for the perfume, I suppose? Take a good look at the pictures! One here is showing her display cabinet with the collection. All those beauties in full light.
    At the listing of the AA bottles she honestly tells "Have been removed from boxes, but have never been tested/sprayed". You only remove bottles from boxes for spraying or....displaying.

    I am not in the least tempted to buy a bottle when the juice is probably ruined, but for a bottle collector there are really some splendid items.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  9. #9

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    I am trying to stop you now

    You want these bottles for the perfume, I suppose? Take a good look at the pictures! One here is showing her display cabinet with the collection. All those beauties in full light.
    At the listing of the AA bottles she honestly tells "Have been removed from boxes, but have never been tested/sprayed". You only remove bottles from boxes for spraying or....displaying.

    I am not in the least tempted to buy a bottle when the juice is probably ruined, but for a bottle collector there are really some splendid items.
    Riannon - thank you!
    A very good point and well made!
    I stopped thinking while imagining myself opening that bottle and splashing happily!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

    "Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

    reviews

  10. #10

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Riannon - thank you!
    A very good point and well made!
    I stopped thinking while imagining myself opening that bottle and splashing happily!
    You're welcome, my dear

    I did so recogize that feeling of "oh, precioussss, and a whole lot of it as well"
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  11. #11

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Oooh wow! Haha I wonder where Mr. Guerlain is.... :P

    Aww, the WordChick is just as adorable as she sounds in your posts Wordbird - loving your new avatar!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Aww, the WordChick is just as adorable as she sounds in your posts Wordbird - loving your new avatar!
    My thoughts as well!

    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  13. #13

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Thanks for the compliments on the avatar and the Wordchick - she's a poppet. (Spot the proud Mama!)

    You're absolutely right Riannon, but it's a horrifying thought - that someone would buy these beautiful fragrances and let them go off.
    That's sinful!!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

    I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

  14. #14

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Riannon ~ You are the voice of reason.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Thanks for the compliments on the avatar and the Wordchick - she's a poppet. (Spot the proud Mama!)
    Proud Mama is as gorgeous as poppet is. Please, leave that avatar on the board for a very, very long time .

    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    You're absolutely right Riannon, but it's a horrifying thought - that someone would buy these beautiful fragrances and let them go off.
    That's sinful!!
    Dear, I have a friend (bless her, Tao would say) who has cabinet after cabinet filled with the most exquisite bottles. Unopened!! Collected only for the bottles.
    For me something from a Hammer House of Horror movie. But she almost got a heart attack when I told her that I would open and use a bottle of Djedi
    Completely unthinkable for a bottle collector that someone actually would open something like that instead of displaying it proudly (unopened).

    Ah, two different worlds "and never the twain shall meet"
    Last edited by Riannon; 13th May 2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: The server acts VERY funny
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

  16. #16

    Default Re: Wowser! Super vintage Guerlain fest!

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    You want these bottles for the perfume, I suppose? Take a good look at the pictures! One here is showing her display cabinet with the collection. All those beauties in full light.
    At the listing of the AA bottles she honestly tells "Have been removed from boxes, but have never been tested/sprayed". You only remove bottles from boxes for spraying or....displaying.

    I am not in the least tempted to buy a bottle when the juice is probably ruined, but for a bottle collector there are really some splendid items.
    Thank you so much for these wise words! I was drooling very hard over the Apres L'Ondee bottle, and I didn't even know the concentration of the juice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000