Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 22 September

Good morning!

Starting the week with ELdO Antihéros, a lovely lavender scent I've been wearing since Saturday night.

Have a marvy Monday, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 22 September

MV3 again today.

Sur la Plage

Happy Monday everyone! Today I am wearing Guerlain Habit Rouge EDC.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lovely - Sarah Jessica Parker

PARFUMERIEGENERALE
    INTRIGANTPATCHOULI

Notes :
    patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, benzoin, citrus/hesperides, cinnamon, amber, musk, vanilla, honey

On application has a very calming effect on me, the patchouli and the sandalwood coming together in a slightly heady harmony. Not sweet at all, plentifully meditative and superiorly full bodied as all PG fragrances are with terrific lasting...we're talking 8+ hours with just 2 medium sprays. While it manages to smell sufficiently complex to my nose, I do not find it "sexy" or "exotic" however. It's simply "down to earth" and stays that way on my skin.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

L'Occitane EAU DES BAUX and two sprays of GUCCI POUR HOMME

Have a good week!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Morning Star

Default Re: SotD Sunday 21 September 2008

Sunday - September 21, 2008
    Afternoon: Geir Ness Geir
    Evening: Michael Kors Michael For Men
    Late evening: Diptyque Eau de Lierre (The "green fragrances" thread enticed me to resurrect it.)

Smile Re: SotD Monday 22 September

PASSION BOISÉE, Frapin & Cie

Hello fabulous smelling folks - with javagreen smelling particularly good

I'm wearing the same scent as yesterday - it rarely happens, indeed!

Calé Fragranze d'Autore

Mistero

Can't stop sniffing myself ... takes my mind off Mondayitis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Hermes HIRIS

Up early for work! Today I am wearing Jo Malone Blue Agave and Cacao. Have a great day everyone!

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum - I'm finding I have a penchant for smokey, incensy vanillas/gourmands when it's cold out. Must investigate.

Basenotes Plus

Fragonard Grain de Soleil
    Notes: rose, iris, jasmine, cinnamon, amber, vanilla, incense

Have a good day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Hello fabulous smelling folks - with javagreen smelling particularly good
    Grazie, Lady_in_Black

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

D'Humeur Massacrante by L´Artisan Parfumeur, picked out for my SotD by Taolady.

It´s a very unusual scent because of it strong peppery feeling, there is a bit of smoke but not much nor do I detect any other notes (vanilla) that would soften it up. It´s not as warm and spicey as Arabie, but it´s a clear waft of peppers. Maybe peppers in the springtime so the air is crisp and filled with peppers.

It´s very strange and I don´t wear this often because it feels a little misplaced, it´s not very strong luckily and has an airy quality to it which makes it more wearable.

It doesn´t really change my mood, then again it´s monday morning not much can change my mood on a monday morning. I don´t feel aggressive or angry or anything red/mean. I´m not more awake either.

What is funny is that you can clearly feel it is part of a set, this airy and crips quality also returns in some of the other humeurs and the smokeyness is a very subdued smokeness of the d´humeur rien ( i think it was, i traded it away)the heavy incense smokey one.

Once I have glass sampler vials again I´ll let you all know so more people can sample it from here
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Good morning, all!

I am wearing Infusion d'Iris
    for a second day, and I am enjoying it very much, even more now in the autumn weather than in the summer.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Bond Coney Island today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hi, everyone! Back from the hinterlands of no internet access and dashing (again) off to work fairly early in the gorgeous Amouage Jubilation XXV. This is stunningly gorgeous. The men's version smells much, much better on me than the feminine "25," although I recognize both as beautifully done fragrances.

Notes (from Luckyscent): Frankincense, labdanum ciste, coriander, davana, blackberry, orange, gaicwood, rose, honey, bay, orchid, cinnamon, clove, celery seed, opoponox, patchouli, myrrh, musk, moss, atlas cedarwood, ambergris, oud, immortelle.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 22nd September 2008 at 11:12 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Morning! I'm on the run today - off to substitute teach again, this time I'm a high school English teacher. Rather fun, getting to try on all these different hats.

My SotD is the same one I wore to bed last night:

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge

It's lovely.

Today is the first day of Fall. It's the equinox. The seasons are turning. The birds sound a little sad this morning.

Have a good one!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 22nd September 2008 at 11:19 AM.

Organza Harvest 2005

A jasmine infused version of the gorgeous original!

Bon jour y'all! Smellin' fine! (Many thanks to Lian for giving us her impression of D'Humeur Massacrante...good lookin' out!

Mostapha chose for me today ...the bright and sparkly

...ripe oranges and champagne!! Great way to greet this overcast and cool (80 F) day!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Monday.
    As much as I hate to admit it, it is the first day of Fall.
    For this first day of fall I am in:

Lalique Encre Noir

This is a lovely deep vetiver scent with some wonderful off-beat notes to it. The woody base is funked up with musk and a joy to sniff.

