Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sick of Creed

Blog Entries

Default sick of Creed

they've got ugly bottles....the scents are waaaaaay overrated.....and the whole brand is just a big cliche....

it's the equivelant of someone buying a Benz and putting 20" chrome spinners on it.....LAME!

but most of all....i'm sick and bloody tired of READING about Creed!!!!

*mental ignore button for that word: ON*

now where were we....

Default Re: sick of Creed

Blasphemy.....Blasphemy I say!
    Last edited by Maz24; 22nd May 2008 at 04:51 AM.

Why did *YOU* start another Creed thread ...just to say you're sick of Creed?

btw, there's no escape from Creed... all your base belong to us (Creed)

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Maybe Creed is sick of you.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Maybe Creed is sick of you.
    Touché!

wtf a benz with 20inch spinners

whats not to like

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    wtf a benz with 20inch spinners

whats not to like
    I'll take a benz with 20s anyday!
    Last edited by Maz24; 22nd May 2008 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    they've got ugly bottles....the scents are waaaaaay overrated.....and the whole brand is just a big cliche....

it's the equivelant of someone buying a Benz and putting 20" chrome spinners on it.....LAME!

now where were we....
    So don't wear them.

If you're sick of the threads, don't open them.

Why is this so hard for people to grasp? Were you bludgeoned in the head as a small child or something?

I find the bottles simple and classy.

I also feel that the term "overrated" doesn't really apply to something so subjective. Overrated really means "so many people like this fragrance and I don't".

That is lame! But not a great anaology.

now where were we....
    As Aaron01 said, don't open them.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I think they have majestic bottles...cant Ignore bottles of SMW, MI, VIW, Santal imperial, Himalaya, GIT and others too...as for the juice, there are times when nothing else comes close.

now where were we....
    I second everything you say. With the exception of Green Irish Tweed. GIT is a wonderful scent, the rest is overrated, overpriced and dispensable. And you can believe me, I've tried them all.

But as always. It's a matter of personal opinion and taste!

Cool Re: sick of Creed

M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7
    M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom Ford Tom M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7 M7

---------------------------------------------All Work And No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy--------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------ALL WORK AND NO PLAY------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------MAKES JACK---------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------A DULL----------------------------------------------------

Now, what was that about being sick of overhyped, repetetive and boring threads?

REDRUM,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I don't know but to both my (ex)girlfriend and I, Creed's MI was worth the discounted price of $13 an ounce.

I only like a few Creeds myself My fave being Himalaya. To me it's an all year frag that is so fresh. A lot of people get some sort of woodiness out it, but I find it just fresh and soapy. MI is also great - but nothing original. SMW is awesome and I want to get a 1oz bottle just to run a trial. I find GIT to be decent, but nothing worth the price. BdP is spicey and elegant - yet it's not that great and many similar scents beat it out. I don't hate Creeds - I just find a couple worth while when the rest are relatively over-rated. Bottom line, go with what you like. Perfect example is Dior Homme, I adore it. But it's just not a cologne to wear to be noticed and seems very old fashioned to me. Also, M7 on here. It's loved, but I find it way to pungent and in your face. M7 Fresh is awesome though, but isn't really enjoyed by people other than myself.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Wow, another thread in which to profess my love for Creed! I just can't help it... I want to buy fragrances from other houses but every time I smell a new Creed I just have to have it!

Thanks for making this thread possible!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

It's always nice to have a negative Creed thread, every once in a while, just to balance things out.

Order has now been restored to the Basenotes universe...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Creed is thinking of yet another fragrance, this one to honor their greatest salespersons:

Silver Mouthing Whiner

Top notes

Sour Grapes

Middle Notes

Sour Grapes

Base Notes

Sour Grapes

Last edited by kbe; 22nd May 2008 at 10:55 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hate is actually a very powerful emotion, I save it for more important things...

No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I don't know but to both my (ex)girlfriend and I, Creed's MI was worth the discounted price of $13 an ounce.
    Where did you get MI for $13 per ounce??

I'm inclined to agree with the original poster to be honest. I do think they're over-rated and I don't particularly like their bottles either.

I don't hate Creed as such, I'm just indifferent to the brand.

now where were we....
    As my posting signature says, "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane" and there are few things in this world which are more a matter of opinion then fragrance preference. So if someone likes Creed, more power too them.

