Code of Conduct

Default Can anyone recommend a fragrance that lasts well with cedarwood and rose?

Hello!

I'm looking to find a fragrance that smells a little green and woody but has a lot of rose in it. I own L'or de Torrente which I really enjoy wearing but it has no staying power on me sadly. I really don't enjoy the scent of gardenia or freesia, but I love rose!

Can anyone recommend any scents they think I should try?

Thumbs up Re: Can anyone recommend a fragrance that lasts well with cedarwood and rose?

Paris - Yves Saint Laurent!!! The main notes I get on me are roses, cedar and a slight amber dry down. My DH just bought it for me and I just love it! You can check the notes on osmoz.com.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a fragrance that lasts well with cedarwood and rose?

Every spring YSL comes out with a new limited edition variation on the original Paris, which was a typical 1980s scent-- big, with a lot of sillage.

Last year's limited edition was Paris Jardins Romantiques which had a refreshing grass note and none of the powderiness of the original; I find it much more wearable than the original Paris. The limited edition for this year is Paris Pont des Amours (haven't tried it yet.)

I'm not sure there is cedar, though, in Paris or its various versions-- sandalwood and musks, yes.

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a fragrance that lasts well with cedarwood and rose?

One of my favs just happens to be a kind of rose/woody scent. It's just beautiful and it lasts on me till I wash it off. I get soooo many compliments everytime I wear it. I love the way it smells on a cold crisp day.

It was discontinued, but you can still find it online. I got mine from perfume.com

Victoria's Secret.....So In Love

Amazing!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Every spring YSL comes out with a new limited edition variation on the original Paris, which was a typical 1980s scent-- big, with a lot of sillage.

Last year's limited edition was Paris Jardins Romantiques which had a refreshing grass note and none of the powderiness of the original; I find it much more wearable than the original Paris. The limited edition for this year is Paris Pont des Amours (haven't tried it yet.).......
    Ooooh! I didn't know that! (I am a longtime Paris-ienne) Thanks for the info! :scampers off to investigate:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Woody roses (some cedar, some other types of wood) : Clinique Aromitics Elixir, Czech and Speake No. 88, Les Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose, Gres Cabaret, Le Labo Rose 31, Montale Black Aoud (or most of his other rose perfumes.)

Lots of cedar in Femininite du Bois if you spot a bottle.
    Gres Cabaret is great - a slightly salty woody rose. I definitely second Purplebird on that one.
    Yves Rocher's Secrets d'Essences range has Rose Absolute, a fairly straight rose that's very good - and it comes in shower gel, body lotion and deodorant as well - very useful for amping up the rosiness in any fragrance you wear on top.
    Why does Guerlain's Purple Fantasy pop into my mind? is it because I associate it with you Birdie? Or is it a Rose and Sandalwood? There's a lot of that on ebay at reasonable prices these days, I've noticed.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate!

Third for Cabaret, and it's gorgeous.

Also, Miriam Mirani Aqaba, and Rochas Tocade.
    Last edited by Tovah; 28th May 2008 at 09:15 PM.

I believe Clarins Par Amour has cedar, as the rose is very woody.

EDIT: My apologies - Looked it up and found that I was incorrect about the wood in this beautiful scent. Apparently it's sandalwood, not cedar. Still - it's very lovely and it lasts all day on me.
    Last edited by pomander; 7th June 2008 at 06:27 AM.

I just passed up a bottle of Clarins Par Amour this past weekend at T.J. Maxx. I love alot of the scents suggested in this thread, so I'm thinking I might have to make a mad dash back to T.J. Maxx and snag that lone Par Amour bottle. It's a refillable bottle......could I put it into an atomizer? That was the main reason I turned it down. Now I want it. :P

I hope it will still be there for you, Makeup Maniac. When I pass up items they often aren't there when I return.

I would recommend Tiempe Passat as well as Câline.

Dolce Vita by Dior, chic alors. (how chic)
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I second Par Amour and Feminite du Bois, I wear and love Patou Caline but to me it 's a green chypre, I don 't really see the connection with rose and cedar, besides it 's very hard to find...

Poussiere de Rose.

I noticed purplebird already mentioned Le Labo's Rose 31. I just tried this recently, and it definitely has rose and cedar. It's terribly pricey though. Basically around 50-cents per spritz. I don't normally like florals, but this one charmed me, perhaps because it seems to be more of a rose with spices rather than a rose with other florals.

I 2nd Dolce Vita by Dior and Feminite du Bois by Shiseido. Another I thought that might be OK would be Ombre' Rose by Jean Charles Brosseau. It is fairly powdery - but it is not a soliflore or 'green' rose which is nice.
    If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Blog Entries

L'Italie's 'Paestum Rose' containing cedar & wenge woods along with myrrh is a spicey rose unlike any other. It's at Aedes website.

Madness by Chopard. Very spicy rose, loaded with cedar.

Your should try some attars, as well as the "oud" range from Montale (agar wood). The "Bois" range from Serge Lutens contains a lot of cedar, but no rose.

In the same style, you've got a sandal wood and rose association which is even nicer. A beautiful one is Musk from Lorenzo Villoresi.