Have a great Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Hanae Mori MAGICAL MOON edp

I'm wearing Grand Amour by Annick Goutal.

On the assumption that I would be sharing an office today with someone who didn't feel well, I left home without applying perfume. There was a change of plan when I arrived at work, so I applied the best I could find in my bag today - I'm not carrying my usual mobile stash. I would have changed from Goutals, as I've worn them for days on end. I've loved them all, of course, but there are so many other beauties to choose from, so I felt like a change. However, here am I again in Grand Amour and loving every unplanned whiff of it.

CB I Hate Perfume Burning Leaves

For Autumnal Equinox today

Smile Re: SotD Monday 22 September

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Bon jour y'all! Smellin' fine! (Many thanks to Lian for giving us her impression of D'Humeur Massacrante...good lookin' out!

Mostapha chose for me today ...the bright and sparkly

...ripe oranges and champagne!! Great way to greet this overcast and cool (80 F) day!!
    Taolady, my basenotes friend Mostapha is a man of good taste and you, as a woman of very good and refined taste, and your SODT is the result

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    I'm wearing Grand Amour by Annick Goutal.

On the assumption that I would be sharing an office today with someone who didn't feel well, I left home without applying perfume. There was a change of plan when I arrived at work, so I applied the best I could find in my bag today - I'm not carrying my usual mobile stash. I would have changed from Goutals, as I've worn them for days on end. I've loved them all, of course, but there are so many other beauties to choose from, so I felt like a change. However, here am I again in Grand Amour and loving every unplanned whiff of it.
    You know, Sestra, I'm not a floral girl and even less a Goutal girl, but I developed a strange attachment to Grand Amour, so much so that I had to get me a bottle (EdP). Hyacynth is a floral note different enough from the usual ones to keep me attracted the whole day. And I love the full oriental drydown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Azzarp pourr Homme as SotD. Made for a man yet strong enough for a woman.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

A healthy and peaceful equinox day to my many lovely BN companions.

F I N A L L Y ... I'm samping Nou, courtesy of the courteous Taolady
    I wanted to wear this on a day I wasn't running around and distracted.
    The top notes are pleasantly soapy. Will update as the scent progresses.

Many-hours-later update:
    Not a lot of activity to report. Soap changed to mildly floral. Clearly nothing offensive in NOU, but entirely ho-hum. When it was wet from the open vial, I got a sense of fresh rose, but that never manifested upon application.
    Last edited by Quarry; 22nd September 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Reporting NOU's progression
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

SL Louve today.

Getting LOTS more cherries off of this on this wearing. Reminds me a bit of the Cherry NyQuil I've been swilling the past few days.

Thankfully - it's not setting me off. My nose is still pretty wonky from the cold.

Hope all is well today.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

As the goofy bird on "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends" says:
    Co-co-co-co-co!

Welcome back ComDiva!

Wore Eau des Vanilliers tonight to my chemistry exam.

I had a rubbish night's sleep, so thought I'd blast myself into wakefulness with

Carthusier's Mediterraneo.

D&G Light Blue. Crisp & sheer scent for my moody-Monday.

Have a nice day, all of you!

Tesco- Fig, Almond and Cassis.

Happy 1st day of autumn everyone !
    I do so love this time of the year!!!

Today to celebrate the autumnal equinox
    I'm wearing
    Musc Ravageur • Frederic Malle
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

PG Ilang Ivohibe.
    Today I am working in the basement (doing something that I´m not able to explain in English, so please don´t ask... )

Hope you are all having a nice Monday/first day of autumn! :bounce:

Is it fall already? (Northern Hemisphere, that is.)
    For those down under, it's going to be good s a i l i n g weather.

I'm testing Spirit of Water today at the same time as Prada's Infusion d'Iris to test whether they smell alike. And they don't. But they both remind me of baby products -- lotion or oil.

Infusion d'Iris smells like Johnson's baby oil to me. I even bought a bottle of baby oil to compare.

Cuir de Lancome.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoskitty View Post
    Tesco- Fig, Almond and Cassis.
    Oh wow, I have that! Someone recommended it on another site - could it have been you? Cost me all of £3.99. In a "no of FBs purchased this quarter" poll, my tally was looking embarrassingly high, so the moderator very graciously said I could count the Tesco bottle as "groceries" and deduct it from my total!

Oh, today's mishmash comprises: Marc Jacobs Daisy (free mini with my purchase of Bvlgari Jasmin Noir - impossibly cute bottle or what!), Creative Scentualization Perfect Veil (v subtle skin scent), CS Mare (not particularly feeling the sea!), TDC De Charmes et Feuille (ravishingly pretty floral), Pilar & Lucy To Twirl All Girly (twee floral that may be going sour and indolic just now), and am also having a rematch of Kama by Farmacia Annunziata (my favourite so far from that line).

ooohhh, you do smell nice SMM! I love that Encre Noir.

I'm in Bois des Iles again today... with the cinnamon note, it's perfect for autumn.

