Code of Conduct

Default D&G the one for men smells like....

Givenchy PI.

Not sure if you'll agree but I think they smell VERY similar. PI is v.cheap here so I got it instead of the D&G for a lovely price 11 for 30ml. Just thought i'd share

Sur la Plage

Default Re: D&G the one for men smells like....

I don't agree about the smell, but I think you made a much better choice in going with Pi
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

What a disaster for D&G...their latest fragrance called "The One" getting all these 'meh' reviews.
    Last edited by knightowl; 30th May 2008 at 05:19 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Blog Entries

It's all so weird - these "non-scents" that have been crowding the market lately. I'll give D&G the good news that I really liked the honeyish base after dry-down, and my wife liked it, too. But overall, I found this very similar to both Usher for Men and Polo Explorer - almost not there. And with the dark, brownish ad themes for "the one", and Matthew McConaughey (not exactly understated) as the frontman, I was expecting stronger, richer, and fuller.

It's not exactly Pi, but I can see the resemblance a little. It's like they took some part of Pi and took it from trombone to oboe. Then threw in a warm shower and Hugo Boss Hugo to clean it up.

Are companies (1) making fragrances that are impossible to OD on, so that they never get dissed? or (2) dying of component costs, and embracing the odorless revolution as a way to reduce costs? or (3) planning smart to avoid tobacco-industry-like controls due to "second-hand perfume"?

I just can't see why these fragrances aren't at least somewhat smellable.

-Red

Well after a day of wearing it i've noticed they aren't the same, although the top notes are very similar to me. PI has a vanilla tone to it....warmth. The One has a very sour note mixed with honey almost. I'm the last person to talk to about notes really but I do prefer PI to The One so I'm a happy bunny

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Well after a day of wearing it i've noticed they aren't the same, although the top notes are very similar to me. PI has a vanilla tone to it....warmth. The One has a very sour note mixed with honey almost. I'm the last person to talk to about notes really but I do prefer PI to The One so I'm a happy bunny

For me, one whif of The One and all I can think is a watered-down VERSACE Blue Jeans. Compare the 2 if able. Blue Jeans is def a spray-in-the-air-and-walk-into-it kinda frag, just super strong. The One is more wearable if you are already in love with Blue Jeans. But considering how much cheaper Blue Jeans is compared to The One...why bother with D&G?
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW