Default Re: Name at least ONE Bottle! Contest #6: Porphyrophilia

Row 2 #11 Dessange
    ( crosses fingers )

Row 7 Bottle #2

L'Artisan Extrait de Songe

Found the dog:

Row 4 - 3 Baby Gund Spunky Lavender - Baby Gund.

Ydee, I'm looking for a slightly different answer, but that would be 6 for you.

To paraphrase Bender from The Breakfast Club, if you guess 6, they'll all guess 6 -- it'll be ANARCHY!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Tang, if the contest comes to an end and there are unnamed bottles remaining, are you going to give a chance to people who have already met their quota of 5 to name them?

Quote Originally Posted by anamari View Post
    Tang, if the contest comes to an end and there are unnamed bottles remaining, are you going to give a chance to people who have already met their quota of 5 to name them?
    Yes -- I offered that in the first post, so I'll follow through if that's how things go. I'm hoping most of the ones that remain can be identified by then, though! I might open it up Friday or Saturday, but I'm mulling over the fairest way to do it, since the Australians & Europeans would have a headstart.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by tang; 4th June 2008 at 03:43 PM.

I think the only fair way to do it so everyone has an equal chance is to advertise a time (sort of in the middle so that everyone can participate) and then let it be kind of like an auction and whoever gets the answer in first, gets it. That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Hello Tang,

I think I got Row 3 position 4: VALERIA by Valeria Mazza (1998 Ladies).

(Edited)
    Last edited by mira187; 4th June 2008 at 05:37 PM.

Another one as well... row 2 position 12: Regines for men - Regines.

Mira

This time Im cutting Mira off at the pass!

Row 7, #12 is "FUJIYAMA DEEP PURPLE" by Success de Paris

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Ydee, I'm looking for a slightly different answer, but that would be 6 for you.

To paraphrase Bender from The Breakfast Club, if you guess 6, they'll all guess 6 -- it'll be ANARCHY!
    Gif the name to someone needs it and do not have 5, o kay.
    Last edited by ydee; 4th June 2008 at 08:56 PM.

Only 9 to go? Yippee!

I agree that all people should NOT go over 5, thus making the whole game a strategic assignment. How about counting "Two for one" for the last bottles, i.e. everybody who names one remaining bottle out of the LAST 10 bottles get twice as much points as people who named the easy ones in the beginning? I know it is taking chances, but I think it is only fair. What do you guys think?

OK, welcome Mira! Are you (by any chance?) related to Dimi?

Quote Originally Posted by ydee View Post
    Found the dog:

Row 4 - 3 Baby Gund Spunky Lavender - Baby Gund.
    I don't have five yet, and I spotted this before I saw Ydee's post, so I'll post that Row 4 #3 is babyGund Purple by babyGund (2006)

I wish somebody would get the last bottle - row 7 no. 13, because I know I've seen this, and can't place where, and its driving me nuts!

Hello Twolf,
    Yes, Dimitri is my hubby who manages to spend more time here than I. But after his Aqua Shock victory some weeks ago, I decided I too would try my hand at identifying these new bottles. I can now say is its a lot harder than I may have first given him credit for. I am working from the laptop while he uses the stationary PC. I don't think he has quite come to terms with the fact we're 2-1 in my favor right now. lol

I knew! Forza Mira!

Bumpity bump again!

Some of you may remember the teaser we had long time ago about the scent in a Purple bottle you can wear around your neck.

The last one on row 7 is called Mon Ame, right?
    By Ybry
    Last edited by darkdreams; 6th June 2008 at 06:06 PM.

Row 6, # 8: Flowers Purple by Gilles Cantuel

Blog Entries

Bump! Bump! I've identified a bottle that has yet to be named, and thought I'd borrow from another thread here on BN to offer up some clues (house and name). Tang gave her kind permission, so here it goes:

Guess the fragrance by the picture and win a lottery ticket!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Along with an_oud_girl's picture clue for one of the bottles, there has also been a clue for Row 6, bottle 5, and a pointer to one of Twolf's Teasers for a bottle that can be worn around the neck.

If you have already guessed 5 bottles, you may guess ONE additional bottle starting exactly 12 hours from the time of this post. I hope that time frame is workable for anyone who wants to jump in.

Anyone who has not yet identified 5 bottles may post new guesses at any time.

Good luck!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Row seven, number four -- is it L' Heure Bleue by Guerlain?

Deleted. Misunderstood the time when I could post. Too much festivities last night, I suppose
    Last edited by Riannon; 10th June 2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Misunderstood the message ::bangs head::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Hi there!
    is Row 7 # 3 Private by Franck Olivier?

I thought row 7, # 4 was Orchid by Renaud.

From the Rago Arts and Auction Centre: ""Orchid," a CRISTALLERIES DE NANCY miniature perfume bottle for Renaud, circa 1920s, in opaque purple and black crystal, with label. Ht. 2 in (5 cm)"

Row 6.5 - Les Jardins de Caterina for Women by Lorenzo d' Medici

These last 6 have been killing me. Is the 5th on 6th row Les Jardins de Caterina by Lorenzo de Medici?

