Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday May 20

Yet another day in L'Artisan Dzongkha for me.

Have a great day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday May 20

For the second day in Champs-Elysées.

Well, Jillsy, are you joining me? After all it was your idea to influence SMM's stats

Enjoy this Tuesday!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Sure I am! Replied to yesterdays thread - read it this morning but didn't get chance to reply til after uni.

So wearing Champs Elysees Everyone's welcome to join us!

Oh dearies, I forgot to check the thread from yesterday, but I ended up wearing the same house Guerlain - Vol de Nuit in extract form.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Oh dearies, I forgot to check the thread from yesterday, but I ended up wearing the same house Guerlain - Vol de Nuit in extract form.
    Come on, dear Godchild You could wear Champs-Elysées as SotE!!!

We need all the 'Champs' fans we can get for a couple of days, if only to prove we can influence stats
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

YSL M7 FRESH for a bright day.

I see Champs-Elysees is up for a revival?
    Last edited by BrothaG; 20th May 2008 at 07:44 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Guerlain Champs-Elysees as a SotMorning, from an older bottle. To prove Miss R.'s point and to admire its juicy fruit and powdery mimosa.

One never knows where they find alliance!

Wearing Armani Mania, which is my oldest bottle in the collection. I feel somehow it has lost some of its potency with age, or perhaps my nose has just gotten used to all the powerful perfumes I tend to wear now!

Will there be statistics, even with the separated SotD threads again? Well, I don't do SotE as I shower in the mornings.... but I'll have to join in the overthrow tomorrow!

Lea by Calypso St. Barth + Nina (Ricci). :bounce:

Fleurs de Bulgarie for a second day.

Good morning!

Another rainy day over here .... sunny weather, where have you gone?

I almost finished my decant of Parfumerie Générale

Bois de Copaiba

Only a few drops left for reference. I might need a full bottle, but it can wait until next fall.
    Notes include crystallized orange pulp, red ginger, amaretto, copahu balm, mahogany wood, myrrh and sandalwood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Good morning!

Another rainy day over here .... sunny weather, where have you gone?

I almost finished my decant of Parfumerie Générale
    Bois de Copaiba
    Only a few drops left for reference. I might need a full bottle, but it can wait until next fall.
    Notes include crystallized orange pulp, red ginger, amaretto, copahu balm, mahogany wood, myrrh and sandalwood.
    Lady In Black, Bois de Copaiba sounds wonderful!

Sotd is Chanel Coromandel.

Have a great day, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Ah we're back here again eh?

Rousse.

I'm in Laura Biagiotti's Roma from a mini. A friend used to wear this and I thought it was a vanillic comfort scent, but actually it's woody but quite light and very wearable.

I've started buying minis when I can, rather than full bottles, because I don't think I could use up all the perfume I have now in a lifetime. Does anyone else think this way?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I guess I'll wear Angel til I tire of her.
    But she has a nasty side to her that even when you don't like her, you kinda tolerate her.
    She can be so irritating that she draws you in...you admire her arrogance and self satisfied air...she's not going to change for you. tough luck.

Angel's a Bitch.
    THAT'S IT! She speaks to my Inner Bitch and balances out my niceness!!!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good Morning Ladies.

To answer some questions before I get to what I'm wearing today.
    Yes Tavorna, I am going to try and keep stats even with the separate boards. Unless the cross-posters make me crazy it should be doable.
    For those plotting a takeover of the number one spot if you wear a scent as SotD and SotE I'll only count it once as I consider the evening application a refresh.
    BUT this allows you to continue your takeover and have your daily dose of diversity if you are a SotD and E girl.
    I would suggest you do your homework to see what number you'll have to hit. Take a look at the previous SotW threads. You need to know what your target is. Remember counting ends on Friday for the week.

Whew that felt like the scroll at the beginnning of Star Wars describing the Rebel Alliance.

