Code of Conduct

Default Best place to get SL Bell Jars?

So I was looking through the "beautiful bottle" thread, and a really love the look of the Serge Lutens bell jars. After doing a little digging, I found that they can only be ordered in Europe and are hard to get in the U.S.

Outside of asking someone from Europe to be a go-between, possibly have a customs problem, and possibly getting a damaged bell jar - what is the best way to obtain one of these beautiful bottles?

I'm going to be ordering some decants from Perfumed Court soon and if I love the scents I'd love a bell jar.

Default Re: Best place to get SL Bell Jars?

You pretty much got it - have a friend in Europe/UK be the relay to you, the risk being customs and shipping hassles with importing perfumes. Alternatively, you can buy a bell jar with 1 oz in it from Perfumed Court - though it isn't the cheapest way to get a bell jar, it may be one of the least risky ways.

Sometimes Bergdorf Goodman has a bell jar or two - though you will have to call, and they don't always have them (and the SA may have no knowledge of them ever having them - but they have in the past).

I wasn't sure if you want the perfume, or just an empty jar?
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 29th May 2008 at 06:38 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

The only place in the US that has a few of them sold at retail is Bergdorf Goodman. I've seen the bottles empty and partially full available on the Perfumed Court on occasion. You should also check ebay.
    Good Luck.

I'm assuming you mean a bell jar filled with the juice...?
    Honestly, E-Bay or as you mention, have one shipped to a friend in Europe and have them send it to you. The best alternative.....go and get one or five in person. :-)
    Sometimes, The Perfumed Court or even someone here at BN will have a partial or full bottle for sale.

It's pretty frustrating if your an SL fan. I live on the decants and have just bagged the idea of having a full bell jar until I can go to Paris.