I will admit that I've yet to find a Creed fragrance which has been able to make the cut in my fragrance wardrobe, even disregarding price. I'll also admit that the obsessive Creed boosters on Basenotes are very tiresome.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

delete
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 22nd May 2008 at 02:50 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Creed is thinking of yet another fragrance, this one to honor their greatest salespersons:

Silver Mouthing Whiner

Top notes

Sour Grapes

Middle Notes

Sour Grapes

Base Notes

Sour Grapes

That's pretty damned funny!

I must say that whereas I used to find Creeds somewhat underwhelming, over time I find that I'm wearing them more and more and everything else less and less. To me GIT and SMW are flawless 5 star masterpieces, which can be worn every day without getting sick of them. They've got many dimensions, and are good from start to finish. Meanwhile many other creeds are near masterpieces.

Contrast these to my other favourites - Lutens and Montales - While these may be more impressive, more interesting, more thought provoking and more artistic than Creeds, the drydowns are usually weaker than the head and body, and the evolution, while perhaps more spectacular, is never as satisfying as the evolution of a creed. There is always a flaw in most of these fragrances so that no matter how much I love them, they're half a notch away from perfect.

For example Cuir Mauresque which is a stunning leather cinnamon orange three dimensional beauty - it dries into orange cinnamon powder, which is too damned dry. It needs alot of humidity to give it life. I have a gripe like that about almost all of my favourites, but not about my favourite Creeds.

Creeds usually have their own life, probably thanks to that ambergris/musk and addictive sandalwood chord that everyone is sick of, but which I adore.

Even a relatively boring and rather linear creed like Royal Water has a lovely evolution into something that is just a glowing aura of pleasantness. Some are better than others, but the best ones tend to be the overall best fragrances I've tried over the long haul.

And Creed 75ml bottles are my favourite of any house really.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 22nd May 2008 at 02:49 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Blog Entries

I really love how people think opposing viewpoints shouldn't be posted on a public forum - by definition a place where people meet and discuss. Just because you don't like people who post their dislike of something doesn't mean you need to post a reply.

On topic, Creed - meh. I like the concept of what they're trying to do, but my nose hasn't been impressed, except with one of their frags. But, in my limited experience, that seems typical of many houses. There may be one or two scents I like from a house, but not everything. Even though I have found one house that has a number of frags I like. But that seems to be an exception.

Bottles schmottles. Who cares?
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I love the classy packaging, but I find the fragrances, with a few exceptions, to be rather sexless and stuffy. I do think their rose fragrances are spectacular. That said, Creed could benefit by putting a little bit of dirt in their juices. And hiring a real nose, wouldn't be a such bad idea either.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 22nd May 2008 at 02:49 PM.

I'm sick of people buying old stock (or fake) Creeds from the internet and start complaining about Creed.
    Safe some money and buy the real stuff for a change and maybe then I'll start listening.

It's like buying an expired bottle of milk and start complaining afterwards that the milk tastes bad.
    Last edited by eric; 22nd May 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    I really love how people think opposing viewpoints shouldn't be posted on a public forum - by definition a place where people meet and discuss. Just because you don't like people who post their dislike of something doesn't mean you need to post a reply.
    You took the words right out of my keyboard.

Default sick of these posts

This thread is ugly and overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post

---------------------------------------------All Work And No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy--------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------ALL WORK AND NO PLAY------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------MAKES JACK---------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------A DULL----------------------------------------------------

Mario
    That hurts my feelings I do all play and No work

Everso is just expressing his views, but then again, there's also leading with the chin
    Last edited by silverbullet; 22nd May 2008 at 04:30 PM.

I dont get strong feelings about this topic. You like what you like and if you hate it, fine, I can still like it. Besides, I don't think you and I will meet anytime soon and so that way, you don't have to smell me.

Having found Lutens, and Villoresi, I do find that those scents are more thought provoking. Chergui makes me wistful in winter, wheareas GIT is just plain nice.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

I'm sick of all the people who are sick about things! If I had half a mind, I'd start a post about it.

Actually, I'm sick of Creed too - it's takes away bandwidth that could be better used talking about Kouros.

