Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Canadian Department & Drugstore Deals Of The Week

I tried it at Shoppers today.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

I blew all my Optimum points on Allure Sport last weekend. If only I waited a bit longer.

I think I need to avoid Shopper's now. If I try it I may want to buy it and right now I can't afford to spend $60 bucks for another bottle.
    Last edited by coffee&pizza; 31st March 2009 at 04:56 AM.

I did some department and drugstore browsing recently, here's the good, bad and ugly of it all :

Sears : Rive Gauche pour homme and Obsession Night Men are both discounted and placed in the menswear department. Both are $24.99 for the larger bottles.

Winners : I really wish they would have better stuff, but since I rarely go shopping, I may just be too late for the good stuff. Anyways, they had the usual Beckham releases for under $30. As well, Ungaro Apparition Homme was for under $20. The only thing that caught my attention was the heavily discounted Zirh Shaving kit, which I passed on. They also had Michael Kors for Men.

Superstore ( Loblaws) :
    The selection now just pales in comparison to last year at this time. I wanted Bulgari Black, but the 40 ml is now $44.99. Last year the 50ml was $34.99 regular price, as was Aqua and Burberry London ( now $64.99 for 50 ml). Weird and upsetting. Over half the selection is reduced and most of everything is behind the glass.

The SA there said the best time was to come at Christmas, so I'll have to try then. Unless they get more for Fathers Day.

Zellers: They had Red by Giogio ( good price, but can't remember the $), Ed Hardy Men, Sean John Unforgivable ( 30ml), Nautica Blue, Nautica Competition, Jovan Musk ( kinda pricey for a cheapie), Tim Macgraw ( yee-haw!), 15 ml CK's like One and Obsession for $16, Drakkar Noir and a few other cheapies. Since it is all pretty much under $30, it makes it more digestible.

So I bought a bottle of Ed Hardy Love and Luck for roughly 80$ tax incl at Pharmaprix. They gave me an Optimum card preloaded with 25$ worth of points, so I got that off of my bottle of Dirty English. Good way of getting a couple of free frags in a year if you shop there a lot.

And Rive Gauche is still 20$ at Wal-Mart.

BTW, any Montrealers see anything at Winners? All I see is a butt-load of Britney Spears and other cheapo frags.
    Last edited by stevo30; 21st May 2009 at 01:41 AM.

If you want to play the optimum game wait until the 20x points days and rake in the points. Redeem the points on bonus redemption days to maximize value.

Unfortunately they have been raising the minimum purchase lately so you need $75 before you qualify for the bonus points.

Good luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevo30 View Post
    So I bought a bottle of Ed Hardy Love and Luck for roughly 80$ tax incl at Pharmaprix. They gave me an Optimum card preloaded with 25$ worth of points, so I got that off of my bottle of Dirty English. Good way of getting a couple of free frags in a year if you shop there a lot.

And Rive Gauche is still 20$ at Wal-Mart.

BTW, any Montrealers see anything at Winners? All I see is a butt-load of Britney Spears and other cheapo frags.
    Rive Gauche at WalMart???? I must check that because the one in my area doesn't have it!

I've never found anything nice at Winners, unfortunately. I think TJ Maxx and TK Maxx do a better job than us :-(

I'm sure this is already well known but I got some great bargains on St Hubert street. There are a few perfume shops along that strip that carry some discontinued or more obsolete frags. I got a bottle of Grey Flannel for $15, for example. Minis available too!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Rive Gauche at WalMart???? I must check that because the one in my area doesn't have it!

I've never found anything nice at Winners, unfortunately. I think TJ Maxx and TK Maxx do a better job than us :-(

I'm sure this is already well known but I got some great bargains on St Hubert street. There are a few perfume shops along that strip that carry some discontinued or more obsolete frags. I got a bottle of Grey Flannel for $15, for example. Minis available too!
    Yeah Wal-Mart. I was very surprised as well. And good find on the Grey Flannel. I havent tried it yet, so if I can pick up a bottle for 15$ I will finally test it.

RL Polo EDT 59ml EDT + 59ml After Shave combo - 38.99 @ London Drugs

They also have Drakkar Noir & RL Polo Sport 40ml (which I think is quite nice) for 19.99 at both London Drugs and Shoppers.

Spotted at Winners :

Dunhill's of all kinds ( Desire, Pure, ....etc). Price is ~ $22.99
    Canali Men set ~ $59
    John Varvatos Set $ 59.99
    Zirh Ikon set $29.99

Sephora :

Shocked to find this, maybe I shouldn't be, but they have Lalique Encre Noire, Eau Sauvage, Dior Homme, Fahrenheit, Kenzo Power, Herrera Men and maybe I am missing something...but those caught my attention. The main Dept Stores don't even carry them. You have to pay full price, but at least you are not getting juice that may have "turned".

Winners :

Burberry Men Summer
    Gucci pour Homme 30 ml travel spray ( 26.99)
    Boss Selection

Zellers :

Giorgio : ReD ( 50 ml $19.99) and Beverly Hills ( 30ml $27.99). Not bad prices if they are your kinda frag.
    Last edited by Surfacing; 12th July 2009 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Sephora :

Shocked to find this, maybe I shouldn't be, but they have Lalique Encre Noire, Eau Sauvage, Dior Homme, Fahrenheit, Kenzo Power and maybe I am missing something...but those caught my attention. The main Dept Stores don't even carry them. You have to pay full price, but at least you are not getting juice that may have "turned".
    The Bay carries most of these too (at least here in Toronto).

