Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default is there any scent that smells like SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER?

mugler cologne is similar to creed ov, sean john unforgivable is similar to creed MI, is there any scent similar to creed silver mountain water?? yesterday i smelled a bond no9 that smelled similar but i forgot which bond it was. is there any scent that smells like SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER?

Default Re: is there any scent that smells like SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER?

Bond No.9 Hamptons.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

That's a good one too-- I've been discovering more Bond's lately. Didn't know there were so many

It sounds like you're asking for designer or less expensive options. IMO, and although the notes are different, the closest would be Azzaro Chrome and Carolina Herrera 212 Men.

I'll agree, Bond No. 9 Hamptons smells like SMW on top, but don't know how it continues.
    I definitely think Unforgiveable smells much more like SMW than MI does.

Out of all the Bonds I've tried, I haven't tried Hamptons yet, but I assume you would get the top notes and not the famous Creed house note. I honestly don't think Unforgivable smells like MI...It smells like Wall Street. Believe it or not, I think Unforgivable's drydown is closer to SMW than MI. MI's drydown is a lot warmer, if that makes any sense at all.

Versace The Dreamer.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I haven't come across any male scent with a distinctive black currant note like SMW, thus nothing smells remotely like it that I've come across.
    Renato

IIRC this one has quite often been likened to CK One. Don't know for sure.

Agree with Bond no 9 Hamptons. I think SMW is better though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I find Silver Mountain Water remarkably similar to the opening of Moschino Cheap & Chic and Moschino Oh! They all seem to have the same entirely synthetic metallic/inky amalgam. The drydown of Cheap & Chic, in contrast to SMW and Oh!, is floral, however. Anyone who likes SMW should check out Moscino Oh! On the other hand, if you dislike SMW, you'll want to steer clear of these Moschino compositions...
    Last edited by sherapop; 3rd May 2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: type-o

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Agree with Bond no 9 Hamptons. I think SMW is better though.
    Me too...but as the scent progresses (Hamptons) it takes a different turn...kinda ambery....so the drydown is different from that of SMW.

In the same manner Sean Jean put out Unforgiveable to smell like MI, I believe his I Am King is supposed to smell like SMW.

Haven't tried it and the reviews in directory are none too good.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    In the same manner Sean Jean put out Unforgiveable to smell like MI, I believe his I Am King is supposed to smell like SMW.

Haven't tried it and the reviews in directory are none too good.
    Sean John's fragrance isn't an exact clone of SMW but the similarities are there. I think it's a good scent that gets bad reviews due to his habit of ripping off other creations. It's worth a try though if you can look past that fact.

I can't think of anything remotely like SMW.
    You might get a really cheap approximation by layering a little CK Escape with... mmm... something to give it the slightest hint of ambery warmth... Davidoff's Silver Shadow/Adventure???

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Versace The Dreamer.
    poles apart to me.

Further to what I wrote above, to my nose The Original by The Gap bears a strong similarity in style to Silver Mountain Water.
    I think of The Original as SMW without the blackcurrant, but with a bit of leather tossed in instead.

I have SMW, the Original and I am King on my hands at the moment. I can't smell an similarity between I Am King and the other two.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 3rd May 2010 at 08:10 AM.

I am King, they tried to knock it off.

The only fragrance that reminds me of the blackcurrant notes in SMW is Mefisto by Xerjoff. Mefisto certainly isn't a SMW clone, it's far more classier, better quality and longer lasting, but I do detect a similar blackcurrant note coming through for the first half hour as SMW when I spray my Mefisto.

I'm a bit agitated by all the 'I am King = SMW ripoff' comments here. People assume that Unforgivable was a MI knockoff, and therefore project their feelings on 'I am King'.

