Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Dimitrios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Blue Mountains
    Posts
    3,821

    Default COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    Anybody tried this one yet ?
    Seen this one pop up on Ebay regularly .
    Seems interesting .




  2. #2
    RCavs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Salvador, Bahia
    Posts
    2,358

    Default Re: COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    I've just purchased a bottle on ebay... Blind buy... What to expect? Anyone?
    It seems It was called J.J. Coca for men and It's(was) under cofinluxe.



    https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...Men-33939.html

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    223,224

    Default Re: COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    I have owned a bottle of this from the early 80s. A nice cheapie - spicy aromatic scent with a pretty prominent nutmeg note.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #4
    RCavs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Salvador, Bahia
    Posts
    2,358

    Default Re: COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have owned a bottle of this from the early 80s. A nice cheapie - spicy aromatic scent with a pretty prominent nutmeg note.
    Wow, Thanks Hednic! Seems really promissing! (Although I wish It was more like Azzaro - Bogart signature)

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    223,224

    Default Re: COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Wow, Thanks Hednic! Seems really promissing! (Although I wish It was more like Azzaro - Bogart signature)
    When you receive it, please return with your thoughts about it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #6
    RCavs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Salvador, Bahia
    Posts
    2,358

    Default Re: COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    When you receive it, please return with your thoughts about it.
    Hi hednic, finally received it!

    You're right about it being a nice spicy aromatic fragrance. Anise and lavender were the first notes I smelled just after spraying it but I don't detect so much nutmeg, maybe due to the fact It's surrounded by old school notes that results in a bright talcum/powdery formal smell. Oakmoss definetely present!
    After all, I smell something in the same vibe of Calvin by calvin klein, replacing chamomile for anise, just less dense, weaker and more wearable (considering It's summer here right now and was only able to use it because, at the office , there's air conditioning).
    I don't know its manufactoring date, but It seems to be something made just after Calvin, and as you said, early 80s... Good for those who enjoy powdery fragrances as Van Cleef & Arpels, Habit Rouge etc. although Coca is lighter, of course.
    It was a cheapie when came out, but compared to the recent designers offerings, It seems richer and I wouldn't be surprised if its formula wasn't more expensive than the launching designers ones.

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    223,224

    Default Re: COCA FOR MEN .. any good ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Hi hednic, finally received it!

    You're right about it being a nice spicy aromatic fragrance. Anise and lavender were the first notes I smelled just after spraying it but I don't detect so much nutmeg, maybe due to the fact It's surrounded by old school notes that results in a bright talcum/powdery formal smell. Oakmoss definetely present!
    After all, I smell something in the same vibe of Calvin by calvin klein, replacing chamomile for anise, just less dense, weaker and more wearable (considering It's summer here right now and was only able to use it because, at the office , there's air conditioning).
    I don't know its manufactoring date, but It seems to be something made just after Calvin, and as you said, early 80s... Good for those who enjoy powdery fragrances as Van Cleef & Arpels, Habit Rouge etc. although Coca is lighter, of course.
    It was a cheapie when came out, but compared to the recent designers offerings, It seems richer and I wouldn't be surprised if its formula wasn't more expensive than the launching designers ones.
    Glad to hear you received it and that you found it pleasant!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000