Today I am trying a Luca and Turin five-star recommendation:

Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise Men

This definitely does not smell like anything I have worn to date. It almost smells like a mixture of sweet chemicals from my lab. Its not unpleasant but this scent might make me realize that it is the re-creation of natural scents that I really like and not something that seems so synthetic. Have to see how this wears throughout the day.

Good luck with the revolution ladies.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Hello, everyone! Must confess I miss the combined thread, even though it was LOOOOOOOOOOONG. Still, hapy to have "our" thread back, too!

Today for me, Parfums MDCI Invasion Barbare. A masterpiece IMO from perfumer Stephanie Bakouche! Marketed as a men's scent, I think it works beautifully on barbarians of either gender.

Notes: Grapefruit, bergamot, violet leaves, white thyme, cardamom, lavender, ginger, cedarwood, vanilla and musk.

Tonight's SoTE will be... Champs Elysees, even though I've already worn it once this month.

A reminder to SMM that I am a long-time cross-poster, so only count me once, ScentSon.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 20th May 2008 at 11:10 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Joining in with Champs-Elysées

At least for today. Early on I liked this enough to buy it. But other scents have pushed it to the back of my wardrobe. Time for another chance.

For the second day in this second week of Scheduled Samples - the amazing
    Havana
    by Aramis - from the equally amazing KBE who has introduced me to some fabulous scents.

Look at these notes:
    * Top Notes
    * Coriander Seed, Anise, Birch Tar, Juniper Berry, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange.

Middle Notes
    * Bay Rum, Cumin, Jamaican Pimento Berry, Pepper, Jasmine, Hyacinth..

Base Notes
    * Exotic Woods, Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood, myrrh, Labdanum, Olibanum, Tonka
    bean, Vanilla.

My bod immediately exposes the tarry Bay Rum and tobacco and the subtle undercurrent of jungle vegetation with its hint of heady flowers. And this organic beauty lasts forever, finally settling into a thrumming, exotic scent of woods and almost-incense. I understand it's hard to find so I am nursing my little sample jealously.

And SMM - I am a Repeat Poster too! Sorry if it's extra work, but BOY is it nice to back in the kitchen!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm with Wordbird on the mini's! Just recently I've decided it's more economical to do mini's and decants. I really don't like to keep clutter...and I don't really have a "collection" of fragrance. What does occupy my fragrance wardrobe are scents that thrill me, and I wear them over and over until they're gone! Don't get me wrong, I do keep about 10-12 full bottle sizes...accompanied by 4-6 mini's and maybe 8-10 samples and/or decants. This system just works well for the "minimalist" inside me!

Today, Bvlgari's Parfumee' Au The Rouge! ~ from a full bottle!

Cartier • Délices de Cartier
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Guerlain Champs-Elysees as a SotMorning, from an older bottle. To prove Miss R.'s point and to admire its juicy fruit and powdery mimosa.

One never knows where they find alliance!
    Waving my hand, old Champs Elysees lover here, too. I used my old bottle up though. Please tell me it hasn't been changed?

Wearing a light spritz of Chanel No. 5 edt this morning. I love it but it lasts a nano-second on me.

BPAL Nemesis - from the beautiful ComDiva.

I'm afraid this scent may be mine......

I am now smelling of sweat and lotion. Maybe it will serve its purpose at work and keep those demanding my attention away from me
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Creed Virgin Island Water as SotD
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    I've started buying minis when I can, rather than full bottles, because I don't think I could use up all the perfume I have now in a lifetime. Does anyone else think this way?

YES! I have always wished you could buy all scents available in the parfumeries in 10, 15, or 20 ml! That would be great!

If there is a frag I am curious to try now, I stick with TPC: - 5 ml spray decants is just what I need to fully explore a scent, and make up my mind about it.

I am wearing Ambre Russe. If I at all believed in the idea of a signature fragrance (which I don't: Too many wonderful fragrances, too many moods, too many whims), this would be it. Ambre Russe feels like it emanates from my skin, from my being, rather than "visiting" my skin.

