Code of Conduct

Default A new Creed comparison

Well, this is premature I'm sure, but it's my first time smelling Creed's GIT, and I can't help but think that the top notes are remarkably similar to Le Roy Soleil, minus some bitter orange.

Perhaps I am just sensitive to the particular chemical used to utilize that opening fresh note, but I notice it strongly in GIT, Le Roy, and also Joop! Nightflight (although this one has the most unique opening of the bunch.)

So, am I crazy, or are GIT and Le Roy similar (in the opening at least?)

I'll add more thoughts as this dries down.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: A new Creed comparison

Cool Water is remarkably similar to GIT.

It's been years since I've smelled Cool Water. I kept passing it up after I found Basenotes as I thought that it was just too common to be worth sniffing. The next time I get a chance though, I'll spray some of that on.

I can't comment with any certainty regarding the dry down of GIT and Le Roy as I went a bit nuts and also sampled L'Air, Live Jazz, and Timbuktu. Just a dab of each to get a feel for them, trying to decide what to wear fully tomorrow.

From what I could smell though, I'd say they are remarkably similar, with Le Roy having more depth and interest in the base with the slight bitterness offered by the Cedar and Tobacco.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Well, this is premature I'm sure, but it's my first time smelling Creed's GIT, and I can't help but think that the top notes are remarkably similar to Le Roy Soleil, minus some bitter orange.

Perhaps I am just sensitive to the particular chemical used to utilize that opening fresh note, but I notice it strongly in GIT, Le Roy, and also Joop! Nightflight (although this one has the most unique opening of the bunch.)

So, am I crazy, or are GIT and Le Roy similar (in the opening at least?)

I'll add more thoughts as this dries down.
    If you're crazy, then I'm crazy. The top notes are fairly similar. Well picked.

Though the drydown differs. I tend to use GIT in cooler weather and Le Roy in warmer weather.
    Renato

Sometime next week I'll wear both of them side by side and give a more accurate reporting.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I will agree with that, and second the Cool Water ~ GIT. I think the Gide indicated the same Nose did both so this would not surprise.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Yea Cool Water is the synthetic smelling version of GIT. Cool Water fails though 2hours later when there is nothing to smell. The Dry downs are very differant as I recieve compliments from wearing GIT and the "Boo you smell bad" from Cool Water. Good Call on Nightflight though would have never thunk it
    Bois Farine up for Sale! Up for bargaining.