Code of Conduct

Default SotD Friday 30th May

It's been a while since I started a SotD thread, but it's a lovely way to celebrate - today is the day my DH is coming home - and staying - after almost two years of working the whole week away from home.

The event calls for my beloved Serge Lutens

Chergui

Have a lovely Friday, all!

Edit: seems I didn't start the SotD thread after all - there was a very early thread by an Aussie friend I didn't see. Tigs, can you please merge?
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 30th May 2008 at 09:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Default Re: SotD Friday 30th May

How lovely for you Lady in Black! Enjoy the new togetherness.
    I'm on half-term and chilling nicely this week. Wearing my fun, everyday
    scent - Un Jour se Leve (Yves Rocher). Everytime I go to France I repurchase
    this one, and every time they are low on stock or have to get me one from out the back of the shop.
    It sells like hot cakes over there!! Never smell it in the U.K, however - it's so nice to be unique.

Today I'm wearing
    OSMANTHE YUNNAN
    by Jean Claud Ellena for Hermes Hermessence.

The notes include Yunnan tea, freesia, apricot, osmanthus, leather and musk.
    I'm so thrilled with this scent. It compares favourably with JCE's other Osmanthus for The Different Company, the difference - as far as I can recall - is that OY is more tart with the orange note, slightly drier, and the tea note a little more to the fore. I must find time to wear the two together and really appreciate each one. I also have the Ormonde Jayne Osmanthus in a sample spray, and that too requires revisiting.

OY, like some others from JCE, concentrates the mind and touches the heart in such an elegant manner that sometimes nothing else will do.

Last night I wore Osmanthe Yunnan on one arm, Poivre Samarcande on the other, and my first test of Lutens' Five o'clock Au Gingembre in the middle.
    If there is a Heaven, then surely it smells like that.

Good for you and your hubby LIB. That is very difficult when one spouse travels all the time. We did it for one year and it seemed like an eternity.

Wearing Prada Infusion d'Iris for work. Have a great friday.

Wearing the cute and fun Incanto Dreams today for the trip up to Disney World with my boyfriend. I love living in Florida, makes day trips to such magical places rather easy.

:-)
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Good morning Today i'm in Jicky edt. It fits my mood perfectly today.Have a great friday everybody!

How wonderful that you and DH will be able to spend more time together now, dear LiB!

The site is realy s l o o o o w today...

I am also wearing my beloved Lutens - A la Nuit.

Ah Christina - SO happy for you. Major bummer having your life companion so absent - and for so long!! It's OK with if you disappear for a short while...first things first!!

Sestra - if I hadn't already made my choice you'd make me want to try yours! Sounds delectable!!

But for once I am in the vanguard! (It'll be years 'til I catch up with all the already existing fumes) Thanks to KBE am sampling one of LAP's newest....
    L'eau de L'artisan
    ....a citrusy marine with a whiff of garden flowers and wild grasses. (Official notes: lemon, verbena, mint, basil, fresh-cut grass, seaweed)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

How wonderful to have your beloved home again long-term, dear LiB! Hope you have a marvelous time re-discovering each other.

Still on my rose kick, so it's YSL Paris Roses Enchantees today, with a decant of Jicky for the afternoon!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Ava Luxe No. 23 for me today.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Good news, L_i_B! No, this is great news! And thank you for sharing it with us. It takes two to tango and do many other things.

Read our whole thread with interest. I have this, I need to revisit that and get my paws on the third.

Caron Aimez-Moi today.

Givenchy • Ange ou Démon
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Jhl

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Chanel no. 19 goes nicely over a smattering of Burt's Bees Coconut foot creme...even though it's for feet, applied sparingly its nice for the rest of you too
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Lauder again today! Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

SotD is Kouros Fraîcheur (1993) A Blast from the Past--(Kouros in A Major)

Top Notes
    Bergamot .

Middle Notes
    Orange Blossom, Pineapple .

