Code of Conduct

Thread: Montale Paris

Default Montale Paris

I ordered from The Perfume House, and my order came in today (CDG Tar and Skai). They gave me one of Montale fragrances but I don't see it in the directory. I also searched for it. The little sample booklet says Mukhallat on front.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Montale Paris

Copied from Luckyscent - link here: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...5438&section=1

Mukhallat
    Eau de Parfum
    by Montale

the scoop
    An intriguing new take on Turkish Delight, Montale’s mouthwatering creation replaces cherries with luscious, ripe strawberries and mixes them with the sweet nuttiness of almonds and the creaminess of vanilla. The sinfully rich blend, with its slightly powdery, wonderfully comforting quality, rests on a sensual musky base. An unapologetically gourmand composition for true connoisseurs, a new delicacy to be enjoyed by the fans of Oriental Dream and Loukhoum.

Mukhallat notes:
    Strawberry, almond, vanilla, musk
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Thanks Mike. I even typed the make in the search function, and nothing came up. Is it new?

I must say I smelled this when I opened the package. Then when I took it out, it was strong. But it smelled GREAT! I'm a newbie, and have trouble picking out notes, but this smelled very mysterious to me.

I have to say I was really excited about Tar and Skai, but I have sniffing the sample package of Mukhallat all day long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Copied from Luckyscent - link here: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...5438&section=1

Mukhallat
    Eau de Parfum
    by Montale

the scoop
    An intriguing new take on Turkish Delight, Montale’s mouthwatering creation replaces cherries with luscious, ripe strawberries and mixes them with the sweet nuttiness of almonds and the creaminess of vanilla. The sinfully rich blend, with its slightly powdery, wonderfully comforting quality, rests on a sensual musky base. An unapologetically gourmand composition for true connoisseurs, a new delicacy to be enjoyed by the fans of Oriental Dream and Loukhoum.

Mukhallat notes:
    Strawberry, almond, vanilla, musk
    My Wife wears Sweet Oriental Dream and Mukhallat smells great on her too. Both are extremely feminine scents. It's just my opinion, but I don't see how a male could pull off wearing either.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    My Wife wears Sweet Oriental Dream and Mukhallat smells great on her too. Both are extremely feminine scents. It's just my opinion, but I don't see how a male could pull off wearing either.
    Sweet Oriental Dream maybe not, Mukhallat yes. I have worn it and have gotten many compliments on that.
    Last edited by maisonstinky; 25th May 2008 at 01:55 AM.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I love eating Turkish Delight - but the description of a strawberry version of Turkish Delight sounds kind of strange. The word 'powder' in the Luckyscent description scares me too.

Most fragrances trying to recreate Turkish Delight all seem to border on powdery scents (Louve by Serge Lutens, Rahat Loukoum by Serge Lutens, Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri, Luctor et Emergo by People of the Labyrinths...to name a few).

Why can't someone make a tart, sweet and non-powdery Turkish Delight scent!?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 25th May 2008 at 03:38 AM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I tried Mukhallat once and wasn't that crazy about it. Montale has plenty of other better scents.

Post Thanks / Like

What does Mukhallat actually mean?
    I have a wonderfully blended oudh by that name. It also has warm resins, and smells a bit like a black forest - an oriental, masculine Mitsouko !
    Last edited by narcus; 25th May 2008 at 05:13 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.