Code of Conduct

Exclamation Il Fragrance Delecto - The Scented Mask of Kilian Hennessy

Il Fragrance Delecto - The Scented Mask of Kilian Hennessy

Not unlike his family namesake, Killian Hennessy is Cognac-smooth in temperament and possesses a noble air of composed authority. His roots in the fragrance industry were harvested through years of associations with illustrious perfumers such as: Alberto Morillas, Jacques Cavallier and his partners-in-olfactory-crime, Calice Asancheyev-Becker and Sidonie Lancesseur. He has also formulated creations with venerable perfume houses such as the towerful Christian Dior, the creative turrets of Giorgio Armani and darkened cellars of Alexander McQueen (think Kingdom)!.

More...

Default Re: Il Fragrance Delecto - The Scented Mask of Kilian Hennessy

Do you think Marian Bendeth could have used more exclamation points in quoting Killian?
    Last edited by runstile; 24th May 2008 at 04:56 AM.

As far as I know, the interview took place via email, and the '!!!'s are Kilian's own. It was my decision to leave his quotes untouched, so shoot me

Well, I guess it's Killian then. I thought the questions were great though, no offense to Marian if she was just honestly reporting; the article revealed an interesting motive and drive for Killian's fragrances.
    Last edited by runstile; 23rd May 2008 at 05:33 PM.

"Many have called Hennessy’s countenance “Byronic”. After meeting him in person I could understand the analogy but I have another take. Listening to his rapid-fire replies in a soft French dialect to my questions, Hennessy’s subtle uber-confidence is quickly apparent He sometimes pauses, steeped in thought, his elongated steepled fingertips and brooding dark eyes reveal a hero/anti-hero who has jumped off the pages of a Guy de Maupassant erotic novel. The lover/villain now resides in a modern-day Parisian pied-à-terre, but still embodies the French/Gallic genetics of early Nineteenth century clandestine escapades. One could actually imagine Hennessy darting into narrow cobbled alleyways for a rendez-vous with a subculture of Absinthe and Rum which are found in his scents. Make no mistake, his intensity and passion is no marketing ploy, his sincerity for the creation of perfumery is sacrosanct."

Boy, this makes the PR schtick about master perfumer Olivier Creed read like Nobel prize literature. Someone please push the deflate button!!!!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Plus

I really enjoyed the article and reading what was written, I can honestly say, it is a fair & accurate representation of how Kilian speaks. He is joyfully enthusiastic & a pleasure to talk with.
    Last edited by RHM; 26th May 2008 at 02:06 AM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thumbs up Re: Il Fragrance Delecto - The Scented Mask of Kilian Hennessy

There can be no mistaking that Kilian Hennessy definitely is a maverick (who else would post his formulas on his website) and his inaugral collection in the USA is creating a lot of buzz. As someone who knows Kilian (and has also interviewed him), he is INTENSE! PASSIONATE! AND LOVES USING !!!!!!!!!!

As much as he cultivates his image as an aesthete, intellectual--- he is extremely organized, detail oriented and leaves nothing to chance.

Marian Bendeth, asked insightful question; no softballs from Ms. Bendeth. As far as Bendeth's romantic prose, it reflected the mythos of Kilian, created by Kilian, who as an independant must market himself (without a multi million dollar budget) as well as his fragrances. L'ouvre noire in its entirety is well above average imho. Love, Beyond Love (masterful tuberose) and Liaisons Dangerouses are particularly noteworthy and his choice of Calice Becker was shrewd.

Kudos to Ms. Bendeth for an atypical interview.
    Last edited by memechose; 1st June 2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typos