Base Notes
    Amber, Patchouli, Vetiver.
    Last edited by kbe; 30th May 2008 at 01:27 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Scent of the morning, afternoon, evening, night and maybe eternity

Jicky

How wonderful, Buni. Husband finally back where he belongs after all this time.This will be one of the happiest weekends. I am so glad for the both of you.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Eau de Joy edp for me today

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Happy for you LiB, and happier still for Mr. LiB. He's got to be tired of traveling back and forth every week. All those hours spent commuting can now be spent in precious moments with wonderful you!

Jean-Claude Ellena and I are cleaning house together this morning. Wearing Angeliques Sous La Pluie while preparing for prodigal daughter's return for the summer. She's driving up from NOLA today with her girlfriend, so I gotta make food for four. After this weekend, though, daughter takes over the cooking responsibilities again!!! :bounce:
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

So Happy Lady-in-Black, I do not know how you could do it, it is nice he will be home with you. I could never spend even one night away from my husband, nor he from I; I give you both credit though.

Today will be a day for Pavlova (original), it is just so soft, floral, and romantic.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Jicky this morning

Caron Pour un Femme

Berkley Square Fig and Cherry

Narciso Rodriguez edt for me!

Nanadebary Green for me! Uplifting and hopeful.

It seems quite a lot of you have chosen Jicky today! Unfortunately, I don't own it, so it's Dior Bois d'Argent for me: I love its honey note.

IPdF Ambra Del Nepal on my left arm, Montale White Musk on my right. Don't know which one I like better, they are both YUMMMM!

Comme de Garcons - Lily

Chanel Coco Mlle today Enjoy the weekend

That's great news LIB! More canoodling time for you guys!

I know what you mean Quarry. My son came home this month for the summer and he's been taking over some of the cooking responsibilities. It's a great load off my shoulders and I get to eat someone else's cooking for a change.

Wearing Kelly Caleche today.
    Last edited by dimples; 30th May 2008 at 05:27 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Smile Re: SotD Friday 30th May

Need an energizing fragrance, so today it's Fresh Lemon Sugar.

Un Jour Se Leve

Basenotes Plus

Wonderful news, LiB!

Serge Luten's Majeste La Rose this morning, time to reapply.

YSL - Young Sexy Lovley. Fruity good!!!

tuberose criminelle

Sote is Coco Chanel edt.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Creed Silver Mountain Water as SotE
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

So I'm delivering a dozen Madame Delbar roses to a hotel on the beach (I work for a flower shop) and as I approach the desk, the clerk loudly exclaims "Oh! Those flowers smell SO good" - and Madames have no fragrance whatsoever and it was ME in my L'eau de l'Artisan!!!!.

So, continuing in the joy of discovery through samples, am spending the evening in swampy, sexy, berried Route du Vétiver - which may replace my only other (Vetyver Haiti) as fave. Totally different and I am lusting......KBE, you are one devious dealer....!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Parfumerie Generale Querelle

citrus, black caraway, myrrh, cinnamon, Haitian vetiver, incense, oakmoss, ambergris

Last edited by pluran; 31st May 2008 at 01:30 AM.

Taolady, how funny! But wow, what a lovely compliment you lucky thing! Your L'eau de l'Artisan must smell quite lovely on you!

I too got an unexpected compliment of my sampling of Iris Poudre today. The bf (without ANY prompting) told me how good I smelt! Now the Iris Poudre is going into serious consideration after its 'maybe' judgement earlier in the day! Haha

Oh yes, the girl I was sitting next to at dinner smelt just DIVINE! I asked her what she was wearing and turns out it was M by Mariah Carey. I've sniffed this before and was not impressed. It simply smelt GORGEOUS on her last night at dinner.

Vetiver Babylone from the Armani Prive Line.
    Gary

DKNY Delicious Night
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

going to sleep in Vamp - cotton candy over clean musk, like a fluffy treat that's not too sweet
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache