Code of Conduct

Thread: Acqua di Parma

Default Acqua di Parma

I just found out that there's just ONE shop on this island which gets niche fragrances... and the only niche company is Acqua di Parma. I've tried their Colonia Assoluta which is so lovely and fresh. I was wondering what their other range is like, particularly:

- Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    - Acqua di Parma Colonia
    - Blu Mediterraneo Capri Orange
    - Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
    - Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    - Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress

I'd probably enjoy the Blu Mediterraneo range - especially the Capri Orange and Fico di Amalfi (the actual places themselves are quite special to me personally)... All I know is that at the moment I'd probably be tempted to get the whole range (which is a definate no-no for a student)
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Smile Re: Acqua di Parma

Hi Mlt.Perfume.

My favorite in this line is the AdP Colonia Assoluta. It is a woodier interpretation of the original--with superior longevity. I also like the leathery Colonia Intensa, but on my skin it has less longevity than even AdP original.

My experience with the Blu Med. line has been only with the Tuscan Cypress (a coniferous frag.) and the Mirto di Panarea (which is not on your list. But it smells somewhat like a conifer mixed with lemon candy.) I have all of the Blu Med's in sample size, but I haven't worn the others yet. The Blu Med. line seems to be designed to be used as aromatherapy, mood-enhancers for the wearer. Sillage is minimal, longevity is moderate. But the two I have tried are beautiful fragrances that do enhance my mental clarity.

If you had to buy only one, go for the Assoluta. You won't be disappointed.

Default Re: Acqua di Parma

Colonia is a classic that any perfume lover should at least have tried. A fantastic lemon-verbena top blends into a rose-ylang heart. Natural and sophisticated. I personally - and this is a minority opinion - find the Blue Mediterraneo line to mainly consist of forgettable, highly synthetic drugstore scents aiming to cash in on the reputation of the original AdP.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I think all three of the Colonias are wonderful to be honest, my favourite is Intensa, but I love Assoluta too - it has a kind of fizzy lemon note to it which it pulls off better than YSL pour Homme ever did and lasts way longer.

The Blu Mediteranee range is also great - but not quite as great as the Colonias - I agree with bossanova boy that the Mirto is probably one of the best of those, although I also like the Fico. My problem is that they smell like they are all redolent of Sur Le Nil which I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Colonia is a classic that any perfume lover should at least have tried. A fantastic lemon-verbena top blends into a rose-ylang heart. Natural and sophisticated. I personally - and this is a minority opinion - find the Blue Mediterraneo line to mainly consist of forgettable, highly synthetic drugstore scents aiming to cash in on the reputation of the original AdP.
    Don't worry - at least one person shares your minority opinion!

Despite being initially wowed by Arancia di Capri and Fico di Amalfi, as soon as I encountered Bigarade concentree and Philosykos respectively, I realised just how synthetic the Blu Med series is. To be fair, they both do 'fresh' very well. Mandorlo di Sicilia, on the other hand... *shudder*

Colonia is everything that the_good_life and countless others claim it is; it's also another that you can easily file under 'fresh' [certainly moreso than Assoluta, in my experience].

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I think all three of the Colonias are wonderful to be honest, my favourite is Intensa, ...
    Intensa is very nice. I almost bought a bottle at Saks recently, but got wooed away by Annick Goutal's Les Nuits d'Hadrien, which is completely intoxicating.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    The Blu Mediteranee range is also great ... Mirto is probably one of the best of those, although I also like the Fico.
    Fico di Amalfi and Mirto di Panarea are the two best of the series, as far as I'm concerned. I picked up a bottle of Fico, and love it. However, it doesn't last long, and I'm always reapplying it. It's a good thing it's a 120ml bottle.

Basenotes Institution

I admire a few of the line, but only really love Colonia Assoluta.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

I don't know what it is about Colonia Assoluta, but it just doesn't wow me. A very kind of soapy barbershop fragrance.

I do rather like Fico di Amalfi, which is unlike every other fig fragrance I've tried in that it's fruity as opposed to green and leafy. It's very much in the same vein as the first two Hermes Jardin scents, but I prefer it to either.

Arancia di Capri reminds me of orange Tic-Tacs. Not so great.

Mandorlo di Sicilia is a delicious sweet almond that I've only tried once but I need to try it again. You've probably never heard of them, but it reminds me of Soda-Licious fruit snacks from when I was a kid.

I know only Colonia and Intensa, and I have a big bottle of Colonia. It was just yesterday that I was wondering, how beatifully it opened in this early hot summer weather.

I tried Colonia Assoluta from a decant and I loved it - so I guess that's a must.

Shame about the Blu Mediterraneo line... I was looking for something evocative of Capri/Amalfi... Carthusia seem to be from Capri yet they're not sold here
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089