Code of Conduct

Default What's my next creed buy

I currently own:
    SMW
    VIW
    Santal Imperial
    Erolfa
    GIT

I love SMW,VIW, and GIT. I have longevity problems with Santal Imperial and Erolfa...

What should be my next purchase---

Default Re: What's my next creed buy

The one you like most that you don't already have.

Sur la Plage

Have you tried any others? If so, which ones do you like?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think I have narrowed it down to OV or MI, but I have read about longevity issues with both. Anyone have have success with longevity with these two?

Blog Entries

Both of these do seem to have a longetivity issue for me as well. You might wanna give Royal Water a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I think I have narrowed it down to OV or MI, but I have read about longevity issues with both. Anyone have have success with longevity with these two?

I suggest you instead try PFPG EDCI or JG EDFDC - just to try something good

I know this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for but is there any reason your next buy has to be a Creed?

Having said that, give Bois du Portugal and Royal Delight a try. They're both heavier fragrances than what you list so they should prove to be an interesting change in smell.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Vintage Tabarome!!
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

What other fragrance(s) does Royal Water smell like? It's not being discussed that often around here.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thť Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Well, Creed is the first house that I have tried. I am kind of new to this whole fragrance thing. But I just love Creed fragraces. I am addicted to them. Maybe I will branch out later on.

5 Creed fragrances are enough IMO..

How about branching off now? Now would be a good time.

I would start off by investing a bit on samples of favorites from houses like CDG, L'artisan, Montale, Nasomatto, SL, Malle, and Tauer. Just my two cents.

Himalaya, OV, and MI are must haves. Longevity issues are easily resolved by rubbing an unscented lotion into the crooks of your elbows, spraying onto the area and letting it dry for a minute, then spraying again and waiting another minute, then spraying again if necessary.

MI lasts 8 -10 hours for me. Try it on yourself before you buy.

Ha. Thanks Moltening... I am gonna get some samples of the houses you mentioned, but like I said there is something about Creed that I love. I definitely will not go back to the "every day" fragrances.

SamplerMike, you understand my love for Creeds don't you?

SamplerMike, you understand my love for Creeds don't you?
    Yes, I think I do...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

If you are interested in Vetiver, see if you can try to smell Vetiver (1948); it's different from the OV you mention. It's much less soapy than the new one, and has much better lasting power. Also, don't dismiss the people on this thread who are suggesting non-Creed scents. Some of them are just as good or better than the ones you're thinking of, in my book. Creed is generally a good house, but there are others!
    Last edited by JaimeB; 15th June 2008 at 08:45 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cślum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

ó Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

óSeneca

I don't understand these "Try other houses" comments. Most of us when starting off are aware of other houses as well. When I start a thread requesting information on purchases from a particular house, I would want to receive recommendations from that house only unless ofcourse a fellow BN'er recommends a similar fragrance from another house which may be a better or different fit. Who is to say how many fragrances from one house should be enough for a person? Maybe I should scold my aunt for owning over 15 Guerlains...how dare she spend her own money indulging in only Guerlains?
    -

Original Vetiver is one of my absolute favorite scents.

And its longevity on me is exceptional - only my Montale aouds last longer.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Duc de Vervins, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme, Bentley Intense; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I love SMW,VIW, and GIT. I have longevity problems with Santal Imperial and Erolfa...

Are you looking for rich citruses/aromatics or woody citruses ? If so, then try Neroli Sauvage or Royal Water...both Creed citruses which have good longevity. You may also want to try similar tropical and or aromatic/woody citruses like Monsieur de Givenchy, MPG Bahiana (tropical), or Nina Ricci Signoricci. If you like SMW, L'Artisan Mure et Musc cologne is similar in nature, but not as complex or rich imo.
    Last edited by zztopp; 15th June 2008 at 09:07 PM.
    -

thank you zztopp

Sur la Plage

I do not own Milliseme Imperiale - it just doesn't do anything for me.

I do own and enjoy Original Vetiver, and have no longevity issues with it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I don't understand these "Try other houses" comments. Most of us when starting off are aware of other houses as well. When I start a thread requesting information on purchases from a particular house, I would want to receive recommendations from that house only unless ofcourse a fellow BN'er recommends a similar fragrance from another house which may be a better or different fit. Who is to say how many fragrances from one house should be enough for a person? Maybe I should scold my aunt for owning over 15 Guerlains...how dare she spend her own money indulging in only Guerlains?
    I think you're missing the point. The TS is well entitled to buy only Creed and if his question would have been 'should I buy OV or MI?' no one would've bothered with suggestions from other houses. It's the phrasing of his question that makes me (and apparently other people) wonder why it has to be a fragrance from this house.

On another note: I love Creed too. Own four and plan on getting another one soon.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    I suggest you instead try PFPG EDCI or JG EDFDC - just to try something good
    I'm with you. I don't read short hand. People seem to be too lazy to type the words out.

Between MI and OV, I'd take OV any day of the week. It has better longevity than MI on me (MI lasts 3 hours, max).
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Thumbs up Re: What's my next creed buy

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    I know this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for but is there any reason your next buy has to be a Creed?

Having said that, give Bois du Portugal and Royal Delight a try. They're both heavier fragrances than what you list so they should prove to be an interesting change in smell.

I agree. I love both these scents.

Seeking Bond #9 Hot Always Samples.
    Last edited by Zerby; 17th June 2008 at 09:49 PM.

I currently own:
    SMW
    VIW
    Santal Imperial
    Erolfa
    GIT

GIT, SMW and BdP are my favorite Creeds. Therefore, I'd suggest BdP.

But if you have access to Niemann Marcus or one of the fine department stores that carry Creed, by all means go and sample MI, Himalaya, Original Vetiver and the rest you have read about.

That's what I did.