Edit: Oops anamari got it first Well done! Was there as similar bottle in the blue contest? Looks familiar.
    Last edited by jillsy; 10th June 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Another guess. Row 6 # 9 - maybe it is Tailspin by Lucien Lelong "Gyroscope" presentation???
    Row 6 # 5 it looks like Royal Doulton Ltd Edition...

Quote Originally Posted by mahanta View Post
    Hi there!
    is Row 7 # 3 Private by Franck Olivier?
    Yes! But I can't give you a ticket, mahanta, since the rules state that players are to have joined Basenotes prior to June 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    I thought row 7, # 4 was Orchid by Renaud.

From the Rago Arts and Auction Centre: ""Orchid," a CRISTALLERIES DE NANCY miniature perfume bottle for Renaud, circa 1920s, in opaque purple and black crystal, with label. Ht. 2 in (5 cm)"
    Yes!

Row 6.5 - Les Jardins de Caterina for Women by Lorenzo d' Medici
    Yes! And there was a similar bottle by the same house in the Light Blue contest, jillsy.

3 down, 3 to go.
    Last edited by tang; 10th June 2008 at 03:41 PM.

A more complete picture of Row 6, Bottle 9:

Shall we wrap this up? Once again, starting exactly 12 hours from the time of this post, any player who already has 5+ guesses can guess any/all of the final three bottles. No limits, let's knock this out of the park.

Any other player who became a member of Basenotes prior to June 1, 2008, may submit guesses from now until the deadline.

And anyone else who would like to post clues to help others guess -- feel free!
    Last edited by tang; 11th June 2008 at 02:32 AM.

And the final three bottles are:

Row 3, Bottle 3: Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk Blue Moon
    Row 3, Bottle 11: Pascal Shaller Caine
    Row 6, Bottle 9: Creation Lamis Black Light

Thank you so much to everyone who participated!

I've been a little distracted by tornado sirens and neighborhood flooding tonight, so I will plan on drawing and announcing the winners tomorrow, a.s.a.p.

Tang, hope everything is OK with the bad weather up in your area.

Just wanted to tell you that this contest was particularly fun and those last three totally challenging. You are a whiz at finding these beauties. I am curious which is the one that Twolf loves and in the picture puzzle I see the guipure (I kept thinking lace), the silk, and the moon but the first two pictures, what were they?
    Last edited by anamari; 12th June 2008 at 02:20 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    And the final three bottles are:

Row 3, Bottle 3: Jeanne Arthes Guipure & Silk Blue Moon
    Row 3, Bottle 11: Pascal Shaller Caine
    Row 6, Bottle 9: Creation Lamis Black Light

Thank you so much to everyone who participated!

I've been a little distracted by tornado sirens and neighborhood flooding tonight, so I will plan on drawing and announcing the winners tomorrow, a.s.a.p.
    Yow. Those last three were complete stumpers. I googled my face off trying to figure those out. And I even ventured to guess that last one had the word "black" in its name judging from the bottle, but still could make no headway. Amazing finds, dear Tang.

How are your shingles and basement?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

The Results:
    We had 25 players this month, up from the usual 6-8 players. 85 out of 88 bottles were identified by the deadline. It was fun to have so many people join in.

To draw the winning tickets, I used my handy spreadsheet and the RANDom number function (re-calibrated after the 1st & 2nd drawings). The RAND function selects a player's number as randomly as if I had put over 80 pieces of paper in a hat.

The Winners:
    1st place: ydee
    2nd place: kewart
    3rd place: Asha

The three of you will be contacted regarding your prizes. :bounce: Congratulations, and thanks so much to everyone who played along!

I am curious which is the one that Twolf loves and in the picture puzzle I see the guipure (I kept thinking lace), the silk, and the moon but the first two pictures, what were they?
    I will defer to an_oud_girl for the picture-puzzle question. I first thought the 2nd picture was Dudley Moore as Arthur (hence Arthes?), but I'm not too sure about that myself.

I think Twolf's favorite violet is Row 6 No. 3: Violettes de Toulouse from Parfums Berdoues. Pascal Shaller Caine is the pendant bottle that made a previous appearance (before my time) in the Same Name Game #8 thread.

As for finding all of these bottles each month, 99% of the credit goes to other Basenoters behind the scenes who suggest bottles to find each month. Several of you also helped out enormously when I asked for red & blue suggestions. I truly appreciate all the ways that you support my collage contests. Thank you!

Congratulations to the winners and a big Thank You to tang for a most amusing challenge
    And yes, those last bottles were really, really tough ones!

Hi Tang,
    Very surprized to see my name at 1st place. Had to run to my daugther and tell her! lol.
    Wow, that is very nice, never expected, thanks.

Congratulations to kewart and Asha.

I just had much fun to find the bottles and really love the purple bottle collage, who is making these beautifull colages?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

1st place: ydee
    2nd place: kewart

3rd place: Asha

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ah, I almost forgot!

I wasn't entirely satisfied with the first collage, so I made a different one that shifts from light to dark purple and includes about 20 additional bottles.

