Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: dabbling in the men's scent arena: cool water, polo, BP, Safari, Egoiste Platinu

I've been sampling some men's fragrances as well lately. I love and bought myself Tumulte PH. Very cedar-y and incense. I used to wear Angel A*men but I have gotten tired of it, though I still prefer it to the women's version. D'Orsay Le Dandy is very nice, a little more masculine and I think I would rather get my non-fragrance wearing husband to wear that, but I'd be snitching some too. I do wear his Bulgari Black occasionally. I like Terre D'Hermes as well and Rochas PH doesn't smell too manly on me, but it does smell like a watered down version of Bond #9 New Haarlem which I prefer and will probably get a bottle of soon.

Default Re: dabbling in the men's scent arena: cool water, polo, BP, Safari, Egoiste Platinu

PdN Cologne Sologne
    Guerlain Les Eaux
    Santa Maria Novella Sicily
    Carthusia Mediterraneo
    Last edited by beachroses; 8th June 2008 at 01:07 PM.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I tried Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male today as I was hoping to find another vanilla scent that I like. Le Male has something in it that reminds me of Arrid Extra Extra Dry with vanilla. And Wal-Mart's Simply Basics Moonlight Way lotion smells a lot like Arrid XX Dry, too. They claim Moonlight Way has rose, lily of the valley, and musk.

Anyway, I can't wear Le Male because of the association with armpit deodorant, but there is something about it that is nice, particularly when it's accidentally layered with Kenzo Amour, as I did today.
    Last edited by Aiona; 14th June 2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Oops! It's Jean, not John.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

While at my parents' place, my mother pulled out her collection of perfume bottles (most of which she leaves unopened), and I was surprised to find Safari for Men among them. Apparently she had bought it for my dad, who didn't like it.

So I tried it. Ugh! Not for me. I like the bottle though!

I also got a chance to sniff Beyond Paradise for Men, but only on a card. It smells nice. A cool aquatic-like scent. Like artificial watermelon flavor. 'Haven't tried it on skin yet though.

Blog Entries

Why the heck have I never noticed this thread before? LOL. Sheesh. Most of my wardrobe is comprised of mens & unisex frags. My faves:

Men's:
    Clinique Happy
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    L'eau D'Issey
    Clean Men
    Lolita Lempicka au masculin
    Burberry Brit
    LeMale

Unisex:
    Bvlgari Black
    Gaultier2
    CK be
    Mugler Cologne
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    While at my parents' place, my mother pulled out her collection of perfume bottles (most of which she leaves unopened), and I was surprised to find Safari for Men among them. Apparently she had bought it for my dad, who didn't like it.

So I tried it. Ugh! Not for me. I like the bottle though!
    My mistake! I think what I tried was Safari for Women which has been discontinued. STRONG FLORAL.

So, this now begs the question, did my mom accidentally buy a women's fragrance for my dad, and *that* is why he didn't like it, or did she buy it on purpose and said she bought it for my dad, when she actually bought it for herself. I'm confused. But anyway, I've yet to try Safari for Men!

Besides the Dior Homme and Burberry Brit, you should try YSL M7. You might like it.

My favorite men's scents at this point (several weeks of testing):

Habit Rouge
    Heritage
    A*men

also like:

Caron Pour un Homme
    Dior Homme
    Mouchoir de Monsieur

To me there's no gender with scents, just whether I like it or not.

Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    Davidoff Cool Water

My absolute favourite is Armani White, but it doesn't smell special on me. I has to be on another person.
    A close second: Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (yet to try)

plan to try: Acqua di Gio
    Rush (funny, the women's original is beyond awful, but the men's sounds good)

can't stand: JPG Le Male
    Opium (it doesn't deserve that name, the women's is divine)

From my husband's side of the cabinet, I sometimes spray Guerlain Vetiver, Eau Savage de Dior, Egoiste Platinum and Jo Malone 154!

My oldest brother loves fragrances as much as I do. Although they live in NYC, they have an apartment in Miami Beach. Recently when they were down for a few days I spent the day with them. I snooped to see what fragrances he had down here that were new to me. It was great, he had a couple of unkown niche stuff from London that I really enjoyed, however, I can't remember the names now. I'll have to copy them down when I go over next. I did not get him to part with anything. He has introduced me to many fragrances throughout the years which I have them bought for my husband, i.e., Heritage, L'Homme, Eau de Issey. However, my husband is very finicky and tends to only like citrusy scents. Actually, I have put up some used fragrances that he no longer uses for sale on Ebay this week for someone who would like to try some of the scents without having to shell out a lot money.