Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: like Creed or Hate em

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hate em!!!

32 32.00%
  • Like em!!!

68 68.00%

Default Fight Club !! to creed or not to creed!! :)

its voting time! you either love creed or hate creed? no neutral opinion!!

personally, i cant vote since i haven't got a chance to sniff one as yet, the himalaya tht i got turned out to be a fake - darn!

Btw - your votes wont be visible to others!! this is just a poll! no bashing please!!
    Last edited by jenson; 30th May 2008 at 06:18 PM.

Default Re: Fight Club !! to creed or not to creed!! :)

You should add an option of being "indifferent." Love / hate is kinda too extreme.

well thts the point, wiht all the creed bashin here. it kinda makes the whole house look like a who## house. well every brand has their good ones and bad ones...its just a humble attempt to see how many would pay that price and have least 1-2 scents from this house as a staple...

i know i would if i get a better version of unforgivable. but ill reserve my two cents until i test em...

Ok, I'll throw the first punch.

"Hate" is a strong word, but at the risk of ruffling some feathers, I'll proudly announce I have NO LOVE for these scents. This, despite working with the brand a number of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    You should add an option of being "indifferent." Love / hate is kinda too extreme.
    Yeah.

As with any (perfume) house, you'll always have a musty old basement (Chypre Musc) or something in the attic that's falling apart (Erolfa).

But the kitchen is state-of-the-art (GIT), the dining room is pristine (Bois du Portugal) )and the landscaping (Neroli Sauvage) is to die for.

Don't love or hate 'em; personally avoiding due to price.

I love a few, I hate a few, and I'm indifferent to the rest.

Blog Entries

Don't care one way or the other.

But am beginning to hate the endless

threads on Creed.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

^ :toppie:

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Don't care one way or the other.

But am beginning to hate the endless
    threads on Creed.
    really sorry to step on your toe buddy..i know, two creed threads back to back...

Creed is great. I wore SMW yesterday and my wife went on about how great it is...today I'm in Himalaya, and it rocks as well.

Some are obviously better than others...

I was sure i would love creed. Now that i have a job allowing me to buy (lot of ) niches, i ve tried a lot of them..

Except bdp, which i found very nice but not amazing (8/10), most of them really disappointed me.

also not much projection and longevity on my skin with most of them. Another problem, with most of them (specially himalay, MI, smw, royal water,) i have kind of a baby's powder strong dry down

I m way more fond of MPG and SL. or even Bonnd no 9 , since i recently felt in love with silver factory.
    Last edited by Roc_Xel; 30th May 2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

I love the ones I have experience with:

Original Vetiver
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tabarome

Love Creed, Hate the price.

Can I pick both? I am not neutral on them at all!
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I love a few, I hate a few, and I'm indifferent to the rest.
    This is a very rational view.

Most people probably feel this way about almost every house out there.

I'm a fan of Creed, but not a "fan-boy". They make some great ones, some good ones, and some...not so much. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER HOUSE!

I still have not been able to figure out why they engender so much hate. It's just a fragrance house!

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    I was sure i would love creed. Now that i have a job allowing me to buy (lot of ) niches, i ve tried a lot of them..

Except bdp, which i found very nice but not amazing (8/10), most of them really disappointed me.

also not much projection and longevity on my skin with most of them. Another problem, with most of them (specially himalay, MI, smw, royal water,) i have kind of a baby's powder strong dry down

I m way more fond of MPG and SL. or even Bonnd no 9 , since i recently felt in love with silver factory.
    well said! incidently i loved unforgivable just for its drydown...the same "baby's powder" effect i found it very musky and comforting...

thnx a lot all for givin ur opinions

Atrac - you should be a diplomat!

and dimitri...with the new purchases up your sleeve, im not surprised!! just kiddin, interesting to see none of it made a mark for you. i mean in your opinion none of them is a classic..like say a opium or gentleman kinds...tht says a lot..

and chuck...i have the SMW, GV, Erolfa and GIT coming my way in few (thanx to RJRober and Finsfan)...glad to see you enjoyed SMW and himalaya
    Last edited by jenson; 30th May 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    This is a very rational view.

Most people probably feel this way about almost every house out there.

I'm a fan of Creed, but not a "fan-boy". They make some great ones, some good ones, and some...not so much. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER HOUSE!

I still have not been able to figure out why they engender so much hate. It's just a fragrance house!
    I agree.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

don 't hate, don 't love Creed but completely indifferent to it.

Creed is all I ever need.

I own
    Vintage Tabarome
    Original Vetiver
    BdP

I like alot of Creed stuff but love these three.

I Just like frags that smell good to me and work with my personality and chemistry.
    I own inexpensive designer frags as well expensive niche stuff. Creed is just another House....but a very good one IMO.

Sur la Plage

There are some Creeds I like, and there are some Creeds I do not like. But the ones I like, I REALLY like.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I find Creed's market "positioning" to be obnoxious and somewhat pretentious, but I can't say I "hate" Creed. I like Tabarome Millesime, in fact.

I am always puzzled by the amount of fanaticism, both pro and con, that they inspire. And I am pretty tired of all the threads about it... seems like a lot of people looking for fights.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

To whoever asked why there's so much hatred of this house, my guess is that it has to do with their often ridiculous pomp and marketing strategy, as well as being a reaction to how much people rave about them, and how many threads are started about them.

Their marketing suggests truly or falsely that you've had 8 generations of master genius perfumers who, for all that time have been the go to guys for nobility and film superstars who want their personal custom made fragrances.

What I find funniest are some of the obnoxious publicity stunts, like presenting pope Benedict with a new fragrance made just for him! Did they just send it to his P.O. box? Will he ever even know he got it, never mind use it? Is it even kosher to use it in the first place?

But anyhow, I can see what some people don't like about the fragrances, but they're among my favourites, and this remains true the more fragrances I try out. In fact, whereas I was rather underwhelmed by them at first since I was expecting manna from heaven with all the raving, at the end of the day, I'm appreciating them more and more. They're not usually the most interesting things ever concieved, but many of them are some of the best from start to finish, contrasted to other houses who have more original and creative fragrances, but who have unpleasant drydown phases, or openings, etc.

LOVE:
    Orange Spice
    Silver Mountain Water
    Bois du Portugal
    Millesime Imperial
    Green Irish Tweed
    Virgin Island Water

LIKE ALOT:
    Himalaya
    Original Vetiver
    Royal Water
    Chevrefeuille Original
    Tabarome Millesime
    Original Santal

INDIFFERENT:
    Jasmal
    Royal English Leather
    Neroli Sauvage
    Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie

DISLIKE:
    Vintage Tabarome
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 30th May 2008 at 08:58 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Creed, clean up your distribution, and that goes for Annick Goutal, too!

I don't "hate" Creed, I just think that it's much ado about an over-hyped brand.

I don't own any Creeds, I don't feel a lack in my life and unless they produce something that knocks my socks off, I can't see that ever changing.

Over-rated, over-priced and over-hyped by perfumistos.

Blog Entries

overrated cheesy rubbish for the masses.

f*ck creed!

I love the Creed scents that I have, which total 8. Others in the line I do not love, but see the niceness in them. I wish the price-point were lower, specially the Private collection, but I still find that I have love for Creed
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Blog Entries

As a noob, I found Creed intimidating at first, later intriguing, and disappointing when I finally tried them. But after my first tests dried down wonderfully, with huge longevity, I gave them another chance, and found one I really liked (Orig. Santal). Now, I've arrived at the point of reason. Love a few. Hate a few. The rest are OK or so-so. But I also see how they have their own unique style, much as other niche houses do. If that style is a close match for somebody's taste, it's easy to see how one could become a fanboy/fangirl.

Still, the cheat-sheet listing which celebs own which frags strikes me as tacky, but market-savvy.

Most of my life is the gorgeous 'in between'
    Emotions like love and hate never lasted when perfumes were the subject.
    Within these limits: I 'love' Bois du PortugaI. Full stop.
    Last edited by narcus; 31st May 2008 at 06:07 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

61 members participated in this poll. interesting outcome.

Thnx to everyone who participated.

There is a lot of beauty to be found in the Creed house... I voted "like 'em"

I have two questions....the first one is why put "hate em" before "like em"....and the second one is....why use "hate em" which is such an extreme emotion, and "like em" which is not as powerful as "love em"?

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I have two questions....the first one is why put "hate em" before "like em"....and the second one is....why use "hate em" which is such an extreme emotion, and "like em" which is not as powerful as "love em"?

well, i felt there was/is lot of hatred for this brand..people dont even blink before they curse...and why use the word "like"? because i got a feeling that this was probably a brand which was only liked by few and not really reverred except for few people like sampler mike and others i cant recall now...but this poll changes everthing. theres a clear majority of people here who are happy shellin out those hard earned $$$'s on these "likable" scents.

Creed was my 'introduction' to niche perfumery (although whether they still belong to that category is questionable to some). I stumbled upon the house completely randomly without knowing anything about it, and thought most of what I tried very nice, and a few heavenly. Admittingly this is in comparison to new mainstream scents, but for the lovely first impression I always have a soft spot for Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Nothing gets a reaction like polarizing positions.

I also put "Like 'Em."

I don't like all of them. The ones that I like, I REALLY like. The ones I don't like are 'meh' or just not my style.

As others have said, I think that's typical of every house.

Like 'Em!!

I like the following:
    Vintage Tabarome - (really love it!)
    Millesime Tabarome - (I enjoy it - easy wearing fragrance for the office)
    BdP - (love this during the winter)
    Himalaya - (used to wear it a lot, but now not so much, but still like it)

The remainders of what I've tried... either so-so or not at all. So many just disappear on me quickly.

What I would like to try:
    Feuille Verte
    Angélique Encens
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Shouldn't it be "like em" or "dislike em"?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Yes, Creed's marketing is pretentious, as are the many "legends" about who wears/wore them, who they were made for, and so on.

Many of the scents are quite good; a few are outstanding. The prices are a bit outrageous, but there's some pretty mediocre stuff out there that's also outrageously expensive, and many of us still buy at those prices.

Still, the question is about whether people generally like or dislike the totality of the offering, and on the whole, I'd have to say Creed is one of the better niche-type houses, in spite of some distasteful snobbery.

BTW, I don't think that scents in and of themselves confer cachet (though I do appreciate good taste), so that's not an issue for me. If others love Creed because they believe that you can buy cachet, it's their concern, not mine.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 3rd June 2008 at 05:57 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Cool Re: Fight Club !! to creed or not to creed!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    To whoever asked why there's so much hatred of this house, my guess is that it has to do with their often ridiculous pomp and marketing strategy, as well as being a reaction to how much people rave about them, and how many threads are started about them.

Their marketing suggests truly or falsely that you've had 8 generations of master genius perfumers who, for all that time have been the go to guys for nobility and film superstars who want their personal custom made fragrances.

What I find funniest are some of the obnoxious publicity stunts, like presenting pope Benedict with a new fragrance made just for him! Did they just send it to his P.O. box? Will he ever even know he got it, never mind use it? Is it even kosher to use it in the first place?

-I dunno.
    Could we fake Vatican stationary, a bit of Latin, Pope Benedict's signature, and ask for a dozen bottles of Feuille Verte? Tell Creed to send them care of GRANT.

Oliver might think our administrator's name is an acronym for a charity.

Which, come to think how much time he puts into this site . . .

I prophesy a raffle.

Gaius, the only thing you forgot is Creed's " I'm so natural hype. "
    They've never even heard of synthetic substitutes.
    It's terrible to think how many horses must die each year to create a single drop of Royal English Leather.

btw, I voted I like Creeds.

My list:

LOVE
    Vintage Tabarome ( Would you really care to fight, old sport? )
    Himalaya ( Tap dancing in heaven )
    Royal English Leather ( For those formal, wintertime, "let's bitch about linear scents" gatherings.)
    Acier Aluminium ( Bottled decadence)
    Erolfa ( Only by the seashore, but magnificent there.)
    Sélection Verte (Forest Mint)

LIKE:

Cyprès-Musc
    Epicéa
    Original Vetiver
    Vétiver by Creed

CAN'T SEE WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT:

Bois du Portugal
    Green Irish Tweed
    Millésime Impérial
    Royal Water
    Tabaróme Millésime