Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Idole - do you get soapy?

There is a note in this stuff that I do like. I don't know what it is. But on me, it is a spicy kind of soap. Now, it is not as soapy as Original Vetiver by Creed is on my skin, but soapy nonetheless.

I have read where Idole is boozy. I do not get booze, and I do not get the saffron like CDG 8 88.

I am tempted to get this, but then again, it is a bit pricey to get a soapy cologne when I tend to shy away from them.

Is there something similar to Idole but without the soap?

Parenthetically, when I first put on Lonestar Memories, I get some ashy fire, and the leather gets pronounced like 10 minutes later, but then, it smooths out. I do not generally like leather, but this starts to get smoother and is not as 'bubblegummy' as Creed Royal English Leather. I like its uniqueness, but L'Air is the keeper of the two Tauers

Default Re: Idole - do you get soapy?

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Now, it is not as soapy as Original Vetiver by Creed is on my skin, but soapy nonetheless. I am tempted to get this, but then again, it is a bit pricey to get a soapy cologne when I tend to shy away from them. Is there something similar to Idole but without the soap?
    I do not generally like leather, but this starts to get smoother and is not as 'bubblegummy' as Creed Royal English Leather.
    I feel the same way about leathers. One leather that I feel transcends the soapy quality that you describe is Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger - perhaps it's the oak moss that tempers the soap/bubblegummy accord. I find Creed's English Leather to be quite brutal because of its mix of the sweet and the extreme. It feels like I'm wearing a straight leather tanning chemical.

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Assoluta

Yes it is the same. They are doing a limited edition run of the 200ml of them with an atomiser bulb at the top.

They retail in Selfridges in London for £79.00.

Basenotes Institution

Same juice.

Good price - if you can grab it at the price, it's a value.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for that info Mike.

Now, I have to decide between the two.

On the one hand, a great deal on the Assoluta, really 3 times more juice for the price.
    On the other hand, I prefer the scent of the Colonia.
    And back to the first hand, the Assoluta is said to last longer.
    And to the second hand, I could get a small atomizer to take with me if it was that big of a deal

And it may be we are not talking 2 hours either way on longevity of one vs. the other.

Is there anything like Colonia that lasts longer?

Default Acqua di Parma Assoluta

I saw on Ebay that there is a seller with 6 bottles of the Assoluta Editione Riviera. I understand it was a 6.7 ounce bottle and was a limited edition, but it was my understanding it was a sprayer (not splash) that had the lemon to the side. Am I correct?

Finsfan, did you by accident post a question you can email to the actual seller here? This is a question for a seller, no?

I think you might find answers on the third page of your current quest thread, where I'll move it now.

Don't hesitate to contact sellers for your questions about their products.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Well, dilemna time.

Wife and daughter like Dirty English. Best deal is about $58 at Scentiments for 3.4 ounces
    So, I am down to four for summer and maybe you can weigh in.

1) Dirty English. Can get it for like $62 delivered from Scentiments for 3.4 ounces. WIfe and Daughter like it, and it is a safe buy, but it does me so so

2) Colonia - my favorite notes at the first, and lasts strong for an hour, gone in about 3. 1.7 ounces will run me about $50 delivered.

3) Assoluta - I can get 6.7 ounce splash on ebay for $92 delivered. Lasts twice as long at each stage than the Colonia, but I dont like it as much. Top stays good for about 2 hours and lasts about 6 to 7 total

4) the 88. will wear it tomorrow but i think the cheapest is around $100 for 3.4 ounces, if I am right. So far, I would place it between the Colonia and Assoluta as far as what I like on the front end. Probably smells the soapiest of the three, then colonia then assoluta.

So, I think it is down to these four. Wife and daughter like Assoluta the best of the last three.

Suggestions, thoughts? Before you run me out on the rails for beating a dead horse
    Last edited by finsfan; 17th June 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Default Re: You guys are great, can I go to the well one more time?

Well #88, I can not smell on me. And Colonia, unless it is a steal, well, I have it down to these two

Assoluta

or

Dirty English.

Or, what I like vs. what child and wife like

Sam