Code of Conduct

Default Ebay safe for creed?

I'm putting some money aside for my penhaligons endymion....i also want a creed but cannot justify buying it from selfridges or harrods or anywhere in london as they all want like...£75 a bottle minimum.

Who can I trust on ebay? Anyone have any places like powerselling shops etc that they KNOW are selling genuine produtcs? I only want one creed, im going to sample a few over the coming weeks and pick the 1 I want. I just feel I should own ONE creed lol I doubt il use it...in fear of running out LOL
    Last edited by emes; 16th May 2008 at 05:47 PM.

Default Re: Ebay safe for creed?

Dont buy from Sarah's shop, she sells fake Creeds! And so far no refund or any reply.

I'd drop off my young son at Neverland Ranch for a slumber party before I'd buy Creed off Ebay.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Just do a google search for the Creed you want and the word price, but I'd avoid eBay.

looooooooooooooooooool OMG i laughed out loud literally....ok stuff that idea!

75ml bottles, testers and previously used bottles are the safest Creeds, particularly if it's a rarer fragrance. Seller percentages of >99.5% are helpful but not absolute.

The ones definitely NOT to buy are 125mL of GIT, MI and SMW. No no no!
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

If you do the search as I said, you'll find sites like bizrate.com, which will give you an idea of the "going price" for a frag, such as:

http://www.bizrate.com/perfumeandcol...--581603-.html

From all the negative feedback regarding Creeds on eBay, I would strongly advise you against buying it from there. The usual suspects are GIT, SMW and MI as they are very popular. Some of the fakes are good enough even an expert can sometimes be fooled. Go to a reputable source or even a reputable online retailers (do a search and you will see on this forum), you can at least get you money back and a peace of mind knowing that you have bought the real one.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 16th May 2008 at 06:09 PM.

I know patience is no fun, but given time you are bound to see reasonable priced Creeds here in BN. I have had good experiences with the people here and don't mind paying them a litle more for peace of mind. Hirsch_Duckfinder is based in GB and he's usually got some good things going. Send him a pm and see if he's got anything on the block.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

correction, that's hirch_duckfinder

sites like perfume.com and scentedmonkey sell em at affordable rates....guys cud you pls re-affirm....?
    Last edited by jenson; 16th May 2008 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    75ml bottles, testers and previously used bottles are the safest Creeds, particularly if it's a rarer fragrance. Seller percentages of >99.5% are helpful but not absolute.

The ones definitely NOT to buy are 125mL of GIT, MI and SMW. No no no!
    I also have had good luck purchasing Creeds off of eBay. Ged's advice is spot-on and should not be bypassed. The seller ratings are extremely important. High percentages are common and not too revealing as most people either do not complain or do not know they have a fake. Setting the percentage as high as Ged does is imperative. Read the detail feedback, even if only a few people report receiving fake fragrances that is enough to scare me off. There is at least one very reputable Basenoter who sells authentic Creed testers on eBay.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Does anyone feel nice enough to send me a sample or two of these creed? GIT SMW and MI.

Iv never smelt them at all...

At least then i'll be able to make a comparison and know if its a knock off or not...i hope!
    Last edited by emes; 16th May 2008 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Does anyone feel nice enough to send me a sample or two of these creed? GIT SMW and MI.

Iv never smelt them at all...

At least then i'll be able to make a comparison and know if its a knock off or not...i hope!
    Be sure to check out Himalaya aswell!!! Its my favourite after MI...I dont like GIT...and I know its dangerous to say that out loud here!!

Further to the already sound advice given, I'd add two more factors that can increase buying confidence: photographs of the actual bottles up for auction, and the obtaining of official samples/decants beforehand - this way, you have a reference and will know if you end up buying a fake, allowing you to act accordingly and with conviction. It's a small extra price to pay for peace of mind - you're still going to save on RRP even if it means spending a few quid.

