Christiane Cello's Calypso Tangerine Homme at Beuatyhabit

Balle de Match by Parfums de Nicolai

Miller Harris Tangerine Vert and Citron Citron

Iskander and FOugere Bengale by Parfums Empire

Carthusia Ligea or Uomo or #1

L'eau Neuve by Lubin

the Bois 1920 Classic, the Patchouli and the Agrumi

And Acqua di Parma Colonia or Assoluta

Looking for summer, long lasting, projection (but not as important as Long lasting) and appropriate for 45 year old man

Default Re: Short list help

Not quite sure of question, but of your list:

Miller Harris Tangerine Citron Citron

L'eau Neuve by Lubin

Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Last edited by silverbullet; 20th May 2008 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post

L'eau Neuve by Lubin

the Bois 1920 Classic, the Patchouli and the Agrumi
    i think scnetemental was open to sell the above mentioned at a pretty decent price....

Scentemental: i hope im not trespassing since you have pulled off your sale list....

From your list, if you look for a summer scent having lasting power and projection suited for a 45yo man (but perfect at every age imo)
    then Colonia Assoluta is the one to go for, definitely.

Colonia Assulta is very refined...calypso is Very feminine...I would not reccomend it...

Fins,
    I tend to agree with the above. Either L'eau Neuve by Lubin or the AdP Assoluta.

I gotta say though, that aside from MI, you haven't seemed to be a big citrus fan over the years.
    You seem to like things with some more body to them. Have you considered a vetiver scent for the Summer?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Fins,
    I tend to agree with the above. Either L'eau Neuve by Lubin or the AdP Assoluta.

I gotta say though, that aside from MI, you haven't seemed to be a big citrus fan over the years.
    You seem to like things with some more body to them. Have you considered a vetiver scent for the Summer?

Eric
    Creed OV is soapy on me
    Guerlains, gifted to me years back by Mando, was dirty, raw and too harsh, gave it away
    The Vetiver with Chocolate, either Malles or Lutens, Extraordinaire I think, was the most wearable

Yeah, I guess I have not like citrus as much as I wore Eau Savauge too much in the 80's along with Drakkar, Polo, Oscar Pour Lui, tons of citrus, Paco Rabanne, Quorom, and it all is metallic.

Im open for suggestions. I go back and forth on the Acqua, and whether Colonia or Assoluta. The Calypso was attractively priced but I dont want feminine. I dont mind spice or incense or tabacco, but not really into gourmand. The coffee in Eau Des Iles got to me, and I loved Piper but tired of it. I like presence in cologne, and love to sniff myself after lunch if I can get a whiff. Dont want to pay $80 for 1.7 ounces and not smell it if I have to go to dinner. Fumerie, Chergui, LDDM, all fit that bill nicely

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Villoresi Musk

Christiane Cello's Calypso Tangerine Homme at Beuatyhabit - NICE BUT TANGERINE VERT IS BETTER

Balle de Match by Parfums de Nicolai - LOVE IT,BUY A BOTTLE

Miller Harris Tangerine Vert and Citron Citron - OK - DON'T BUY EITHER

Iskander and FOugere Bengale by Parfums Empire - BENGALE, BUY A BOTTLE IN FALL FOR WINTER

Carthusia Ligea or Uomo or #1 - DON'T KNOW THIS ONE

L'eau Neuve by Lubin - BEST FRAG ON THIS PAGE - BUY A BOTTLE

the Bois 1920 Classic, the Patchouli and the Agrumi - GET SOME SAMPLES

And Acqua di Parma Colonia or Assoluta - BUY A BOTTLE

Looking for summer, long lasting, projection (but not as important as Long lasting) and appropriate for 45 year old man
    imho

You can't go wrong with Carthusia's Numero Uno. Wonderful year round.

The Balle de Match and the Lubin L'eau Nueve seem very interesting, and then maybe Acqua di Parma Colonia or Assolute. Do I need to worry about eau de cologne or eau de toilette in the AdP?

If Scentemental has the Lubin at a good price, Im game for that.

I was thinking Hadrien by Goutal but some say short lived. Too bad that Tangerine by Calypso is feminine, that sounded promising as well.

Ok, I have decided not to worry about a summer scent, per se, but maybe a scent that will either round out or compliment my collection or maybe be all year round. Here is what I have and when I usually wear it

Lutens Chergui - worn in fall and winter
    Lutens Fumerie Turque - I wear it year round
    Tauer L'Air du Desert Morocain - wearing it now in Memphis, just got it like 2 months ago
    Creed Millisime Imperial - Spring to early fall

I am going to get the 1.7 ounce Acqua di Parma for summer wear, and it may not last as long as I'd like, but it gets generally good reviews.

I know Bois 1920 is on sale at parfum1 and that Beautyhabit has 25%. So, maybe of those listed at the top of this thread, any thoughts on what to get? THe Parfums Empires sound interesting, as does the Lubins Idole and also L'eau Nueve, as well as some of the Bois 1920 (maybe the classic or one of the heavier ones). I can throw Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac back into the mix.

Evogel is right, I have had a problem liking citrus, maybe moreso that if I am gonna pay $70 for some juice, I want to smell it after lunch. I dont know that MI or GIT is a citrus, but maybe because they have higher %'s of essential oils, they might tend to last longer.

L Eau de Neuve is nice for spring. Great spring garden scent. Very fresh.
    Iskandar is great for hot weather - dry grapefruit/coriander and musk. Similar to Live Jazz but with a lighter hand on the coriander.

Some others that are good for summer too are:

Eau de Rochas (pour) Homme - very green citrus wood. classic!
    Signoricci - dry wood and lemon citrus. also a classic!
    Aqua di Parma Intensa - I like the dryness of this one over the original - sort of crisp.

I have narrowed the list

L'Eau Neuve
    Balle de Match
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Acqua di Parma Assoluta

Id probably be inclined to go Assoluta over Colonia because they say it lasts longer and goes to a woodier base after the topnotes fade.

Just a tad worried about longevity on all of these and if someone can rank that, great. THe Tangerine Homme seems very, very intriquing, but Pugsley said it was feminine. If there is a cheap, cheap price on Hermes Orange Verte, I might try that.

I Profumo Firenze's Agrumi di Sicilia was recommended in a PM.

Thanks for helping me winnow these down.

Blog Entries

Carthusia Uomo is the best of the lot. AdP is a distant second.

Speaking of citrus and vetiver, have you considered giving Villoresi Uomo a try? It comes half way between citrus and vetiver to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Speaking of citrus and vetiver, have you considered giving Villoresi Uomo a try? It comes half way between citrus and vetiver to me.
    Vetiver and me don't mix, although I am opening to trying anything. Creed OV, soapy on me. Guerlain's Vetiver, Mando gave me a bottle years ago and it was like raw earth on me. The Vetiver Extraordinaire by either Malle or Lutens, it had chocolate to temper it.

I just bought the L'Eau from Scentemental because the reviews of it seem to be more positive than Balle de Match he had, and I can always get an Acqua di Parma at Sephora's now that we have them locally (and someone offered me some samples of the Colonia and the Assoluta!!)