Code of Conduct

Default unforgivable black

i stopped by sephora today and saw the enw sean john unforgivable black. i got a tester little tube and its AWESOME!! similar to the original only with an added note that smells like fresh coconut/pina colada. my mom who usually hates all my cologne choices ( silver mountain water, terre d'hermes, mugler cologne etc. ) loved it. and i put some more on when i went out and this girl i was out with kept smelling me all night

Blog Entries

Default Re: unforgivable black

Nice! That's what I got as well. Coconut rum and I usually HATE rum notes on anything. The citrus is relatively the same, but it's got a bit more oomph to it. It's impressive. I didn't like the original or Multi-Platinum at all, but this one, I'll definitely keep sampling it after this vial's done.

yeah man, im thinking of even getting a bottle. i got a few compliments and its been a while since a cologne got me good ones. i was also sititng on a bus going somewhere and a girl next to me said to her friends "i smell someones cologne. wow it smells reallllyyyy good" yeah that coconut/rum note really works well with the other notes. im impressed

i have it as well. it's very impressive. the boozy feel makes it seem a lot more sophisticated than the original. overall i think it's better than creed MI because it's cheaper and still seems like an expensive frag! recommended for all if you can get over the fact it's from p diddy.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

yeah, Regis. this fragrance is freaking awesome. How is the lasting power of it?

I got it, I like it, I'm wondering why it was discontinued.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that Sean John fragrances are no more - their website is completely gone. If they are even thinking of reorganizing and reemerging, I would strongly advise waiting for an actual economic recovery.

Looking back at things, I'm betting that they took a huge bath on I Am King, which was a pretty hairy investment with little or no return. Unforgivable was a really amazing fragrance, and it caught on as a kind of breakout category (extremely good MI clone in the mainstream). But IAK - as I see it now - was a VIW-inspired fragrance that (1) deviated too far from that inspiration, (2) had all the great stuff in the topnotes, as Burr pointed out, and (3) had ambitions of unseating AdG - just ridiculous as a marketing objective, even if they were just pacifying SJ. I really think they should have pointed it more at invading the Tommy Bahama space, a smaller but more certain objective that it might have actually pulled off.

I love plain Unforgivable - definitely now is the time to stock up on anything Sean John - they are gonna be impossible to find after a while.

Feedback on the first ebay link. Unless you know exactly how Black should smell like/have a sample to compare, I'd pass.

"BEWARE VERY BELIEVABLE FAKE KNOCKOFFS. REPORTING BUYER FOR ILLEGAL COUNTERFEITS Buyer:
    n***r ( 1356Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
    Dec-30-13 21:56 Feedback conversation

Reply by beauty-maxima (Jan-13-14 11:30):
    All Products are guaranteed Authentic...Or Your Money Back....Buyer is very rude

Unforgivable Black Cologne by Sean John 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray TESTER RARE (#131042996740)"

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Feedback on the first ebay link. Unless you know exactly how Black should smell like/have a sample to compare, I'd pass.

"BEWARE VERY BELIEVABLE FAKE KNOCKOFFS. REPORTING BUYER FOR ILLEGAL COUNTERFEITS Buyer:
    n***r ( 1356Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
    Dec-30-13 21:56 Feedback conversation

Reply by beauty-maxima (Jan-13-14 11:30):
    All Products are guaranteed Authentic...Or Your Money Back....Buyer is very rude

Unforgivable Black Cologne by Sean John 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray TESTER RARE (#131042996740)"

Nice catch!

Which Tommy Bahama is this supposed to be close to?
    Last edited by Andrew_B.; 16th April 2014 at 07:28 PM.

You folks made me nervous, so I bought another bottle.

As usual, the bottle is a tester instead of the one pictured. I got if from a vendor on Rakuten. Looks like the price went up $20 since I got mine.