Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ralph Lauren Safari EdT vs EdP

Has anyone smelled both? I'm about to go pick some up at TJ Maxx, and they have a EdT out of the box that I smelled (and love), and an EdP in box (with the price tag blocking the box closed). Both are the same price, so I'm inclined to go for the EdP.

Is the formulation different between them, or is it just a concentration difference?

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ralph Lauren Safari EdT vs EdP

The EDP is the women's version - because I think it just says Safari, not Safari for Men (at least the ones I have seen at TJ Maxx).

I personally do not like the women's version - at least not on me. I do like Safari for Men though.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 29th May 2008 at 02:21 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - they actually had more boxes when I went back, so I picked up a nice new one.

Love the bottle, and I needed a new woody scent, but I don't like most. The vetiver in this one keeps it from being too sharp for me, it's woody but sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, "Safari" EDP is made for women (and it's discontinued), while "Safari for Men" EDT is just that.

Of course, that's never stopped some on here.

On a side note, I recently also smelled Safari for Men at Marshall's. I was all ready to buy it but when I smelled it (thanks to the open box), I was immediately reminded of Halston Catalyst. Not enough to say that they are blood brothers, but distant cousins. It was enough to make me pass on it, as I have a 3.4 ounce bottle of Catalyst that isn't in any danger of running low yet.
    Last edited by atrac; 30th May 2008 at 12:17 AM.

Ha, I gave my at least 75% full bottle to a cousin last week. Just couldn't stand the stuff anymore. I felt like a woodworm that was about to choke on his last meal. Bleegh.

Btw, I think Catalyst is a hell of a lot better than Safari.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wore Safari a long time ago. It may be time to revisit it. I always liked it.