Code of Conduct

Thread: Lipstick Lust

Default Lipstick Lust

I love densely colored, lush lipsticks. I am always on the lookout. Currently my favorites are:

1. RED: Chanel Fire
    2. WINE: MAC Viva Glam I
    3. LIGHT ROSY BROWN: MAC Mocha

I am currently looking for a wonderful
    4. PEACH
    5. Others?

What are your favorites in these categories? Other suggestions?

Default Re: Lipstick Lust

I have a fantastic peach coloured lipstick in my collection called "Peach Pop" from Clinique. I believe it's in the Colour Surge line. It's a corally-peach shade but very wearable and should go well with any number of complexions and colourings. I'm pale with dark brown--auburn hair and brown eyes, just for reference.

I'll have to check what brand is the one my girl uses, I'm too busy eating it off her lips

She only uses a soft pink and a deep red one.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I would check out some of the NARS lipsticks, especially ones with a semi-matte finish. I love Funny Face, which is a strong, bright fuschia.

I just got the new Red, She Said from Mac and I LOVE IT.
    a deep classic red, highly pigmented, wearable, and easily toned down with gloss if desired.

Therese, my favorite peach is also a Mac, but discontinued color, called Festivity

I also just got a Guerlain KISS KISS in Rose Entenant, which is a soft rosy brown - I like the moist feel of this one and the case is simply decadent.

Stocks are down, but one can splurge on a lipstick now and then, eh?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I just got the new Red, She Said from Mac and I LOVE IT.
    a deep classic red, highly pigmented, wearable, and easily toned down with gloss if desired.

Therese, my favorite peach is also a Mac, but discontinued color, called Festivity

I also just got a Guerlain KISS KISS in Rose Entenant, which is a soft rosy brown - I like the moist feel of this one and the case is simply decadent.

Stocks are down, but one can splurge on a lipstick now and then, eh?
    Yes, a new lipstick is a wonderful five-minute therapy, spa visit, affordable splurge in one tube.
    My current favorite: NARS Jungle Red, with Jungle Red lipliner! Wowie Zowie!

I particularly love my NARS Dolce Vita, a warm brown-rosy color, and my Chanel Copacabana, a cool plummy pink. You girls have me wanting some new ones! I haven't tried the Mac brand - are they wonderful?

I have full lips, and since "middle-age" I feel prettier in softer colors. I currently adore:

Benefit in "Born Ready" - semi-gloss, smooth natural rosey
    and
    Lancome in "Luxe" - metallic peachy (which I always gloss over)

Haunani: Would you believe it, I just bought Dolce Vita last week and am quite enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Haunani: Would you believe it, I just bought Dolce Vita last week and am quite enjoying it.
    Hi Therese. Great coincidence! I think it's a versatile and pretty neutral.

yesterday I wore Bobbi Brown Uber Pink lipstick (too light for my coloring on its own) and then lightly feathered and blended Chanel Rouge lip pencil over it to create a soft cherry red color that looked pretty natural
    Hubby complimented me on my "healthy glow" which is one of life's little pleasures.

I like to blend.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I also love densely colored, lush lipsticks, but also don't discriminate against sheer ones. My obsession with lipsticks and glosses is worst than my love for new fragrances. LOL I am always on the lookout.

Currently my favorites are:

1. RED: Vincent Longo's Cherry (sheer) and Nude (sheer)..... and Slopes (creamy) by Bobbi Brown.

2. WINE: Vincent Longo's Belle Etois (sheer)

3. LIGHT ROSY BROWN: too many to list, but maybe Vicent Longo's Eve Rose (sheer) and Chicka Mochita (sheer).... or Nars' Dolce Vita (creamy) and Pigalle (creamy)

4. I don't do PEACH. I have medium-tan olive skin and most peach lippies don't complement my complexion. From the looks of the product in the tube, I like Nars' Barbarella, Belle de Jour, Blonde Venus and Honolulu Honey. They are all peachy. Might work for light to medium skin tones.

5.Others? I like mauve and plum colored lippes, too. My current faves: Vincent Longo's Genasei (is supposed to be a sheer raspberry, but on me it's a sheer mauve,) Nars' Damage (sheer muted grape/plum,) Stila's Jo (sheer rich plum) and Natalie (sheer plum.)

My MLBB lippie is Sephora's Sexy Jungle 22 (cool toffee brown) which makes my lips look natural yet defined and lush.
    Last edited by Ruqayya33; 14th November 2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

Wow, Ruqayya, I have never tried Vincent Longo. I can see that adventures await!

Wow, Ruqayya, I have never tried Vincent Longo. I can see that adventures await!

I kinda stumbled onto them at Sephora's.... Don't ya love that place?!

Those great lipies I mentioned are named Lip STAINS but they are not what one might think of as a typical (cosmetic) staining product, like for example Benefit's Benetint or even Vincent Longo's Lip & Cheek Stain. Those products truly stain the skin for a long-lasting color. The Vincent Longo Lip Stains are simply SHEER lipsticks that impart a more translucent color. (Still, some of the darker shades like Belle Etoile are pigmented enough for evening.)
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

Another fan of Nars Dolce Vita here - great shade.

Speaking of stains, I have never found a colour more suited to me (I use it on lips - mixed with a little Vaseline - and cheeks) than Nars stain in Modesty. It looks very, very purple in the bottle but matches a natural flush 100%. I'm extremely pale, so any other palefaces may want to try it.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

My fave red would have to be Armani number 3. It goes on like satin and just lasts for hours and hours. As far as peach, didn't Nars come out with his signature Orgasm color and make a gloss or lipstick with it? That is an amazing shade that works so well many skin tones.

Oh I like this thread. I'm always looking for a medium red that is more blue than orange and that lasts like a lipstain! Am I asking for too much? Vincent Longo's Americana lip stain is lovely, but as mentioned in a previous post, it is not a real stain, and doesn't last very long on me. I have super pale skin, so the red can't be much deeper than a mid-range red.
    Suggestions?

Smile Re: Lipstick Lust

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    Oh I like this thread. I'm always looking for a medium red that is more blue than orange and that lasts like a lipstain! Am I asking for too much? Vincent Longo's Americana lip stain is lovely, but as mentioned in a previous post, it is not a real stain, and doesn't last very long on me. I have super pale skin, so the red can't be much deeper than a mid-range red.
    Suggestions?
    Hi Lizzie!

I think that currently Nars has one of the best selection of reds. They are matte and long lasting, but can certainly be topped with a bit of gloss for those who prefer. Chanel's reds tend not to be too dark as well.

Smile Re: Lipstick Lust

Hi Lizzie!

I think that currently Nars has one of the best selection of reds. They are matte and long lasting, but can certainly be topped with a bit of gloss for those who prefer. Chanel's reds tend not to be too dark as well.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'm off to my virtual Sephora store right now!

I used to have a great red brown lipstick by Prescriptives. The shade was called Burnt Sugar. It always made my lips look healthy and full, but not lipsticky. I keep telling myself to order the Three Custom Color version of the shade but then I go and buy more scents instead.

Also, Laura Mercier's "Just" series of lip sheers work very well for me, as they really do look so natural and so pretty. My favorite shades (they are probably discontinued as I type this post) are Secret Lips, Healthy Lips, and Just Lips.
    Last edited by Leesee; 1st January 2009 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Typos!