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    The Bay carries most of these too (at least here in Toronto).
    That is the exception, rather than the norm. I believe only a handful of The Bay shops carry those, along with other brand names in other departments. They have the same thing with Clothing and other departments. I guess you can chalk it up to certain stores being treated as more upscale. Many cities (most, infact) will not have a Bay that carries Eau Sauvage and the rest mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    That is the exception, rather than the norm. I believe only a handful of The Bay shops carry those, along with other brand names in other departments. They have the same thing with Clothing and other departments. I guess you can chalk it up to certain stores being treated as more upscale. Many cities (most, infact) will not have a Bay that carries Eau Sauvage and the rest mentioned.
    Yeah, I was thinking I just tired Eau Sauvage at the Bay yesterday in Downtown GTA...

Quote Originally Posted by coldower27 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking I just tired Eau Sauvage at the Bay yesterday in Downtown GTA...

Where is Murder City exactly??

I bet I know!

Where is Murder City exactly??
    Ah c'mon. Stop pretending not to know

Quote Originally Posted by Sheglows! View Post
    I bet I know!

No idea. :-\

No idea. :-\
    Well, its a secret then.

And it is not the greatest place to be "into" fragrances either. Selection/shopping wise, I mean. I envy people in the Toronto area ( ditto for Montreal, I think they have a few niche shops there).

By the way, I saw Michael Jordan cologne at Winners today ( if anyone is interested )

Does Walmart or Superstore still carry Rive Gauche for $19? I've been looking, but I've been unable to locate it all, let alone at a cheap price.

If anyone knows of a specific Walmart in the Vancouver area that has it.. do tell!

Edit: Got it!! Thanks nsamadi
    Last edited by alacious; 5th August 2009 at 09:29 AM.

I feel your pain, Surfacing. Sometimes a trip across the line can help
    if you go far enough.

sooo guys anything new?

sooo guys anything new?
    Honestly, usually there are "some" specials at Jean-Coutu every week, ditto for a couple of pharmacies, but there hasnt been anything worthwhile in about 1-2 months.

Also havent seen anything new in dept stores around here lately.

Superstore had a $10 off coupon if you made a fragrance purchase over $39.99 in a flyer recently. I think from last week. They also had a bunch of fragrances listed at $19.99 to 39.99 on discount.

The booklet was small and white and was inside their normal larger flyer. Worth checking out at stores.

Walmart had the small bottles of Mustang and Mustang Blue for $12 and $17 respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    sooo guys anything new?
    Shoppers Drug Mart was having a special on Polo Blue (), the new FCUK () , and Bulgari Aqua. These are all mens of course.

Going past Winners as of late, they have bottles of Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Blue, Versace L'Homme, Romeo Gigli Uomo, Canali Summer Night ( very poor longevity on this one), Azzaro ONYX, and some other really hard to remember bottles. They always have a Beckham fragrance, I think it is usually called Night.

Not a whole lot at Winners this time of the year. What I really look for is that bottle for under $30 to wear for my work rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Superstore had a $10 off coupon if you made a fragrance purchase over $39.99 in a flyer recently. I think from last week. They also had a bunch of fragrances listed at $19.99 to 39.99 on discount.

The booklet was small and white and was inside their normal larger flyer. Worth checking out at stores.
    Cool, thanks for the info. Its been a while since I have been there. They have certainly cut back on selection Thats okay, because the last time they had alot of selection I bought I bottle I now regret ( ) . I will check it out this weekend and thank you for the info. We have no flyers in our area so I cannot tell when they have a sale or not.

As of a few weeks ago, I saw a bunch of 30-50ml frags like Cool Water, Polo Sport, etc for $20 at Shoppers. At least at the one on King just East of Spadina (Peter Street?)

Edit - today I went to my local Walmart, and they had 125ml Rive Gauche PH for $25. I think I'll get one!
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 23rd September 2009 at 04:52 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Winners has :

Aramis Tuscany Uomo ( size ?) $36.99
    Hugo Boss BOSS ( old yellow 80s bottle. looks to be 30 ml)
    Bulgari pour Homme gift set
    Geoffrey Beene (sp?) Grey Flannel ( small bottle)
    Gucci pour Homme 30ml travel bottle
    Gucci pour Homme II 50ml
    Carolina Herrera Aqua 50ml
    Burberry Men 30 and 50 ml
    Burberry Weekend 50 ml
    Burberry London Aftershave 100ml
    Hugo Boss X&Y 50ml
    Dunhill : Several of them ~ $18.99 -$22.99
    Ungaro Apparition Homme Intense 50 ml
    Escada Homme 30 ml $16.99
    Zirh Ikon 50 ml
    Michael Jordan ( not first one, but one of the more recent ones)
    Moschino Uomo 125 ml $36.99
    Romeo Gigli Uomo $26.99
    Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli

Which Winners? I might want to check out Gucci Pour Homme, do you recall the price?

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Which Winners? I might want to check out Gucci Pour Homme, do you recall the price?
    The one not in British Colombia , although ours always seems to have a couple of bottles around. Each Winners location seems to vary in my city for selection.

If I am not mistaken, I am sure that Gucci pour Homme 30ml travel spray is $26.99. I am pretty sure that is the price, nsamadi.

Hope you can track down a bottle