Code of Conduct

Default Profumum = $$$$ @ Luckyscent

Has anyone else noticed, all of the Profumum fragrances at Luckyscent are now $240! Wow...what a joke. They can keep em.

Default Re: Profumum = $$$$ @ Luckyscent

The value of a euro has gone from $.85 to $1.50+ over the past ten years. This is consistent with the incredible debt spending that our country has applied to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Although this deficit spending and currency inbalance may revert to old levels in the future (who knows?), small companies that don't have the ability to vary their prices to allow for currency fluctuations will see their products being priced higher in the U.S. market. US deficit spending is causing our money to be worth much less for goods from the european market. So, Profumum gets more expensive than its probably worth.

A lot of luckyscent.com fragrances have gone up in price during the past six months. Il Profumo's G-11, which I was going to buy, went from $80 to $120. This is offensive.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I wonder if, similar to prices at gasoline stations in the US, prices of already paid for and in stock fragrances are boosted to reflect the cost of future replacements. Seems like that is pure profiteering, as only newly purchased fragrances at the new higher prices would be priced correctly that way, not the older ones.
    Last edited by kbe; 26th May 2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I've heard from a European basenoter in another thread, they sell for 210 Euro for the 100ml bottle in the local retailers there. I guess it's still cheaper at LS but from the ones I've tried, most of them are linear one note dominating scents. I just really couldn't see myself shelling out money for anything in the line. Their sandalwood scent was my favorite but I still like Tam Dao more.

Personally, I don't really rate Profumum - I doubt you're missing much...

I've only ever tried Olibanum and it made my heart heavy. I felt rather depressed wearing it. I'm sure I won't be trying out any of there other lines. I think $240 for a bottle is just silly.

On a personal note, I think the bottles are a typographic nightmare. Yeah not very innovative to just spread the kerning of the typeface evenly on each line. At least use something other than Futura, ugh.

Banned

$15 is going to keep you from buying a fragrance? With free shipping that makes it a $5 raise (unless they are raising the prices because of excessive free shipping use)
    Last edited by teger; 27th May 2008 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    $15 is going to keep you from buying a fragrance? With free shipping that makes it a $5 raise (unless they are raising the prices because of excessive free shipping use)
    It won't stop me. If someone can create a lemon scent for less money and as good as Acqua Viva, then I'll buy it. Until then I'll pay the asking price.

The pricing on a lot of scents on LuckyScent has made me go WTF, not just Profumum.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    The pricing on a lot of scents on LuckyScent has made me go WTF, not just Profumum.
    Ditto.

Prices will be going up at all retailers, not just Luckyscent. Luckyscent uses the industry standard for mark-up. I don't see greed or price gouging.

I'm in the baking business with a large national company. The bread I service to grocery stores in the last couple of months has gone up weekly. In the last 3 months a loaf of bread that retailed for $3.29 is now at $4.69 - I'll do the math for you - that's a tad over 42% increase in 3 months for a loaf of bread. Using that as a guide, Profumum would have gone from $215.00 to $305.00. The reality is it only went up 12%. A bargain in todays economic climate. Buckle up and fasten your seatbelts - the prices of perfume and everything else will be going up alot more. So don't single out Luckyscent because the economy sucks right now.

thebeck is absolutely right. The prices at Aedes have gone up too. These are luxury items. If you think you can get Profumum elsewhere cheaper or alternatives to them, then you should try those avenues. I myself am holding off because of their prices too.
    "Fasten your seatbelts" is right. I think the rise in the prices of bread and fuel are/should be more serious concerns for all. Keep in mind that food is getting expensive in all countries including the poorest ones that don't even know what Profumum is.

nsamadi, I don't know where the European Basenoter you mention lives, but I bought my last Profumum a couple of months ago and paid 135 Euros for it. At today's exchange rate, it means 212 Us Dollars.
    Pretty consistent with luckyscent's prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    nsamadi, I don't know where the European Basenoter you mention lives, but I bought my last Profumum a couple of months ago and paid 135 Euros for it. At today's exchange rate, it means 212 Us Dollars.
    Pretty consistent with luckyscent's prices.
    Sorry, I guess my mind gets mixed up with all these currency conversions, and it was an older thread.

I found the thread that was discussing the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo View Post
    In Vienna a 100ml bottle was 160 euros.
    It's around 250 US with todays conversion in Europe. I guess I was off a lot. I believe LS had the line priced between $190 - $215 depending on which scent prior. Even with the escalation in price, it's still cheaper to purchase from them.

If you were interested in seeing the older thread.

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...light=profumum
    Last edited by nsamadi; 27th May 2008 at 10:09 PM.