It's taken me over a year of watching auctions [and buying samples/decants] to get a feel for genuine articles, but it's paid off: I've bought three 75ml Creeds on Ebay UK that I know are genuine, and paid roughly £40 for each. I've even bought the most risky Ebay Creed - 120ml GIT - at a good price, from an excellent seller. How do I know it was the real thing? By experiencing samples and decants of GIT from various sources beforehand.

Common sense, caution and patience. It's a good Ebay strategy

[EDIT: Also, don't buy a Creed just because you feel you have to have one. It's not a criminal offence, y'know. Not even around here! ]
    Last edited by simisker; 16th May 2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: innate persnicketiness

Buying Creed off of eBay, a simulation:

Since the fakes go for $60 - take $60 and do the following:

Go to the drugstore and buy a 1 oz size of cool water and dilute it with rubbing alcohol until it is 4.2 oz - and put in a mason jar and label it "Green Frisch Tweed". This will cost you about $16 total.

Take the $44 left and get it changed into $1 bills
    Give $40 to the least honest person you know.
    The last $4 give to the mailman as a gift.

This simulates the eBay Creed experience.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 16th May 2008 at 07:59 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

One thing I've pointed out before about buying expensive frags on ebay is that it seems that the fake bottles tend to leak during shipping, so even if a seller has good feedback, it might mean he just refunded money to buyers who complained, but if you see feedback where a few buyers talk about leaky bottles, beware !

It is certainly possible to buy authentic Creed off of eBay. The best advice has been given by Ged: stick to 75ml bottles or bottles of scents that are less popular. There are no known counterfeit 75ml bottles and it's not commercially interesting enough to counterfeit the more obscure Creeds.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Ebay safe for Creed = NO!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

eBay Powersellers with 99% positive feedback are the WORST people to buy Creed from! lol. If they're selling Creed in bulk, you know something's up. toolhaus it y'all. This question has been answered many times. NO. Buy it Creed at retail, or instead buy a good men's designer frag (usually an oxymoron, but if you did deep enough you will find the exceptions to the rule).

If you can't afford it, don't buy it at all. Unforgivable, Cool Water, Mugler Cologne, Paco XS, and PdN New York are all very good scents at bargain bin prices, and the general population wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyways.

(I thought we would get a Sticky about fake Creeds? Mods?)
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

The seller Perfume Wizdome sells 100% authentic Creed.

Just a question here...Can't you easily get your money back if you use paypal? Or is it just another case of the unavoidable problem with buying perfume, that as you claim something is fake, the seller will inevitably claim it is real.

Its not fair to the authentic Ebay sellers of Creed when everyone is saying to avoid like the plague.. I buy my Creed from 21stscentury based in England and he is a very honest seller.. Stick to just one reputable seller thats the key.. Dont be fooled by ridiculous low prices and expect the genuine item..
    Last edited by deck89; 19th May 2008 at 10:21 AM.

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

One good piece of advice that I received was to wait until after the holidays. You may find sellers who received them as a gift and doesn't like it. Look for a seller who usually sells other things, not perfumes.

Be careful though - they might not like it because it's a fake! So far, the best way to tell is to ask them to pull off the sprayer top and ask if the nozzle goes into a white plastic base or a metal base the same colour as the bottle. Don't tell the which is fake (the metal base). Also ask for pictures of this nozzle.

Thinking about buying Creed off eBay is like wanting to sleep with the village whore - best not to go down that road if you can avoid it but, if you really can't resist the temptation, take some precautions for God's sake...

I think buying Creed off of eBay is rather dangerous. If you want Creed, pay the darn money and get it from a Bricks and Mortar retailer.

If I were Creed, I would lean on eBay to crack down and fake Creed sales as this is far more damaging to their brand than to the consumers that get bilked.

(In fact, this is why Creed has such a large proportion of fakes on eBay. They obviously do nothing to combat cheap fakes.)
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

there is a partial bottle on ebay of GIT that is from a basenoter and is REAL right now