Code of Conduct

Default Anything smell like...

Just curious, two scents I have been thinking about that I think would be fun for the hot weather that is on the horizon would be strawberry starburst or the bubblegum that came with baseball cards. Obviously to get something exactly like this it would probably be from Demeter or CB I Hate Perfume but does anything make you think of either? The closest to bubblegum I can think of is Diesel Zero Plus and I can't think of anything that smells like strawberry starburst.

Default Re: Anything smell like...

Paco Rabanne Black XS smells like strawberry jam to some...

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Basenotes Institution

Black XS by Paco Rabanne - strawberry
    Rahat Loukoum by Serge Lutens - bubblegum...a very expensive bubble gum
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cedre. I'm not in the minority here, in the first hour or so I get a almost sickeningly sweet bubblegum smell, which then dries down beautifully. Prince Barry gave me a little bottle of this for free, fantastic

Acier Aluminium by Creed reminds me very much of a fruity bubble gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    It does remind me a little of Juicy Fruit gum.

I get a bubblegum type of smell from Prada Amber Homme. It smells like those bubblegum cigarettes I used to get in my Easter basket.

etat libre d'orange - ensence et bubblegum

etat libre d'orange - encens et bubblegum

FCUK Him. Fly spray + watered down D & G pour Homme initially, once it drys down and mixes with sweat I get bubble gum!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Very correct for me as well: Acier Aluminium and fruity bubble gum, one in the same

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Really? This has just rocketed up my 'to try' list

Black XS definitely has an 'artificial strawberry' accord to my nose. Think strawberry ice lolly [erm... popsicle?] rather than accurate replica. I reckon this is bang on the sort of thing you're after, yeah. It's a great hot weather scent.

I'm not sure I would agree with Cedre or Encens et Bubblegum though. Cedre is more floral/medicinal than sweet/candy at the outset [but don't get me wrong, it's a bloody fabulous fragrance], and EetB has a bit too much of that chalky/smoky incense accord for summer wear. It does have the bubblegum side of things pretty much wrapped up, though.

But hey, they're all worth trialling