Even though I said I don't do SotE, my Armani Mania wore off so I decided to spritz on the Champs Elysees while I do my work downstairs.

Am going through a rough patch with University work at the moment. It's a very practice intensive course this semester, and I'm a veeeeery slow artist. Just finished off four rather cheeky illustrations for one class, based on four statistics. My chosen statistics are all quirky sex facts (what can I say? Hehe! ) While they're really just funny and artsy/sensual, I'm still a little worried about sending them off for professional printing tomorrow. Might be a little embarassing to have to pick up the prints!
    Last edited by Tavorna; 20th May 2008 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Hello, everyone! Must confess I miss the combined thread, even though it was LOOOOOOOOOOONG.
    I was just getting acclimated to the dynamics of the combined board when it simply disappeared!

My wife, Gabrielle Rose, is an anarchist at heart and joins us in Champs-Elysees.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Basenotes Institution

Sarrasins by Serge Lutens - first time from a sample, thanks sofresh!

Last edited by mikeperez23; 20th May 2008 at 11:56 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Habit Rouge EDC

I'm sorry, I don't have Champs-Elysées here in the hinterlands.
    It sounds divine, though.
    I'm wearing Aoud Queen Rose after a few days in Une Folie de Rose. It seems like every year, when June comes around, my craving for roses kicks in.

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan (sample). Something a little warm and spicy felt right for a cold, windy day.
    Last edited by Hoos; 20th May 2008 at 01:30 PM.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I dug out my small decant of Champs and realized how very little of this I have left. Totally forgot I was hoarding it!

Anyhoo... will be joining the ladies in my last few drops of CHAMPS today!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Whew that felt like the scroll at the beginnning of Star Wars describing the Rebel Alliance.

After 3 WEEKS without a vehicle, we are restored to mobility.

And the first place DH & I are headed this a.m.?

The dentist (!) to get our final crowns from the long-ago root-canal-athon.
    I am doused in my friend, my comfort scent: Nanadebary Green.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thanks to lilybelle, I now have samples of the famous Coty Wild Musk OIL! So, today, I am doing a comparison:

Coty Wild Musk Oil VS Marc Jacobs Amber EDT

More details will be posted in a separate CWM thread which was already started.

Chanel No 22.
    Which is my subscription to Wordbird's mini theory, I have ten tiny phials of this as there is no way I could ever use 200ml of it-so neh Chanel and your silly giant bottle sizes.

Testing several Serge Lutens samples I ordered recently.

1. Arabie- I really like a lot but the dry down reminds me of Sacrebleu ( which I already own and adore)

2. Santal Blanc- I was hoping for a sandalwood with more oomph

3.Daim Blond-I could love but it seems to have vanished quickly, will have to apply more liberally and form my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't have Champs-Elysées here in the hinterlands. It sounds divine, though.
    Try your local Ross store -- if you have one. I've seen it in Ross stores across the country.

By the way, my SOTD is the glorious Kouros.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 20th May 2008 at 02:36 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    My wife, Gabrielle Rose, is an anarchist at heart and joins us in Champs-Elysees.
    Riannon here is the Luke Skywalker or Han Solo to your Princess Leia.
    Love the icon by the way, although I'm not sure I like being cast as the Empire but I started the analogy so I guess I have to live with it.
    TwoRoads has been trying to fool with the stats from the beginning. You both are rebels at heart.
    He probably went and found the bottle and sprayed his lovely wife just so he could join in the rebellion.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Champs-Elysées, here I come

Iris Poudre here, to match my cold, reserved mood -- because yesterday I discovered that the man who swept me off my feet last week is, in fact, married.

I'm wearing Mitsouko today.

Another Champs Elysees lover, here. None to wear, but I did just buy a bottle as a Christmas gift. Wish I had kept it for myself.

