Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Jaipur Homme Fraicheur

Does anyone own or has anyone tried Jaipur Homme Fraicheur? If so, I was just wondering what your thoughts/comments were on it.

I know this fragrance was released a few years ago. I saw this in Nordstoms recently, but they did not have a tester. I like Jaipur, so was just wondering how this "fresh" take on it was.

Thanks.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 23rd May 2008 at 04:17 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Jaipur Homme Fraicheur

Curiously, there is also a bottle that says "Jaipur Homme Fresh Eau De Toilette BOUCHERON" (and nothing else on the front).
    There are some reviews for this 'Fresh' version, as you may have already figured out. But that means there must be at least 3 versions of this bottle.

Does anyone own this? If so, what are your impressions?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Jaipur Homme Fraicheur

I have Jaipur EDP and EDT as well as the Fraicheur. The Fraicheur is a flanker that is a little less sweet and amps up the spice a bit. My favorite is still the EDP.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I have Jaipur EDP and EDT as well as the Fraicheur. The Fraicheur is a flanker that is a little less sweet and amps up the spice a bit. My favorite is still the EDP.
    Which version of the Fraicheur do you have? I've heard there are several different versions...

I actually just packed up my Jaipur Homme Fraicheur to ship. I bought it looking at the reviews but it comes out spicy with none of the vanilla of the original to balance it out. I prefer the original one even though it is a little heavier. Both are very sophisticated and very classy, more suitable for 25+.

JaÔpur Homme is an excellent oriental, rich with a syrupy vanilla, heliotrope, tonka bean layering that gives it a certain viscousness that’s rounded out and balanced very nicely with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. I find the EDT is inferior to the EDP as it always starts of in such a strident, thin, discordant and sharply unpleasant manner. The EDP is smoother and settles a lot quicker into the characteristic *Jaipur* basenote accord. The Jaipur Homme Fraicheur version is very versatile and can easily be worn casually and even dressed up. It’s closer to the EDP version in smoothness and is basically the EDP formulation with the strength and the tonality turned down a couple of notches.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 4th June 2009 at 03:21 AM.

Can you wear the EdP (original Japiur) in the summer or is it too heavy for the hot months?

Not if you're gonna be playing a lot of frisbee or working out, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Can you wear the EdP (original Japiur) in the summer or is it too heavy for the hot months?
    Don't even think about it..

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Don't even think about it..
    Thanks. . .would the EdT work for the summer, or stay with the fraicheur for those months only?

Strange they'd add more spice to a 'fraicheur', its been done before but I don't understand the added spice for freshness ideaology, just my tastes I suppose. I'd be interested in an aquaticy flanker of Jaipur,

Living in a hot climate I thought this would be better than the actual EDP (never tried the EDP). I once sprayed on Jaipur Homme Fraicheur... wasn't very fresh... slightly cloying.
    Last edited by mlt.perfume; 4th June 2009 at 06:35 PM.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

JaÔpur Homme is an excellent oriental, rich with a syrupy vanilla, heliotrope, tonka bean layering that gives it a certain viscousness thatís rounded out and balanced very nicely with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. I find the EDT is inferior to the EDP as it always starts of in such a strident, thin, discordant and sharply unpleasant manner. The EDP is smoother and settles a lot quicker into the characteristic *Jaipur* basenote accord. The Jaipur Homme Fraicheur version is very versatile and can easily be worn casually and even dressed up. Itís closer to the EDP version in smoothness and is basically the EDP formulation with the strength and the tonality turned down a couple of notches.

scentemental

Very well written! Enjoyed your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Strange they'd add more spice to a 'fraicheur', its been done before but I don't understand the added spice for freshness ideaology, just my tastes I suppose. I'd be interested in an aquaticy flanker of Jaipur,
    It's sounds weird, but the extra spices somehow make it fresh in it's own unique way. When I tested it, it had an almost minty or menthol quality to it. Not that the scent has mint or menthol in it, it just gave a slight impression of it... It is fresher and lighter compared to the EdT & EdP, though I still wouldn't wear it in the summer...

There are two Fraicheur editions:First came out Fraicheur Epicee (spicy)
    http://www.parfyym.pri.ee/?op=body&i...id=5580&cgid=0
    and then Fraicheur Boise (woody)
    http://www.parfyym.pri.ee/?op=body&i...id=6486&cgid=0.
    I own the former but I have never sampled the latter.Fraicheur Epicee is a slight variation of the original EDT, that is indeed fresh and lighter and inevitably not so long lasting.It is MUCH more wearable if compared to the EDT and ,for sure,suitable even for the hotter summer...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256