Have a nice day!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Jalaine Green Tea layered over Jaliane Citrus Dream today.

Sampling UN PARFUM DES SENS ET BOIS today. So far so good. I seem to like TDC fragrances in general. Happy equinox to all!

Parfum d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite. I had this sample from Aus Liebe zum Duft and wanted it to compare it with TDC Osmanthus. TDC's is much subtler, peachier, almost like a breeze of a scent. I find the Interdite fuller, more citrusy, more "here I am". I choose TDC's, although I wouldn't mind to have a full bottle of the other one.

I've been craving cooler weather for so long, I purchased my first autumn fragrance in July! But on this autumnal equinox it will be 80 degrees F. Sigh.
    That's okay, I should never complain about the gorgeous weather we have here, plus, today's scent is all-season. Tom Ford Velvet Gardenia.

I'm in CdG Jaisalmer, continuing my testing of the incense series.

AG Eau d'Hadrien, because I defy seasons and needed the burst of energy to tackle some projects.

Sotd is Angel,chosen by Silverbullett today. lovely choice for this cold and grey day

I am wearing Jicky, one of the great Guerlain Trinity (the others are of course, Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleu). It takes to another, wonderful place.

Turquoisewater, I know what you mean. It seems churlish to complain about sunny warm weather. But I get so excited when it cools down. Now if only I could spot a changing-color leaf! Fall is my favorite season, and I so live in the wrong part of the country for it.

On my left arm, testing Aroma M Geisha Marron as sounding appropriately fall. On my right arm, L'Air du Desert Marocain, just because I love it.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Carnal Flower, day 4. I'm more worried about running out than I am of getting sick of this. Good sign.
    Last edited by lushsoup; 22nd September 2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: corecteeeng lame grammar

Pure Grace for me again today
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

SotE testing BULGARI BLACK - it's so fab that I may just have to buy a full bottle

Ambra del Nepal for second day. Wearing Agent Provocateur for evening and thinking I should buy the bubble bath too.

Rive Gauche Extrême by Yves St. Laurent

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Sampled new CK Secret Obsession today, but then got bored of it and went for GOTHAM. The more I wear Gotham, the more it grows on me. It's really rather special. Plus it's coming alive as it's getting colder. Gotham may be the perfect autumn scent.

SotE is Badgley Mischka, which I'd had on my "to try" list forever. It smells wonderful, luxe. It is, in my fantasy, the type of expensive fragrance that a very stylish Italian woman would wear. An elegant fragrance.

Edited to add: It came to me what this reminds me of...a cross between Coco and Diva. My husband doesn't like it, though. He says it's "too strong, too stinky." (sigh!).
    Last edited by lilybelle; 22nd September 2008 at 11:38 PM.

caleche, smells good for about 4 hours.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Versace Black Jeans as SotE. Different on the skin (tar definitely noted!) compared to sniffing the spray top (no tar noted) . Very different (+)!

Top Notes
    Petitgrain, Rosemary, Juniper, Geranium, Iris,.

Middle Notes
    Nutmeg, Ginger, Vetiver.

Base Notes

Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk.
    Last edited by kbe; 22nd September 2008 at 11:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Back to chypres in an oldie but goodie-- Fantasque by Avon. It was developed by designer Louis Féraud in 1981, and in high school I loved this and Foxfire before I knew what a chypre was. ("She fer real, or is her nose broke?") I don't know how to describe what Fantasque is, but I can say what it's not. It's not as dry and green as Safari; it's not as floral as Paloma P. or Agent P.; it's not fruity. I sampled No 19 this past summer in the heat, but I still think this is less lush and green than the Chanel. Definitely less heady. There is some green vetiver, and definitely floral (rose, jasmine?), and maybe a hint of powder. It's just very nice, soft, and refined. This refinement reminds me of the Aoumage Silver Cristal I tried recently. It's very easy to wear, for a chypre.

In other news, I rescued a bird last night! I don't know how the cats caught a bird (a dove, actually) at night (I guess it was in a tree), but someone had brought it all the way to the back door, and then everyone wanted to play too! Ack! I keep wicker baskets on the back porch with old bath towels in them for the cats to sleep in. I grabbed one of those towels and wrapped the dove up carefully, then walked it over to the almond tree (the branches are too small to support a cat). I tried to encourage it to emerge from the towel and sit on a branch, but the poor thing was really in shock, missing some tail feathers, and definitely not up for it. So I deposited the whole towel in the branches and left it alone for a while. A couple of hours later I came back. The dove began to flutter inside the towel when it saw the flashlight, so I went back inside for the evening. Late this morning after a visit from the plumber, I remembered the little fellow and went to check. I saw the towel empty and started looking in the tree. It was sitting on a branch about a foot in front of the towel and freaked when we locked eyes, flying quickly away and over the roof of a neighbor's house. Hopefully, he'll be fine. The towel was full of bird poop and the cats are still mad that I took away their new friend toy distraction.
    Last edited by Heartwood; 23rd September 2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous