Or, "Purple Passion"
This installment showcases 88 bottles in various shades & accents of purple.
Group Play: This contest is going to be an experiment, a little different from the previous ones. We'll see how it goes! Read on for details.
For the image below, each contestant is challenged to name a minimum of one fragrance and a maximum of five fragrances, by responding to this thread. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be chosen at random. The more bottles you name, the more "tickets" you'll have in the prize lottery.
Click on the image below to view it full-size (1280 x 960):
- If your browser resizes the picture to fit your window, the bottles will not be as easy to see.
- Give as much detail as you can (gender, special editions, etc.).
- There may be clues in this thread, as well as search suggestions in the other bottle contest threads linked below.
- Submit your answers by posting to this thread. Indicate the Row # and bottle position. You may post multiple responses to this thread until you have named 5 bottles. (Do not send answers via PM.)
- You must name the house and the fragrance for your answer to count. Details that distinguish one bottle from others in the same line should be included. (Example: CK One Summer 2005 is a different bottle than CK One Summer 2007. "CK One Summer" would be an incomplete answer.) If you don't see your answer on the master list, I'm looking for more detail.
- If some bottles remain unnamed toward the end, I'll open up the contest to allow more guesses per person.
- I will keep updating the master list to reflect the bottles that have been named, but a review of the previous posts may help before you submit your answers.
6:01p.m. (CDT - US), Wednesday, June 11, 2008 => 12:01a.m. GMT, June 12.
Who Can Play:
Anyone who became a Basenotes member prior to June 1, 2008. Previous winners are also invited to participate.
The only criterion is that your answers list both the house & fragrance for each bottle you name. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be chosen at random. The more bottles you name, the more "tickets" you'll have in the prize lottery.
For 1st place: a $50 (USD) gift certificate to one of the following
- BeautyHabit.com (gift certificate via email)
- ThePerfumedCourt.com (gift certificate via email, but having trouble with this option lately)
- Sephora.com (gift certificate via email)
- ThePerfumeShoppe.com (physical gift card mailed within Canada?)
- Another e-tailer of your choice that offers gift certificates via email
- I'm open to other options for Basenoters outside the U.S. (e.g., Aus Liebe zum Duft)
For 2nd place: Asprey Purple Water, 1.7oz., donated by an_oud_girl, winner of the light blue bottle contest (thank you!) :wave:
Top Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Jacaranda.
Middle Notes: Orange Flower, Basil, White Ginger
Base Notes: Pepper, Vetiver, Musk.
(a nice summer scent!)
For 3rd place:
A selection of purple-themed carded samples (which shall remain nameless, since many of them appear in the contest image).
Please let me know if you have any questions!