I do have to chuckle at the people desperate to find cheap Creed - I guess they think that's the only frag that will make them attractive to the ladies. Me? I use a mixture of whiskey and hand sanitizer. That and $200 works every time with the "ladies" on 9th Street.

Blog Entries

I use a mixture of whiskey and hand sanitizer. That and $200 works every time with the "ladies" on 9th Street.
    There's my problem. I've been forgetting the hand sanitizer. I would've thought that would keep them at bay.
    Brent

dpak wins the thread!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Just because you don't like people who post their dislike of something doesn't mean you need to post a reply.
    But just because you don't like people who reply to people you don't like who post their dislike of something doesn't mean you need to post a reply . . . .

But, wait! Just because you don't like people who reply to people who reply to people you don't like who post their dislike of something doesn't mean you need to post a reply . . . .

But, wait! Just because you don't like people who reply to people who reply to people who reply to people you don't like who post their dislike of something doesn't mean you need to post a reply . . . .

Oh, dear, I've gone all cross-eyed.

Imagine if we all followed this advice. Basenotes would have absolutely no bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    Where did you get MI for $13 per ounce??
    On ebay a while back. Creeddirect (aka Bond No. 9) was getting rid of their stock, a 16 oz, jug cost $200. I decided to pick up GIT, MI, and Spring Flowers (girlfriend). I don't think you will be finding deals like that anymore (ever) unfortunately.

Blog Entries

BAH!

you can defend it all you want. Creed STILL SUCKS! lol.

I use to wear Creed, but not so much anymore... I agree that the talk can get excessive though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 55karl View Post
    I use to wear Creed, but not so much anymore... I agree that the talk can get excessive though
    yep....whenever i see the name in a thread, i just tune out!

except this thread....which i am quite tuned in to....not quite sure why though...guess i just needed a laugh

except this thread....which i am quite tuned in to....not quite sure why though...guess i just needed a laugh [/QUOTE]

Haha, hey, if we can't give honest opinions here, then what's the point!? Your entitled.

Don't know much about this brand... My brother use to wear this like crazy. He stopped when he would travel on business and find the brand discounted in fragrance shops and online.

Creed are the Manchester United of the fragrance industry.
    -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Creed are the Manchester United of the fragrance industry.
    Yes, they're both missing the "Beckham element" - something that makes you go "Mmmm. Nice!"

P.S. - Congrats to MU.
    Brent

Tough luck.

We all have our hardships to bear.

Mine are the "Which women's scents will I enjoy today" threads.

I had my bash against them several years ago, and it's good to see you having your say on Creed threads.

Just be thankful that because of Basenote rules we can't go as deeply into Creeds as we would like, namely which is the better Creed, the Nicene, the Apostle's or the Athanasian.
    Renato

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Now I hear Oliver is thinking of introducing a scantily scented line of swimming wear: Creedo
    Last edited by kbe; 23rd May 2008 at 12:49 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Now I hear Oliver is thinking of introducing a scantily scented line of swimming wear: Creedo
    That's a Star Wars character who got shot by San Holo.

Blog Entries

Heck, i thought Creedo Baggins was a character in The Hobbit. Guess I was wrong. So, I'll look forward to breaking in my new pair of Creedos (the wool onesies, naturally) in a pool of Like A Virgin Island Water.
    Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post

Mine are the "Which women's scents will I enjoy today" threads.
    I hate threads like "Which scent would celebrity XYZ wear?" or "What does Turin recommend?" or "Kouros is king" or "Where do I buy Creed at discount prices?" or "Don't buy stuff off of ebay" or "Stupid S.A. remark" or "Which scent is better?" or...

now where were we....
    This always cracks me up - going on a perfume board, pick a popular brand and trashing it and then watching the ensuing fight.

Creed is fine if you like it, not fine if you don't. 'nuff said!
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    I hate threads like "Which scent would celebrity XYZ wear?" or "What does Turin recommend?" or "Kouros is king" or "Where do I buy Creed at discount prices?" or "Don't buy stuff off of ebay" or "Stupid S.A. remark" or "Which scent is better?" or...
    Good points.
    "Which scent would celebrity XYZ wear?" - I must admit that I don't really get these questions either, unless it has something to do with boredom or too much time on one's hands.

"What does Turin recommend?" - He gave Sécrétions Magnifiques 5 stars. He has no credibility.

