Code of Conduct

Default [NEW] Giorgio Armani - Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men

I saw this on another forum, so I decided to pop it here. It isn't listed in the directory either.

"Armani wants to appeal to the men. So, they have created a new scent that will be out this summer. Hmm, coincidentally would it be out in time for Father's Day, we're guessing? The new cologne will be called Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men. They've opted to use dirty Josh Hartnett as the new face for the fragrance."

Default Re: [NEW] Giorgio Armani - Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men

Don't they already "appeal to the men" with... gasp... Acqua di Gio Pour Homme, the #1-selling fragrance in the US, men's or women's? And isn't Armani Code the #2 or #3 seller in the men's sector, too (I forget which)?

Still, I couldn't find a notes listing, but I did find out that it will be available in the US in June (in time for Father's Day). I wonder what Giorgio Armani has up its sleeve to print the euros this time...
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Why not Josh Groban with that sound of diamond!

I guess this one would smell classy. Can't wait to try it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Yeah its true....

http://wwd.com/notavailable/dotcom?t...fashionarticle

I just don't see that a masculine name....?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Yeah its true....

eheh.. you're not alone.

Another citrus/aquatic/woody frag for the masses?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

No, this is not a citrus woody fragrance....I read that this will be a gourmand scent.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    No, this is not a citrus woody fragrance....I read that this will be a gourmand scent.
    Gary
    Great - What the world needs another Angel Men.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    eheh.. you're not alone.

Another citrus/aquatic/woody frag for the masses?
    When has Armani released a woody/citrus?

Cheers,
    Al

That was an extremely sarcastic statement voicing my overall displeasure with what I find to be one of the most boring fragrance lines from any designer.

((yawn))
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It will be another liked-by-everybody inoffensive and expensive frag.

Not the most masculine name for a mens frag. "Oooh you smell nice, what are you wearing?" "Diamonds...*whispers in a low, hushed voice* for men"
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Probably another Acqua di Niente tailored on the (lack of) taste of the average "I want to smell fresh&clean" yankee boy?!?
    Sounds money rolling in again for Re Giorgio.

Lightbulb Re: [NEW] Giorgio Armani - Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men

What a terrible thing to make millions of dollars by appealing to the masses! And while you slam his fragrances he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Why the hell would armani put out another gourmand when there is code. Doesn't make good sense, at least to me.

Blog Entries

This cologne better be sparkling or I'd be disappointed. Get your shiny bling on. The only Armani stuff I liked were Code and AdG. Even then it feels as if those two are too expensive for what they are and I can get much nicer stuff (or two bottles of nicer smelling stuff) for the cost of one of those.

Great - What the world needs another Angel Men.
    His last masculine scent (Attitude) was a re-interpretation of B*Men, does the world need it? Also it made a lot of money for them and IT IS A 2008 FIFI FINALIST!!!
    Last edited by msi_21; 31st May 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Blog Entries

I like code and I'll admit it. If it smells nice it smells nice.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

I'm very excited about this release. I have been anticipating it, because there has been a comparative lack of unoriginal, boring, dull and synthetic scents on the market this year.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. We here at Basenotes kill a fragrance before it ever launches. I feel that this forum should take on a new name. This site should be called nichenotes.....I honestly tire of all the niche talk. Some are very good, and some are way over priced.....I'll wait to review this scent after I have sampled it.....Gary

I've said this before and I'll say it again. We here at Basenotes kill a fragrance before it ever launches. I feel that this forum should take on a new name. This site should be called nichenotes.....I honestly tire of all the niche talk. Some are very good, and some are way over priced.....I'll wait to review this scent after I have sampled it.....Gary
    True, it might be very good.

Versace pour homme, which is one of these new releases, is genuinely good. I own a bottle, and even though it does get trashed, I do enjoy it. I've smelt Diamonds for Women, and i've noticed a generic trend in Giorgio Armani. Niche houses have these pre-dispositions as well, some people believe all Serge Lutens to be spicy sweet messy concoctions.

Well said Gary! I agree everyone here is into niche and what is ever designer is alway measured againt niche fragrances and if it doesn't meet up its trashed.

Scentimus does not own and care to own one niche scent - too expensive.

Smile Re: [NEW] Giorgio Armani - Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men

I totally agree with Gary. majority of fragrance reviews are about niche fragrances that are way to ard to acquire and stink. I mean really i feel that most of you like to smell like some kind of nasty wood earthy scent. yuck. yes to each there own but really we should always try before we come to a conclusion. and again if you really dont work n the fragrance industry then you really cant speak of why they make or create these fragrances or why they choose to do what they do. Just shut up and wear them. if you dont like them , then fine, but lets be at lest optimistic about the forthcoming launches. just my 2 cents

I have quite a few mainstream fragrances, one of my favourites being Mont Blanc Presence, which is just plain fantastic. Great opening, great heart notes and a fantastic dry down.

If I like it, I'll wear it and I don't care what name is on the bottle.

A lot of niche fragrances aren't all that anyway. Hammam by Penhaligon's is one of the most disgusting things (aside from A*Men) I have ever smelled.

I do think there is something of a tendency to become too snobby about things.

Cool Re: [NEW] Giorgio Armani - Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    True, it might be very good.

Yes, but the NAME? Off-putting. Sound like something created by Elizabeth Taylor...for women...
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 31st May 2008 at 05:12 PM.

I don't know the scent as yet, but if the message is that I'll be like that dizzy-looking guy if I will use it, I swear I won't.

http://www.illatgardrob.shp.hu/hpc/w...ferfi_parfumok

I've never gotten why Mania isn't more well received. I like 10 times better than AdG and Code and I get a ton of compliments on it. It does well with my skin and is something I enjoy wearing. The only Armanis I like besides it are the original and Emporio but I think Mania is the best.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I like your attitude.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Yeah its true....

+1.
    My first thoughts also. If they are wishing to appeal to men, then the name "Diamonds" is a bit flouncy.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I like your attitude.
    I agree completely with the two of you. Too many people here flaunt the image that designer fragrances are all success due to marketing which is bull. You can make all the judgements you want about the name which is perfectly fine but to bash the entire label because of past releases is just dumb. AdG and Code may not be one of a kind or or complex, but boy do they sell and boy do the girls love them.