Code of Conduct

Question Scents you want to hate but love anyway

(Originally by scentwitch)---
    You could add another thread to this, of scents you wanted to hate but fell in love with. For me it's been the florals....
    Carnal Flower
    Brulure de Rose
    Iris Poudre
    ..Even the names were enough to put me off, but to me they're all warm, sexy and utterly yummy. I just have to squirt them on in moderation, esp with Carnal Flower.
    Interestingly, my darling hubby thinks that florals make me smell like an old lady. He WILL get used to them!!!!
    btw, loving this site
    I am going to take Scentwitch's idea from the Scents you've tried to love and can't thread.

My scents I want to hate but love anyway:

Giorgio - the reason why there are bans against perfume. The epitome of big 80s florals. But very pretty when used sparingly (as in DAB, not SPRAY) and a fave of the SO.

Pink Sugar - I wear this to bed because even though I wouldn't be caught dead in this thing in public (anyone remember Tinkerbell perfume?), there is something very soothing about it.

Any other takers?
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Default Re: Scents you want to hate but love anyway

I hated Angel.
    Then I was walking with some friends one day, and I smelled patchouli. I said, "Who's wearing patchouli?"
    "Not me."
    "I'm not wearing anything."
    I kept insisting. Soon, both of them smelled it, too.
    After a lengthy discussion, one of them admitted that she had borrowed some clothes from a friend.
    "All of the clothes she gave me smell like that," said my friend.
    Apparently the woman had doused herself in Angel.
    O.K. I like Angel.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 16th May 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Why should I want to hate a scent?

Hm, the only reason I can think of is because it is too expensive for me.

I HATE SL Bell Jars, I really do...

Definitely Bond Chinatown. I feel like everyone wears this and loves it, which makes me want to rebel. No can do though; will always be a great love of mine.

If I love the fragrance, I just don 't care who makes it or if it 's something everybody else wears too...

Fantasy ('nuff said )
    Last edited by jillsy; 17th May 2008 at 01:45 AM.

In Control Curious...I really enjoy this frag, but I HATE the "celeb" name attached to it and the bottle is hideously cheap, tacky, & whore-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    In Control Curious...I really enjoy this frag, but I HATE the "celeb" name attached to it and the bottle is hideously cheap, tacky, & whore-ish.
    Oh yeah... that too.

Plus the pump makes the juice lose its scent pretty quickly (took me awhile to realise that so my bottle has lost a lot of its intensity).

I'm glad I don't like Curious/Believe... a third Britney fragrance in my collection might be more than I can handle! Liked Midnight Fantasy until Mum said it smelled like a posh hotels toilet and I started to see the resemblance (thanks Mum! )
    Last edited by jillsy; 18th May 2008 at 12:33 PM.