Nobody who has sniffed both SMW and I am King would think SMW was a template for I am King, whilst with a bit of a stretch you might say that MI was a template for Unforgivable, or the formula for Green Irish Tweed was a template for Cool Water.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Versace The Dreamer.
    not even close

Bond's Hamptons is boozier towards the drydown whereas SMW is sharper, almost nose tinglingly sharp and muskier. I prefer Hamptons, it's drydown appeals to me more than SMW's does.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I haven't tried Bond no 9 Hamptons, but Montale Boise Fruité is definetely the closest one, which I know. Boise Fruité smells very similar than SMW, although SMW is more fresh comparing the two. Boise Fruité is also stronger with better sillage and longevity as Montales usually do.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

I'm really surprised nobody's mentioned Bulgari Au the Vert. The Vert is a little warmer, but the two are quite close..
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

definately not I am King!
    sb[]p

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob[]pants View Post
    definately not I am King!
    coming from someone with a P Diddy icon pic lol

Unforgivable makes up for it
    sb[]p

Xerjoff's Mefisto is a more intense/longer lasting version of Creed's SMW to my nose.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    I'm a bit agitated by all the 'I am King = SMW ripoff' comments here. People assume that Unforgivable was a MI knockoff, and therefore project their feelings on 'I am King'.

Nobody who has sniffed both SMW and I am King would think SMW was a template for I am King, whilst with a bit of a stretch you might say that MI was a template for Unforgivable, or the formula for Green Irish Tweed was a template for Cool Water.
    I have sampled I am King and think it smells good. Understand that I am not a Puffy fan or whatever he calls himself, I am a metalhead. A lot of people are saying that CKone and Chrome smell like SMW. I unfortunately have not smelled SMW, but if it does smell like CHROME, then I have to say that I am King is not a "knockoff" of SMW.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob[]pants View Post
    Unforgivable makes up for it
    lol, knock off of millesime imperial, but Diddy did invent the remix...............not.

Bond Hamptons
    Montale' Bois Fruite

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The only fragrance that reminds me of the blackcurrant notes in SMW is Mefisto by Xerjoff. Mefisto certainly isn't a SMW clone, it's far more classier, better quality and longer lasting, but I do detect a similar blackcurrant note coming through for the first half hour as SMW when I spray my Mefisto.
    I've been scoping it as the Xerjoff I'd like for some time, but now i must test Mefisto.

I used the sample I have of I Am King once but damn it's horrible. It's not even close to SMW to my nose.

Unfortunately the only other one that I find is similar, as others have said, is Hamptons. I slightly prefer SMW but I enjoy both
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Definitely Montale Boise Fruite' and Bond No.9 Hamptons
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Aventus, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Lomani Intense Black, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud and Slumberhouse Jeke

Although not really similar, Costume National Scent Intense shares one or two notes with SMW, at least to my nose.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

For 10th or is 20th time? I am King smells about as much like Silver Mountain Water, as Acqua di Gio smells like Joop!, they are 100% different. One is sharp, cold black currant and tea, the other is a synthetic fruit bowl. The only scents which I know smell like SMW, are rather expensive: Montale Boise Fruite and Xerjoff Mefisto.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 4th May 2010 at 12:54 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    For 10th or is 20th time? I am King smells about as much like Silver Mountain Water, as Acqua di Gio smells like Joop!, they are 100% different. One is sharp, cold black currant and tea, the other is a synthetic fruit bowl. The only scents which I know smell like SMW, are rather expensive: Montale Boise Fruite and Xerjoff Mefisto.
    I couldnt see any similarity either with I Am King... Unforgivable has more in common, and even then its pushing it.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Mefisto does smell like SMW...the Xerjoff is wayyyyyy better IMO

No one has mentioned X Rocawear yet?

Got a sample of this, and it smelled like a "Day-Glo" version of SMW. Surprisingly nice.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I won't quote anyone directly, but I find it amusing when people state their opinions as fact and believe they can speak on behalf of everyone in the world. Fragrance is subjective and your nose won't always agree with what others perceive. Everyone's sense of smell is different. I'm sure there are people out there who can't tell the difference between I am King and SMW, but does that make them wrong?