"Kouros is king" - Really dumb statement. Everyone knows, even if they deny it, that GIT holds that honour

"Where do I buy Creed at discount prices?" - seems like a reasonable nube question. Probably no one knows the answer at the Starting Out board.

"Don't buy stuff off of ebay" - gross over generalisation. It should read "Don't buy stuff off Ebay, where a tiny amount of negative feedback says that the items are fakes"

"Stupid S.A. remark" - these I often like, though I've had many intelligent remarks from them, and have been remiss in not posting them.

"Which scent is better?" - When they say better for this occasion or that usage, or which do you like better, then these are reasonable questions. Otherwise, it's a question where the answer doesn't really matter.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 23rd May 2008 at 06:58 PM.

OK, yeah, this started out as a stupid thread. It does strike me as odd though, that Creed has such intense fans and detractors. It seems really clear to me that they are one of the great houses, but that they are not perhaps currently as exciting as some newer up-and-comers. I don't see any reason to bash them though. There's nothing wrong with riding on your past glories, when a few of those past glories are still pretty damn good.

Blog Entries

f*ck creed.

ahhh...nothing like that for a pre-evening pick-me-up!

hey everybody!

Well, that's pretty easy to remedy - just stop reading.

I'm tired of even having to look at the thread titles. They dirty the board like splatters of bird crap on my windshield. Is there some kind of ~cycline or ointment for this Creed infection?
    Last edited by MadScientist; 24th May 2008 at 02:24 AM.

"What does Turin recommend?" - He gave Sécrétions Magnifiques 5 stars. He has no credibility.
    I feel as if I need to ask, but does one mistake make someone not qualified to ever again be a critic?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I feel as if I need to ask, but does one mistake make someone not qualified to ever again be a critic?
    Let's see, he gives that abysmal scent 5 stars, and apparently only reviews two Creeds.

What kind of critic is this? Kind of like a film critic writing a book on great films and ignoring Orson Wells or Steven Spielberg, while giving five stars to "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

Renato

Blog Entries

Let's see, he gives that abysmal scent 5 stars, and apparently only reviews two Creeds.

What kind of critic is this? Kind of like a film critic writing a book on great films and ignoring Orson Wells or Steven Spielberg, while giving five stars to "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

Renato
    obviously Turin doesn't give a crap about Creed either! good for him!

Kind of like a film critic writing a book on great films and ignoring Orson Wells or Steven Spielberg, while giving five stars to "Plan 9 From Outer Space".
    Only if one assumes that Creed == Welles. That would appear to be the entire subject of this debate. Petitio Principii.

The thing I find interesting on these threads is how those that don't like Creed will go out of their way to be purposely contentious. In something as subjective as fragrance, it is actually kind of bizarre behvior to me.

Comments like "f*ck Creed" serve absolutely no purpose other than to say...what, "I'm so rebellious", I'm not sure what the purpose is. Even if you a every one of Creed's 55 fragrances are truly distasteful to a person, it still is no reflection on Creed, it's everything to do with that person's own taste and OPINION.

There are several well regarded houses that many respected people here love that I have yet to find one of their fragrances I like, but I would never be arrogant enough to say the the house sucks!
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 24th May 2008 at 03:33 AM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Someone show me documentation, other that what is said on "official websites", that Creed has been around as long as it claims to be. Like a deed to real estate in London from the 1700's or something.

I'm not a Creed hater (I'm wearing Neroli Sauvage right now and I own Original Santal), but most of the house's hype is based on the prestige of its clients.

Before the Internet, has Creed ever been discussed in books or other such tangible media?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    The thing I find interesting on these threads is how those that don't like Creed will go out of their way to be purposely contentious. In something as subjective as fragrance, it is actually kind of bizarre behvior to me.

Comments like "f*ck Creed" serve absolutely no purpose other than to say...what, "I'm so rebellious", I'm not sure what the purpose is. Even if you a every one of Creed's 55 fragrances are truly distasteful to a person, it still is no reflection on Creed, it's everything to do with that person's own taste and OPINION.

There are several well regarded houses that many respected people here love that I have yet to find one of their fragrances I like, but I would never be arrogant enough to say the the house sucks!
    Hear hear!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post

meh! lighten up ya old bag.