Wearing Carthusia Mediterraneo on one hand and Aria di Capri on the other, I might dab on some Fiori di Capri later, too, playing with my samples and watching a storm move in with DH. Love this spring weather, HAGD!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post
    Iris Poudre here, to match my cold, reserved mood -- because yesterday I discovered that the man who swept me off my feet last week is, in fact, married.
    Ew, avoid him!

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    Testing several Serge Lutens samples I ordered recently...

2. Santal Blanc- I was hoping for a sandalwood with more oomph
    TDI, I suggest trying the Lutens Santal Mysore... Or going right to Profumum Santalum.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post
    Lynnaea, my dear, he is a cad, and you smell wonderful. Thank goodness you found out early on.

Lancome Hypnose today. I really like this fragrance but once the last of my 30ml bottle is gone I won't repurchase, there are too many others that I prefer.

F.Malle's Bigarade Concentree

Therese -- I know. *sigh* I think he was rather surprised that I figured it out in about a week from the time we first met, and he was quite embarrassed when I confronted him about it. I feel foolish, but I suppose that at least I'm not stupid since I read the clues correctly.

And yes, wearing Frederic Malle is turning out to be a good way to lift my spirits. I keep catching whiffs of myself and thinking, "Damn, I smell good!"

(Ironically, I was wearing Musc Ravageur when I met the cad.... wonder if I was sending off wanton olfactory vibes???)
    Last edited by lynnaea; 20th May 2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo

un lys and clair de musc

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    I am wearing Ambre Russe. If I at all believed in the idea of a signature fragrance (which I don't: Too many wonderful fragrances, too many moods, too many whims), this would be it. Ambre Russe feels like it emanates from my skin, from my being, rather than "visiting" my skin.
    Oh Therese - I am so with you!! And I love the way you describe how AR performs. I'm more than half way through a bottle I bought less than a year ago!! ('Course I've given away a whole lot - the dealer creating addicts!!)

:drifts upstairs to seek out AR as SotE:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I am on a diet (trying to work out & eat healthy, but mostly I just smoke too much and drink diet cokes galore in order not to feel the hunger...)

Treat of the evening: Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum (-have you ever tried to lick your arm when wearing a gourmand like this? I guess not, but I have.... - not to be recommended...)

I love Armani Mania! It is a little more subtle than the more current perfumes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavorna View Post
    Wearing Armani Mania, which is my oldest bottle in the collection. I feel somehow it has lost some of its potency with age, or perhaps my nose has just gotten used to all the powerful perfumes I tend to wear now!

Will there be statistics, even with the separated SotD threads again? Well, I don't do SotE as I shower in the mornings.... but I'll have to join in the overthrow tomorrow!

Blog Entries

I don't have Champs Elysées, so I'm sticking with Guerlain and sampling L'instant instead.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Oh, I do have some Champs-Elysées, courtesy of Tao! I had completely forgotten about it.

I'm not wearing it to be subversive, but the buzz did bring it to the front of the line.

It's floral and Guerlain... and, surprisingly, I like it.
    Last edited by tang; 20th May 2008 at 09:40 PM.

Bond Union Square... becoming a fast favorite!

Champs-Elyees

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    And the first place DH & I are headed this a.m.?
    Was about to shriek "OMG" thinking about Nordie's or/and Needless Markup.

Hope all three of you (you, Mr.Q and your check book) can recover soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jones10021 View Post
    I love Armani Mania! It is a little more subtle than the more current perfumes out there.

*Khm Khm* Really? It is powerhouse on me, I wear it sparingly and mostly outside! I suppose it is a perfect scent for windy weather. We are talking about the old one, the one that's coming (OK, used to be coming) in a black box? I was thinking about getting rid of it during the Spring Cleaning, but thought better of it. I like it, it is probably in my Top 20-25.

EIGHT Champs-Elysees wearers plus one Champs-Elysees refresher today!

Eat it, Terre d'Hermes!