Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Another "Just Got Back From London" thread... (but better!)

Thank you for this report, Dimitri. It's very fun to read! You've covered a lot of scented ground in one day. :-)

I went to Liberty today and the SA at Le Labo was very friendly. He invited me to try anything I like and commented on some of the scents also. Unfortunately at this point his friends came to visit and he started talking to them for quite a while and I had to leave, so I didn't get to ask him any questions. I didn't see this thread till just now but it seems that your feedback and complaint have caused their attention and done wonders. A huge THANK YOU! Good job.

I've also got a watchful and poker-faced female SA at Liberty's own fragrance hall. It could be the same person because I was there 5-ish as well. When I approched her wondering if they have any samples that I can try, scent development, body chemistry, the lot, she said she's afraid they don't have any and I can smell it on the card. Maybe I'm expecting too much? I wasn't sure if there's a 'no samples' policy at department stores here.

I hope your'll have more amazing experience visiting london next time and good luck on the Oud Wood hunting (love most of that line as well. If only they weren't so exclusive or expensive...).

Hi filippa89,

I'm pleased to hear your experience with the male Le Labo rep was nothing like mine, although I do feel perhaps he could have done away with his friends whilst serving you.

I received a lengthy exposition from Le Labo in response to my complaint. They maintain that anyone can have a bad day, however the complaint will not go without consequences. (Apparently one of the company's founders will be visiting the Liberty's installation next week to ensure the customer experience is what they expect of their staff). Whatever the case, in the interests of bettering customer relations, all grievances ought to be heard and taken seriously.

Based on your description, I dare say the woman you saw in Fine Fragrances is the same pacing lioness we experienced. She was not a charmer by any stretch of the imagination... but perhaps on the day you visited, she too, was having (another) bad day.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    There are apparently 2 or 3 scents with a world-wide waiting list. Oud Wood and one other which I cant recall now, are those that are completely out of stock in both the 50ml and 250ml sizes.
    How daft can that be??!
    I just checked Neiman Marcus' website and the Oud Wood by Tom Ford (in the 1.7 ounce bottle) is back in stock. Just in time for Fathers Day, I guess.

Link here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...d=prod61100012
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 5th June 2008 at 09:41 PM.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel

Talking Re: Another "Just Got Back From London" thread... (but better!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    On to Harrods! The layout of this store was overwhelming, and pretty much as we had expected - lavish and inviting. The ground floor "apothecary-inspired" beauty hall was nice - stocking Floris, Trumpers, Penhaligon's, Diptyque as well as many mainstream brands. I sampled the fabulous Prada exclusives and fell in love with the Myrrh edp, but not the 140-pound price tag they were asking for a 30ml bottle.
    Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster, I think. Can you please talk a little more about the Prada exclusives? They sound (and look) so beautiful, and I'm especially interested in the Narciso, Myrrh, Iris, Violette, and Oeillet. Anything you can offer would be great, thanks! Sounds like a fantastic trip.

great story dimitry.....any real basenoter loves to hear about excursions into the outdoor world of perfume tasting and shoping.

P.S great taste you have with the classics of VE and MR.....and i must agree that Oud Wood is by far my favorite of all the TF private blends...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Loved reading about your experiences... nice!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Great read, quite enjoyed it. Just one question: What prompted you to buy Gianfranco Ferre: Bergamotto Marino ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Great read, quite enjoyed it. Just one question: What prompted you to buy Gianfranco Ferre: Bergamotto Marino ?
    Generally, I am a fan of citrus Eau de Colognes. (My faves include, EdOV, Eau de Campagne, Eau Parfumée au Thé Verte Extreme, Mugler Cologne etc).
    The Bergamotto Marino was for sale at an exceptionally good price and filled a gap amongst my other EDCs, offering something with a slight floral twist. My wife was also looking for an EDC for summer everyday use, so the purchase killed two birds with one stone.

Notes: 25% Calabrian marine bergamot, black currant, melon, lily of the valley, Tunisian orange blossom, Egyptian jasmine, mahogany, oakmoss, seaweed, ambergris and musk.

Are you familiar with this one zztopp?