Code of Conduct

Default Fragrancenet, FragranceX and LuckyScent

Fragrancenet is Canada friendly, charging no tax or duties. A flat fee of $10.xx is charged for shipping and handling. Delevered by US mail in about 10 days.

I just purchased 50ml Terre d'Hermès at Fragrancenet for a total of $60.19
    Enchante sells it for $69.99.

P.S. I could have saved $10 by using a coupon code.

http://fragrancenet.com/
    Last edited by weylin; 30th July 2008 at 05:10 AM.

Default Re: Fragrancenet

I thought you can't ship cologne cross border because it contains alcohol and is considered a "dangerous good" due to being flammable or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by acehimself View Post
    I thought you can't ship cologne cross border because it contains alcohol and is considered a "dangerous good" due to being flammable or something along those lines?
    No problem here. I also swapped with someone in Florida with no hassle.
    Last edited by weylin; 4th June 2008 at 02:33 AM.

I just want to let my fellow Canadians know that I have ordered successfully from the following online retailers with very good results. All orders were received in 10 days or less with no damages and no extra fees such as taxes or duties.

- Fragrancenet - excellent prices

- FragranceX - quick shipping

- LuckyScent - many exclusive scents
    Last edited by weylin; 30th July 2008 at 05:09 AM.

Default Re: Fragrancenet, FragranceX and LuckyScent

I have received several shipments from Fragrancenet with no customs/duties problems.

I have received many shipments from the US and abroad (the vast majority of my collection) and never had any issues with customs.

My only advice is DO NOT use UPS or Fed Ex. The "brokerage fee" is comparable to rabid loan shark fees (at time up to 60% of a products value in my experience) and should be avoided.

Using USPS (United States Postal Service) from the US or the local post office is the way to go.

Fragrancenet covers all the shipping / duties AND taxes and IMO has been great.

Does FragranceX and Luckyscent cover shipping / duties and taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdown View Post
    Does FragranceX and Luckyscent cover shipping / duties and taxes?
    Yes. FragranceX ships USPS Air Mail and LuckyScent sent me samples via USPS.
    Neither had any taxes/duties.

FragranceNet charges $20 for shipping , whereas @ FragranceX you only pay $5 with their countless coupons they email to everybody. Sucks cuz the selection is much wider on FragranceNet...

Hey guys, one question:

Are the Fragrancex orders to Toronto being charged?
    Does the customs charging any duties/taxes?

Thanks.

[]s

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarder View Post
    Hey guys, one question:

Are the Fragrancex orders to Toronto being charged?
    Does the customs charging any duties/taxes?

Thanks.

[]s
    No duties/taxes from FragranceX. Shipping is free - use code FREE.

I couldn't find anyone explaining luckyscent's policy for shipping to Canada so I'll be the first to write it:

LuckyScent ships via UPS for bottles, and USPS for samples. If you buy a bottle, you will be charged PRIOR to shipment: Bottle price, 14% Canadian Customs Charges (similar to tax), Shipping and Brokerage Fees.

Let's take an example: Heeley - Oranges and Lemons Say the Bells of St. Clements is selling for $150 for a 100ml bottle [beautiful scent by the way]

So here is the cost breakdown:
    Bottle - $150
    Shipping - $20
    Brokerage Fee - $19
    Canadian Customs 14% fee - $21
    Total - $210

And LuckyScent leaves this notice to avoid any confusion:

-- SPECIAL NOTE TO CANADIAN CUSTOMERS --
    All Canadian FedEx orders will be charged a 14% customs fee in addition to a broker fee. Please disregard all Federal Express requests for customs payments sent to you. You are paying them in advance with this order.

Seems quite pricey but lets take a look for a minute. Shipping is going to cost money irregardless of where you go (besides fragrancex) so that $20 shouldn't be a problem. The 14% custom charge can be compared to paying tax on a bottle if I were to go to a local niche store (that usually would have LESS selection and would be more pricey due to demand). I know for a fact that The Perfume Shoppe (A Canadian online niche store) adds taxes to all fragrances. The only cost it seems that would be extra would be the brokerage fee of a mere $19...not that big of a deal

So in conclusion, LuckyScent is still great for purchasing niche bottles online. Amazing selection at decent prices. I would still look around locally (I know in Toronto there are a few niche sellers) before purchasing from there, but a lot of lines are not available at most local niche stores.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serjery View Post
    I couldn't find anyone explaining luckyscent's policy for shipping to Canada so I'll be the first to write it:

LuckyScent ships via UPS for bottles, and USPS for samples. If you buy a bottle, you will be charged PRIOR to shipment: Bottle price, 14% Canadian Customs Charges (similar to tax), Shipping and Brokerage Fees.

Let's take an example: Heeley - Oranges and Lemons Say the Bells of St. Clements is selling for $150 for a 100ml bottle [beautiful scent by the way]

So here is the cost breakdown:
    Bottle - $150
    Shipping - $20
    Brokerage Fee - $19
    Canadian Customs 14% fee - $21
    Total - $210

And LuckyScent leaves this notice to avoid any confusion:

-- SPECIAL NOTE TO CANADIAN CUSTOMERS --
    All Canadian FedEx orders will be charged a 14% customs fee in addition to a broker fee. Please disregard all Federal Express requests for customs payments sent to you. You are paying them in advance with this order.

Seems quite pricey but lets take a look for a minute. Shipping is going to cost money irregardless of where you go (besides fragrancex) so that $20 shouldn't be a problem. The 14% custom charge can be compared to paying tax on a bottle if I were to go to a local niche store (that usually would have LESS selection and would be more pricey due to demand). I know for a fact that The Perfume Shoppe (A Canadian online niche store) adds taxes to all fragrances. The only cost it seems that would be extra would be the brokerage fee of a mere $19...not that big of a deal

So in conclusion, LuckyScent is still great for purchasing niche bottles online. Amazing selection at decent prices. I would still look around locally (I know in Toronto there are a few niche sellers) before purchasing from there, but a lot of lines are not available at most local niche stores.

Cheers
    Thanks for posting that breakdown!
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi