Code of Conduct

Default Creed Green Valley

I take note when I join a small gathering of friends, and everyone notices a fragrance I wear, in a good way. ESPECIALLY when I've just barely dabbed it on pulse points out of a tester. I have only had unanimous praise for a few fragrances, including Hermes Jardin Sur le Nil, Bulgari Aqua, and just today, SURPRISINGLY, with Green Valley. You'd have to have been there to believe it. I joined a few friends to talk and sit around the table eating snacks and catching up and basically shooting the breeze and suddenly about 10 minutes in one friend said, "wow, you smell amazing Anthony!" And slowly everyone else agreed fervently. The only reason I've really been wearing it lately is becuase Jensen (basenotes member) asked me about it. It's easy to forget about but it is really a stunningly beautiful green scent. It has moments of Jolly Rancher candy, countered with beautiful grass and mint reveries which whisk the wearer across a beautiful green landscape interspersed with trees and wildflowers. It's beautiful! Crisp and masculine.

I've been reading a lot of anti-Creed rhetoric lately and really, to each his own. Here is the place for opinions, but I've not met a Creed I thought smelled horrible, and all have this lovely simplicity, a breeziness, and this is no exception, though it's often overlooked. If there were any doubt, my one friend, a girl, said, "you can tell a man has entered our apartment. It's very sexy but so crisp and clean!" I kid ya not. I was surprised because I never considered it very manly but in that clean, fresh, crisp, green way, it really is! No one really talks about Green Valley, well, relatively speaking, and I find it one of the more beautiful Creeds available. I rarely get overt compliments, let alone from an entire group (and I only dabbed it on with my finger tips, NO LIE ) so I thought I'd share with everyone here my experience with this lovely fragrance!!! If anything I'd love to encourage more people who are sampling Creed through the more popular fragrances of the line to extend it one more to include the lovely Green Valley. Anyone else? Likes, dislikes? p.s. it does not remind me of Fahrenheit.
    Last edited by nthny; 31st May 2008 at 02:59 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Creed Green Valley

I instantly liked it when I sampled it last year.

It's one of those Creed's I always forget about, but it's crisp grass accord is unmistakable and quite original. I usually lean towards the Guerlain AA's to get my garden, grass fix - but GV and it's more austere and sophisticated take on it impressed me.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I haven't tested GV in months. Will need to give it a try again...

This is one of my favorite Creeds. Great staying power on me also. This is one Creed that I will always have in my collection.
    Gary

Its a well put together frag - sweet, green, minty - but for some reason I don't wear it much. Its just like a good looking well-educated girl from a decent upper middle class family who for some mysterious reason has trouble finding dates.
    -

It's on my list of things to try. Looking forward to it.

I absolutely agree...GV is a Creed stand-out; I sampled a couple sprays on my wrists for the first time months ago, and 17 hrs. later, when I woke up, I still smelt it. I love that sweet, sharp note(mint?) that singles GV out from the usual suspects...and the unbelievable longevity for a Creed make GV a secret favorite.

I'm a fan of Green Valley. I thought it was good, but had relegated it to daytime wearing status just because it's green. Then one night I wore it to nightclub and I was so glad I did. I got a couple of compliments and felt very good wearing it. Since that night, I've realized that this one is an excellent choice for an evening scent. If anyone finds it underwhelming, try giving it a chance to shine on a bigger stage.

This one changes a lot into the drydown and as the patchouli and sandalwood come into the picture, it reminds me of bits of Montale's Lime Aoud's drydown-- though more laid back.

Also the mint in this is terrific. As a bartender, I make a lot of mojitos with fresh mint, and Green Valley really nails that freshness. It's an underrated scent for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Its a well put together frag - sweet, green, minty - but for some reason I don't wear it much. Its just like a good looking well-educated girl from a decent upper middle class family who for some mysterious reason has trouble finding dates.
    hahahah! That's hilarious, but I think right on! Thanks everyone for responding I wore it again last night and was a little unsure of its drydown, that is, it seemed a little tiny teeny bit harsh, like the end of 212 by Herrera or something... but that was several hours after application.
    Last edited by nthny; 31st May 2008 at 06:22 PM.

I bit melancholic, but a really good scent. There is a faint resemblance to Fahrenheit -which I dislike- but it's not strong enough to spoil it. Not a complex scent, straightforward in development, the drydown is green and herbal. I love it.
    Last edited by Sandy; 31st May 2008 at 08:44 PM.

I'm pretty sure GV figures amoung my neglected Creed decants...gotta go and check...yep!...almost 10 ml! It'll have to wait as tonight I'm sampling Declaration ("Essence" version). I was on a sniffing spree earlier in the afternoon.

i wonder why this Creed never gets mentioned....

i know!

have you guys geard about the new Green Valley Millesime Imperiale Silver Water Tweed?
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

For me, this was a great summer fragrance for about four years. Still love it, but have taken a break from it for now. It is wonderful.

I liked it.
    Really calm and pleasant.
    The patchouli on the dry down is not headshop type either.
    Pleasant and green, all the way thru.
    Just slightly too feminine for me.

as always, great review Nthny!

Yep,I really liked the samp I recieved. Used it up pretty quick. 4oz in the mail any day now!

akdeluxe

Hmm, I'll definitely have to put this on my next samples list.....

I agree, this is an excellent scent and one of my favorite Creed fragrances. I too wonder why it doesn't get mentioned more often. It lasts a long time and the description on the Creed website of it being inspired by the countryside in summertime is actually quite fitting in my opinion. I especially like the mint and blackcurrant in this one!

I have to test it again, but today I will buy Himalaya :-)

Well, it is nice to hear good things about a frag. I am about to use. I just bought a "flacon" of GV. Sniffed it years ago and decided to go with SMW and later GIT. Hope it works for me.

It smells good, not great. Also, smells a bit cheap to me due to the mint.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I love GV.. it's on my list of "must buys." Definitely one that can be overlooked but is really quite nice.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

This stuff is horrible to me. The combination of black currants and violet leaf, two scents I discovered I had an intense dislike for in SMW and GIT respectively, is repulsive to me. These ingredients both share a certain "high frequency" shrillness that I can't stand.

I bought and sold two bottles of this on my way to discovering my dislike for violets. One of a small handful of Creeds I don't like much along with the violet infested GIT (although I respect GIT much more than GV).
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

well, maybe the whether here in india is suitable for these kinda scents...this just sparkles clean green accords on a hot Summer afternoon/evenings alike...can't do anything about dislike for Violets cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    well, maybe the whether here in india is suitable for these kinda scents...this just sparkles clean green accords on a hot Summer afternoon/evenings alike...can't do anything about dislike for Violets cheers..
    Of course not . If you like the violet in GIT, the blackcurrant in SMW and green muskyness with a light mint then GV valley is for you.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I've owned it twice...meh...

Green Valley was the 3rd Creed that I really liked....I would say that GIT is my favorite Creed,,,,and Tabarome is my #2 (not the Vintage Tabarome).....Green Valley would be #3 for me from the Creed family....Great scents for sure.
    Gary

Hello,
    I just bought a 75 ml bottle of Green Valley. It smells good, the box looks ok, but it doesn't have the lot number on it. Same with the bottle itself, no lot number. Is it fake, of is the any chance, that they have put the juice into the bottles without this number. Maybe it has something to do with the fact, that it has been discontinued? Any help?

Jan

If it smells good, I wouldn't worry about the serial number.

Had it and traded it. Somewhat regret it. Btw, this obsession with lot numbers has gotten a little out of control.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I am a big, big fan. On my second bottle now. One of Creed's best, one of the best green, grassy florals ever. Cinematic, even. Buy now, before it's all gone from the market. Still readily available online. Won't be for much longer. Get two bottles, and keep the second one for investment value. You'll want to liberally enjoy the first one. It's lovely stuff.

I've been eager to try this fragrance for some time...

I wouldn't say it is readily available. The only ones you can find are either 1 oz bottles or testers.

Great fragrance, sad to see it go.

There's a tester at my local Sak's but the SA won't sell it to me even though they don't stock the fragrance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    There's a tester at my local Sak's but the SA won't sell it to me even though they don't stock the fragrance anymore.
    Try Beautyencounter if you want a tester. They have 2.5 oz's available, but I can't say I want a tester since it would be a blind by as is.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Try Beautyencounter if you want a tester. They have 2.5 oz's available, but I can't say I want a tester since it would be a blind by as is.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I'd really like to at least see a batch code to see how long it's been setting. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    That's annoying. You should go there everyday and douse yourself with it until it's empty, that'll show em.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    That's annoying. You should go there everyday and douse yourself with it until it's empty, that'll show em.
    Agree

You should go there everyday and douse yourself with it until it's empty, that'll show em.
    LOL...

Or, maybe tell them you'll buy a flacon of something if they will throw in the Green Valley bottle.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i never heard of green valley by creed until now

how did i not know of it lol

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

Probably because it's been out of production for a while now and often isn't listed on the usual Creed sites.

It's a great fragrance, though....like a grassy MI. It always puts me in a good mood when I wear it, probably because it makes me feel like I'm out on the golf course in the summertime, with the grassy smells all around.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post

Smells like a soapier version of GIT. I wouldn't say it's better, but if you like GIT chances are you'll like Green Valley.

A basenoter was kind enough to send me a sample of GV a while ago. I loved it, but I got told I smelt like antiseptic...

Haven't had the opportunity to try this one yet. Will have to take a trip to the Creed Boutique.

I went in to my local Holt-Renfrew at Xmas and was browsing the Creed counter. There were several tester bottles of discontinued frags, including Aubepine-Acacia and Green Valley. This teasing actually puts me off, so I had the SA search high and low for any format of either scent, knowing full well she wouldn't find any. In the end I suggested that they be removed to avoid future unpleasantness.

actually Green Valley is my most favourite of all Creed's. its smells better than Silver MW or even Imperial Millesime
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme