Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Havana vs. Niagara

On the following chart: http://www.leffingwell.com/h&rfragra...e_masculin.pdf Aramis Havana is located directly next to Courreges Niagara. I am not familiar with Niagara. Has anyone tried this and do you agree it is closely related to Havana?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Havana vs. Niagara

I have not tried Courreges Niagara, but above Havana, almost vertically, on the map is the fragrance I think is closest to Havana: Montana Parfum d'Homme (known here as 'red box').
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I tried Niagara years ago - its a very spicy woody citrus scent. If I recall it has a very date 80's scent to it.

Post Thanks / Like

tworoads- I have many bottles of Montana PDH which, surprisingly enough, is located near, but not very close to, Havana. Actually Romeo Gigli Sud Est is located right next to Havana and I don't see the close connection.
    scentimus- if Niagara is a spicy citrus, then I can't imagine why it would be located right next to Havana on the chart.

ah those charts I never understood them! Same with Edward Michaels - he says Escape for men is a Aromatic Fourge while yet he sees New West for men as a Water/Marine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    tworoads- I have many bottles of Montana PDH which, surprisingly enough, is located near, but not very close to, Havana. Actually Romeo Gigli Sud Est is located right next to Havana and I don't see the close connection.
    scentimus- if Niagara is a spicy citrus, then I can't imagine why it would be located right next to Havana on the chart.
    I am more familiar with Michael Edwards' system, but I think 'nearness' in H&R is determined primarily by looking up and down vertically. Moving left or right seems to be more an acknowledgement that they are from the same time period rather than anything else.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost