Code of Conduct

Default are creed Refillable Atomizers empty?

this is a dumb question but i noticed on fragrancex.com they have a ton of different variations of 1.7 oz creed fragrances such as GIT and SMW, they are labeled as refillable atomizers but are these just some special edition empty collectors atomizers or do they actually come with 1.7 oz of said fragrance???? thank you..

Default Re: are creed Refillable Atomizers empty?

Pretty sure they are empty

Yeah, they're empty - I have no idea why they list them under particular fragrances. I imagine alot of their customers get a rude surprise! I asked them before buying one and they told me it was empty.

They don't come with the funnels either.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Yeah, I bought a red atomizer from FragranceX, which claimed to be filled with Spring Flower... and it was empty! Bastards... I knew it was too good to be true.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Who the hell would buy a Creed atomizer w/out anything in it??

Cool Re: are creed Refillable Atomizers empty?

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Who the hell would buy a Creed atomizer w/out anything in it??
    I think it's best if I don't answer this question.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    I think it's best if I don't answer this question.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Who the hell would buy a Creed
    I think that is the main question.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Who the hell would buy a Creed - I think that is the main question.
    Oh, snap!

But as to why you'd just buy an atomizer, it's if you have one of those splash flacons in family bucket sizes of Creeds and you want to spray them. I'm in the market for one because I broke the sprayer in my Himalaya bottle.

If anyone has one to sell PM me!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 18th May 2008 at 02:33 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    Yeah, I bought a red atomizer from FragranceX, which claimed to be filled with Spring Flower... and it was empty! Bastards... I knew it was too good to be true.
    Red? Or Spring Flower pink?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

The ones found "cheap " online are "seconds".
    I have one bought at full price (£70) from selfridges department store and two bought online.

The online ones have lids which don't stay on properly, the department store one fits on very tightly with a satisfying click. Also the leather on the online ones doesn't match properly at the seam. It overlaps and sticks out a bit - on the department store one it is perfect. And they don't come with funnels.

So far the atomisers on both seem good. I am paranoid that the online ones may not seal perfectly (though I have no evidence for this) and so am hesitant to put my precious private collection juice in.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

I have one bought online and the cap clicks on perfectly, but I have the same issue with the leather overlap - I'm at least glad to know that the full priced ones don't have that as it's an absurd design, and more likely to come off.

The juice is sealed tight in mine at least.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    I have one bought online and the cap clicks on perfectly, but I have the same issue with the leather overlap - I'm at least glad to know that the full priced ones don't have that as it's an absurd design, and more likely to come off.

The juice is sealed tight in mine at least.
    On the official one the lid REALLY clicks in place - you have to pull it quite hard to get it off - does your online one have this? Both of mine kind of give a little click but the lid could come off in a bag/suitcase etc.

reviews

Last edited by irish; 6th December 2008 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    On the official one the lid REALLY clicks in place - you have to pull it quite hard to get it off - does your online one have this? Both of mine kind of give a little click but the lid could come off in a bag/suitcase etc.
    I don't have to struggle to open it, but I don't see it coming off just like that in a bag. Maybe if something pushed against it at an angle with a little force it'd come off. Goes on and off very comfortably, not too loose, not too hard.

I wish the black ones were available online though (at discounted price) they seem to have all the other colours.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Basenotes Member

Too bad you can't refill the 1 oz. Creed bottles!! I am not giving up yet, but I think it will be more trouble than what it is worth! Anyone ever have any success taking the caps off and re-crimping them or re-capping them???

Just take off the sprayer and use a syringe into the tube