Code of Conduct

Default The fragrance it took you the most time to locate/acquire it was...

Well,mine was Santos Eau De Sport.It took me about two years to find a (rationally priced ) bottle online.Totally unsniffed buy,mind you.I was indrigued of its name/band and its scarcity.A quality item indeed,but even to my unwilling-to be-trained nose,the green accords left a kind of impression ''been there,done that''.

What about you?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: The fragrance it took you the most time to locate/acquire it was...

It's a toss up. Shiseido's Tactics, which I finally tracked down on a business trip to Tokyo; the other, Santos eau de Sport, I found a mini online after a very long search. I eventually sold the Tactics and the Santos Sport smells too much like deodorant soap to me. I guess the fun is in the search and not the treasure, right?
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 30th May 2008 at 07:00 PM.

Guerlain Spirituese Double Vanille. Came from a different continent, through someone else, from a store, in a parcel with macaroni and cheese.

I had a hard time finding Pucci's Vivara for Men ... its been out of production for almost 30 years, so I wasn't in any hurry!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

An original GIT

No seriously.

I had a hard time trying to get a cheap bottle of havana and a NIB M7 Fresh.

cheap havana?! havana is worth every cent at $1/ml. but i don't blame you for trying

Basenotes Institution

Feuille Verte by Creed
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by zr0e View Post
    cheap havana?! havana is worth every cent at $1/ml. but i don't blame you for trying
    In fact that 7 ml. miniature bottles can often be found pretty cheap here in Europe. Couple of months ago I got me three (makes 21 ml.) for €12,- which is not bad at all, considering the outrageous prices they tend to ask for a 1.7 oz bottle on eBay.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Havana, looked high and low, found a stash within 3 miles of my home. 2 bottles of edt later, i'm set. found it at a perfume kiosk in one of those indoor flea markets. 3 years of looking.

Dukes of Pall Mall Cotswold EdT. And then one day it sat there on ebay and nobody wanted it, but me .
    Still looking for Belgravia, though.
    Currently wearing: Mellis by Annette Neuffer

Penhaligon's LPNo9 For Him.

Fell in love with it in '06 when living in Australia.
    Moved to Denmark, where it couldn't be found.
    Learned Penhaligon's deleted it from their portfolio.
    Called mum in AU to hunt a bottle down, and she had to have one shipped from out of state.
    She sent the package which was held by Danish customs for EIGHT WEEKS.

Managed to secure one more 50ml bottle from the internet for self-indulgent teeny-weeny spritzes, when my current one is finished.

Basenotes Institution

Annick Goutal Eau du Fier

Almost bought a bottle 7 years ago in France - but didn't. Then when I decided I had to have it, it had been discontinued. Got a bottle from Annick Goutal in Rotterdam.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Jean Patou Caline parfum. Searched high and low at all the shops I know, none to be found; the EDT was online at one store for about $500 - I think it was a 2 oz bottle - and I was seriously considering purchasing after searching for several years to no avail.

By happenstance I found a full bottle of pure parfum online ($95) at an antique store that specializes in perfume bottles.

There is something to be said for being content with easy to acquire fragrances. But it sure is wonderful on occasion to be able to wear the obscure and exclusive!

im not as harcore and niche-y as y'all but mine would be
    the dior colognes.
    i don't get to go out out much as in los angeles far (1 hour away)
    so...yeah ironically i got my first dior cologne in Paris....
    the second in New york...
    the 3rd.....is in the process....most likely LA!
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

mkk by lutens
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

M7 took me 6 months to find in Miami. Kors took me forever to find at a decent price, but my dad's store had a couple bottles and he didnt tell me.

I have loads of santos eau de sport for sale if neone wants...
    Creed- Windsor (All-time favorite)
    Creed- GIT (signature)
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin (fav gourmand)
    Creed-Aventus (biggest compliment getter)
    Serge Lutens- Arabie,Fumerie Turque, Chergui
    MFK-Lumiere Noire (fav mysterious scent)
    Santos de Cartier-Fav 80's
    Creed Spice & Wood

DK Fuel and Montale Deluziont were such a pain to get, but they were well worth it.

Blog Entries

Not a specific bottle, but a specific scent:

A nice, dry, slightly sweet cedar, and oh so slightly menthol. Like opening a good cedar chest.

It's a frag that I've been looking for for nearly 20 years. With no luck. But the dry down of Dzing! comes pretty close - if only it didn't have all the circus play upfront.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

My bottle of Balafre from Lancome. My friend Catherine is the responsable/ manager of the l'Institut Lancome make-up/fragrance (retail) area, in Paris, and she told me it was back-ordered, and would send it out to me as soon as available. It took almost a year, but i finally had it. I do not even know if they still make the scent; it was a masculine, but in my opinion more of a unisex.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Original Santos
    Currently wearing: Pi Fraiche by Givenchy

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by sshak13 View Post
    M7 took me 6 months to find in Miami. Kors took me forever to find at a decent price, but my dad's store had a couple bottles and he didnt tell me.
    I had been near the end of my 75ml bottle of Michael Kors for Men for about 8 months, and was just not running across a replacement bottle anywhere. I probably could have replaced it with an online purchase a lot sooner, but I'm still a bit unsure about the quality available in the big online stores. I finally found a good supply of 75ml and 125ml bottles at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills.

OK, I'm a dope. I could have gone right to the source for this:
    http://www.michaelkors.com/store/cat...Id=prod2860001

It was actually slightly cheaper at Neiman Marcus.

I'm still looking for a place in Los Angeles that carries M7. It might take a little while.

40 Love by Jean Desprez took at least eight years to find on line, so I now have the balance of my first bottle bought who knows how long, and now this one. A feelihng of accomplishment.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I had been near the end of my 75ml bottle of Michael Kors for Men for about 8 months, and was just not running across a replacement bottle anywhere. I probably could have replaced it with an online purchase a lot sooner, but I'm still a bit unsure about the quality available in the big online stores. I finally found a good supply of 75ml and 125ml bottles at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills.

OK, I'm a dope. I could have gone right to the source for this:
    http://www.michaelkors.com/store/cat...Id=prod2860001

It was actually slightly cheaper at Neiman Marcus.

I'm still looking for a place in Los Angeles that carries M7. It might take a little while.
    FYI - I have seen Michael for Men at Burlington Coat Factory stores - if you have any of them in your area.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Havana. It's just a pity it quickly fell from grace...

At this point, for me it was Yatagan. Not because it is so hard to find on line, it isn't. I just wanted a 50ml. Almost impossible. Ordered a 50ml and was sent a 125ml instead and am glad to have it. My SO loves it and wears it regularly so it was a serendipitously pleasant purchase!
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Egoiste Concentree. One of my rare blind buys. I was and still am blown away about how much better it is than Egoiste. I never will spray Egoiste as long as Egoiste Concentree is there to spray. Egoiste Concentree belongs in the same company as Patou Pour Homme. Just a smidge behind Patou.
    CURRENT WINTER ROTATION
    Sicilian Vanilla Attar by Rising Phoenix Perfumery
    Musk Rose by Rising Phoenix Perfumery
    Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi
    Ummagumma by Bruno Fazzorlari
    Siberian Musk by Areej le Doré
    Ottoman Empire by Areej le Doré
    Homage by Amouage
    Nankun Kodo by Sultan Pasha
    Fragrant Harbour Supreme by Imperial Oud