While the note pyramid of I am King is not identical to SMW, one could argue that they both share similar citrus accords. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which shouldn't be subjected to ridicule especially on this forum.
    Last edited by teflondog; 4th May 2010 at 07:32 PM.

Hamptons doesnt smell like SMW, its spicy and somewhat heavy.

Quite the bump.

Al Rehab Silver
    Sun Java White

Silver by Al Rehab.

Sun Java White for men smells similar but it wouldn't be redundant to own both.
    Top Notes: Bergamont, Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Black Currant and Tangerine.
    Heart: Mint, Sage, Pepper, Rosemary, and Patchouli
    Base: Musk and Amber

Out of those I get all the top notes, mint, rosemary, and with just a touch of patchouli.

There's nothing that can replace silver mountain water. It's such a beautiful composition.
    Definitely not the metallic nastiness of al rehab silver. I can appreciate why some think so however. For a split second when you smell them you might think they're close.

Yes there is a fragrance which smells exactly like Silver Mountain Water.... Its called Creed Silver Mountain Water

Nothing I've ever smelled is like SMW.

I have both the Hamptions and SMW and I get where some people might compare & confuse the opening of the both of them because of the Lime blossom and bergamot in the Hamptons to the Bergamot and Mandarin in SMW but to me they are not even close and from there on they really take a completly different path. I enjoy both but much prefer SMW in the opening which is much sharper. The middle notes of Green tea and blackcurrant really seperate the two and of course the dry down on both are so different from each other IMO.

BTW I always get a " you smell so good " from the 21 young and middle aged women I work with when I wear SMW but a "thats not bad" when I'm wearing the Hamptons. Hell I get great compliments when I wear Mulger The Cologna from the crew. All 3 are in a similar genre but are still so different to a nose that knows.

If you want something Like SMW why not get the real thing. Fragrancenet has it at a discount price always and with the 20% coupon it's not gonna break the bank either.

Agree that it's pretty unique. Can't come up with anything quite similar.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Xerjoff Mefisto and Montale Boise Fruite are SMW clones that actually smell BETTER than the Creed.....at least to me.

Bond No. 9 Hamptons is a distant third as far as worthy comparisons.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

there are some thread comparing it to Silver Al-Rehab. But Silver is 5 dollars. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by maricle View Post
    Quite the bump.

Al Rehab Silver
    Sun Java White
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Silver by Al Rehab.

+1 on the Al-Rehab
    KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    there are some thread comparing it to Silver Al-Rehab. But Silver is 5 dollars. LOL.
    And it smells about 5 dollars worth of effort in trying to duplicate Silver Mountain Water.

+1 Sun Java White

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    And it smells about 5 dollars worth of effort in trying to duplicate Silver Mountain Water.
    And there's been quite a few people that have posted stating they think it's a completely acceptable alternative. Does it smell like SMW? Of course it does.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    And there's been quite a few people that have posted stating they think it's a completely acceptable alternative. Does it smell like SMW? Of course it does.
    I agree.

What the heck do the price tags have to do with the olfactive similarity of the fragrances?? Do people think the ingredients of SMW really cost 25-30 times those of Silver? I suspect the majority in difference in cost is merely profit in Messrs Creed back pockets. Nowt wrong with that and I have gratefully contribured to their coffers, but will never buy SMW.

Hampston bond no.9 good than SMW << very cloying green tea little citrus dry down

Nothing comes close to SMW get the real McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Silver by Al Rehab.
    Smells extremely similar. As close as possible for a knockoff.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Bond No.9 Hamptons.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Exactly. Just buy it and enjoy it. It's fine stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Smells extremely similar. As close as possible for a knockoff.

Agreed. Also i find it hard to tell SMW apart from White Attitude from Deray. This is one of the closest comparisons of any fragrances i have come across.

WHITE-ATTITUDE-3.4-OZ-EDT-SPRAY-FOR-MEN-NEW-IN-A-BOX-BY-DERAY.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I disagree. I own SMW and there are things that are extremely close to it. And i'm not talking about Bond's Hamptons