Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Are your favorites different from a year ago? What's been added/bumped?

Different fragrances rise to the top of the ladder in our appreciation. Can you see a difference in your favorites this year versus a year ago?

I think my shuffling of favorites mostly has to do with a bit of boredom and is not particularly related to seasonality.

STILL FAVORITES: Nanadebary Green, Stephanie, Black Vetyver Cafe

NEW TOP FRAGS: Molinard de Molinard, Mandragore, CdG Lily

SHUFFLING DOWN MY FAVORITES LADDER: Dzing!, Amber, Jicky, Nuits de Noho
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Red face Re: Are your favorites different from a year ago? What's been added/bumped?

Srill love Chanel Gardenia, Hermes Ambre Narguile, Bond Nuits de noho and Narciso Rodriguez a LOT
    new Ones, Bond Saks for Her
    Bond Union Square
    Gucci EDT brown bottle
    Leiber
    Still love Isabey Gardenia a lot
    New EL Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia
    New Versace
    I forgot what came out when have a lot of bottles of perfume
    Gads I forgot the new Guerlain Cruel Gardenia amazing
    Vera Wang Flower Princess great too
    Last edited by perfumegirl; 26th May 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Default Re: Are your favorites different from a year ago? What's been added/bumped?

You always pose the most interesting questions dear Joy - stuff I would never ponder had you not brought it up and always a great journey.

Would have to say my faves are always open-ended and - I have just discovered - are seasonal. Shared on another thread that when I rearranged my perfume space I found that I had put the lighter weight "summery" scents on the most easily accessible shelves. The sugars (Fresh this year - Pink last summer) Figs (still Figue Amere and the Tesco) the CSPs (two new ones this year - thanks to kind BNers) the citruses (see previous - Eau de Naphe joined the Merveilles) some greenies. Some lightweight florals (Caldey Island Lavender, e.g.)

Alba on another thread - the one on backups - talks about her scent journey being ongoing, ever evolving. and I guess that's where I am. Be water!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Default Re: Are your favorites different from a year ago? What's been added/bumped?

Added: Ysatis and Insolence and Dune

Haven't taken anything out of rotation quite yet.

Still love: NR For Her, D&G Feminine, LMDV Vanille Noire Du Mexique.
    Fell out of love: Chanel No.19 (was very surprised at this), FSBT Zoe, Gucci edp.
    New loves: Mazzolari Patchouli, Les Nereides Patchouli Antique, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Borghese Il Bacio, Dior Dolce Vita.

Also many temptations along the way but I have resisted!

Still love my classics, Chanel BdI, CdR, Guerlain Shalimar, LB, Mitzy, Caron Narcisse Noir, Serena's Madame X.

I have added a couple of new ones: Hermes Ambre Narguile and Kelly Caleche and Prada's Infusion d'Iris.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

New Loves - Angel, Musc Ravageur

Still Love - Chanel no.19 and no. 5

can't say I am out of love with any of them they are waiting in the wings to take a turn
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I still love my old frags but as the year has gone by I have developed a better appreciation for different scents. Where before I mostly wore heavy orientals and such now I also enjoy fresh, green fragrances. I also have developed a better appreciation for Annick Goutal frags. There were a couple I loved ( Songes and Folavril) but now I own several that I never dreamed I would.

Last year, it was CK One, Kenzo Pour Homme and Diesel Green.

This year, Escentric 02, Nicole Miller for Men, Straight to Heaven, Cologne Blanche and Moss Breches

Still faves:
    Roma, NRFH, Ambre Sultan, AG Rose Absolue, Songes, AG face and body products, Shalima, Opium, and of course the great Narcisse Noir

New faves:
    TDC frags, Ambre Precieux, Touaregh, Avignon*, Cafe Noir, Venus Sands, Habanita*, Chergui, Black Cashmere, Imperial Opopanax*, Sonia Rykiel frags*, Bahiana, Dior Homme, Jospehine,

Slipping down the list:
    Bellodgia, Parfum Sacre, Feminite du Bois, Musc Ravageur, some Creeds, and a few others

*Thanks to Taolady and limboleo for enabling some of those new loves through swaps.
    And thanks to many BNers whose posts sent me in search of new adventures
    (note to self - must retest Joy de Patou this weekend)
    Last edited by Sestra; 29th May 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Last year my fragrances of choice were Armani Mania (femme), Davidoff Echo and Guess? Woman. I also own Giorgio Red and Violette Angel, but I had fallen out of love with Red and Violette Angel was only for special occasions.

Yes, that's it. That's all I even owned at that point!

My current wardrobe is a bit more populated, I must say!

Current rotation (Winter):
    L de Lolita Lempicka, Un Bois Vanille, Revlon Fire & Ice and occasionally some Hanae Mori.

And since most BNers are in Summer(?) right now, I shall name my rotation from the warm season just passed:
    Champs Elysees, Cherry Blossom Fruity, Miss Dior Cherie, Hanae Mori and Magical Moon.

Of course there are and were others worn from time to time, but they are/were the most common! As you can see, none of the oldies from last year got into the commonly worn rotation of frags. :P

Still love: Midnight Tryst, Vol De Nuit, L'Heure Bleue, Collection, Farnesiana & Bois Des Isles

New Favs: Anything very jasmine heavy...Jala, Blush Intense, A la Nuit, Joy, Kai

Slipping down: Chanel's No.22

I'm with Tavorna since I only started this scented journey less than a year ago.

Last year's rotation: Hypnotic Poison, Addict, Casmir (Thanks for the new bottle TWolf!)

They are still in occasional rotation (though Addict isn't getting nearly the love it used to), but my decant and samples are occupying most of my attention.

Current no-brainers (the things I reach for when I want to smell good and not think about it): Giorgio (my SO LOVES this one), Fracas, 95% of the items in my Serge Lutens sample bag, Jicky

Current cravers: Olivier Durbano's Black Tourmaline (my SO HATES this one), Serendipitous, Kingdom (thanks Ms. Taolady!), Shalimar, Le Maroc Pour Elle.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Still favs: Romeo Gigli, Eau de Cartier, AA Pamplelune, Dalimix, True Star, T-Girl, Tommy Girl Summer Cologne 2004, Kenzo Summer, Daylight Sabatini, La Chasse aux Papillons, Eau Torride, Jil Sander no 4
    New favs: Calyx, Apple Blossom Demeter, Happy Heart, Blush, Poeme (!!!), The Spirit of Moonflower, Energizing Fragrance Shiseido, Pur Desir de Pivoine, Lou Lou, Purplelight, Mure et Musc, Innocent Rock, Dalimix Gold
    Slipping down: Tender Touch, WeekEnd Burberry, Chloe Narcisse, Cabaret, Eau des Merveilles, Fujiyama, Mahora, Blonde, Fragile EDT
    http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=URETJ3JnfOU

White and Red. White - smell of mosses, velvety petals of butterfly-orchids, murmurs of streams, rustles of weird consonants. Red - polish people, envy, jealousy, god-avenger, red paint on my door.

Last summer my favourites were L and City Glam, now I wear many of the Artisan mood collection, amber, cocktail, fou d'orange and a rose oil and eau de star.

I reallyt expanded my collection and in may I bought 8 new scents.