Code of Conduct

Default Wasser New Guerlain House Nose

Not familiar with any of his work. Any thoughts anyone? A worthy successor to the Great JP?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Wasser New Guerlain House Nose

As long as LVMH decides to leave the grand classics alone, I'm fine with it. On the other hand, his middling Iris Ganache didn't overly impress me. We can only wait and see.

According to Guerlain's chief executive officer Laurent Boillot, Jean-Paul Guerlain, consultant to the company's presidency on creation and raw materials, will continue 'guiding Guerlain and its new perfumer to insure the timeless Guerlain signature that is known all over the world since 1828'.

It sounds reassuring enough to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    As long as LVMH decides to leave the grand classics alone, I'm fine with it. On the other hand, his middling Iris Ganache didn't overly impress me. We can only wait and see.
    Iris Ganache (from the sample) is nice. If you like Insolence, but don't like berries, should try Iris Ganache.
    Last edited by DreamerII; 18th May 2008 at 08:23 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    According to Guerlain's chief executive officer Laurent Boillot, Jean-Paul Guerlain, consultant to the company's presidency on creation and raw materials, will continue 'guiding Guerlain and its new perfumer to insure the timeless Guerlain signature that is known all over the world since 1828'.

It sounds reassuring enough to me...
    That's nice to know - thanks Ulrik.

When I heard the news, I immediately thought of you.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    Iris Ganache (from the sample) is nice. If you like Insolence, but don't like berries, should try Iris Ganache.
    What a coincidence, I was just out sniffing at Sephora and tried Insolence and thought to myself, Maurice Roucel, why didn't Guerlain snag him? With Insolence, he proved that he understands Guerlain's traditions, think L'Heure Bleue or Après l'Ondée fruited up for the PYTs.
    And then there's his tribute to Shalimar, the monumental Musc Ravaguer. And, of course, his gorgeous Iris Silver Mist for Serge Lutens.
    His Lalique Homme is my favorite male designated fragrance in decades, totally Guerlain worthy.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 19th May 2008 at 01:35 AM.

In this case I agree with Turin - they should have hired de Nicolai, cuz she gots them L'Heure Bleue genes.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.