Click on the image to view it full-size:

Additions:
    Row 1, Bottle 8: Thierry Mugler Pivoine Angel
    Row 2, Bottle 2: Prada Amber pour Homme
    Row 2, Bottle 5: Celine Dion Always Belong
    Row 2, Bottle 7: Lolita Lempicka au Masculin
    Row 2, Bottle 8: Asprey Purple Water
    Row 2, Bottle 9: Vera Wang Princess
    Row 2, Bottle 10: Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege
    Row 2, Bottle 11: Yves Rocher Iris Noir
    Row 2, Bottle 12: Cacharel Noa Perle
    Row 2, Bottle 13: Laurence Dumont Vanille Violette
    Row 3, Bottle 3: Jockey Physical for Women
    Row 3, Bottle 4: Lolita Lempicka Transcendent Sin
    Row 3, Bottle 12: Lalique Flora Bella
    Row 4, Bottle 6: Guess for Women (silver)
    Row 4, Bottle 8: Thierry Mugler Angel
    Row 5, Bottle 2: Jesus del Pozo Halloween
    Row 5, Bottle 5: Lolita Lempicka
    Row 5, Bottle 12: Ralph Lauren HOT
    Row 6, Bottle 3: The Body Shop White Musk
    Row 6, Bottle 6: Stella McCartney Stella edp
    Row 7, Bottle 10: Stella McCartney Stella Rose Absolute edt
    Last edited by tang; 12th June 2008 at 10:13 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ydee View Post
    I just had much fun to find the bottles and really love the purple bottle collage, who is making these beautifull colages?
    It is talented Tang who composes these pretty collections. Aren't they special!?!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!

What a great turnout you had, Tang. Your new collage is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what July's contest will be: pink?, yellow? green? clear?

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    The last one on row 7 is called Mon Ame, right?
    By Ybry
    Thanks darkdreams! That's it :-)

Blog Entries

I LOVE the gradated purple arrangement!

anamari-- The first two pictures are of Arthur Miller and Dudley Moore as Arthur, a couple of "Arthurs" = "Arthes." I really enjoy the Fragrance/Picture game in the off-topic thread, but I don't let myself pay much attention because (like these puzzles of Tang's) I get too drawn in and nothing else gets done!

Congratulations Everyone!

kewart-- Sent you a PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Congratulations to the winners! Loved the new format, enjoyed the fact that many more people were not so intimidated, pleased with the results, adore the new "from light to dark" collage.

Tang answered the question about Twolf correctly -- my fave is Violettes de Toulouse by Parfums Berdoues, and the most difficult one, I suppose, was that Pascal Schaller Caine "around the neck" bottle. For having done this, tang will get her little prize too in a few days! Anamari, please PM me your address and I will forward a drop of Violettes to you as well.

Still encouraging more people to weigh in -- be it with their suggestions via PM, prizes, ideas. Hoping that (maybe!) castorpollux -- wherever this individual is hiding at now -- sees this thread and starts posting. BTW, it is his birthday today and I can't believe I forgot! Sorry darling.

And the last point: collages take time. Summer is time to tend to our gardens, children, families. I think it is only fair that we all give tang a break and let her skip one month, vacation from collages of sorts, what do you folks think?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    And the last point: collages take time. Summer is time to tend to our gardens, children, families. I think it is only fair that we all give tang a break and let her skip one month, vacation from collages of sorts, what do you folks think?
    That's so considerate, thoughtful Twolf. Plus, we want to extend the fun as long as possible into the future, too.

Congrats to the winners and well done everyone! I was totally stumped on so many of them....

Loooove the graduated purple bottle collage too! Thanks tang

Hi, I love playing in photoshop. I am not sure I can make a collage as nice as this one but I can certainly help next time!

Wow, I was unable to log in for a couple days and the winners have been drawn!

Thank you so much Tang, and thank you everybody else for participating. It was so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Only a month? Tang, please take all the time you want or need. It is great that you take the effort of making these beauties, to provide entertainment for a lot of people. But it is not an obligation and family is much more important.

Congratulations to the winners. Ditto the others, Tang you should certainly take a nice long summer break these must take so long to do, and I'm sure there's much more you stuff you want to do over the summer.

Thank you for all the kind words! These collages are a nice distraction for me. I don't feel obligated to stick to a certain schedule, but I think I will put them on the back burner for the next few weeks.

Stay tuned for pink!
    Sniff and let sniff.

Tang, indeed, everyone is right, you deserve as long a break as you care to have. Enjoy your summer.
    We'll all still be here waiting whenever you come up with your next beauty.

Hi Tang,
    Your second purple collage is even more beautiful. Great work.
    Saw the ones befor too and they are well done. But purple is my special love, must be because it is my birthdaystone color.

I just received my scented purple goodies today and *WOW*!!! I LOVE lots of samples!!!

Again, thank you so much Tang! I am in purple heaven!

Wink Re: Name at least ONE Bottle! Contest #6: Porphyrophilia

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I just received my scented purple goodies today and *WOW*!!! I LOVE lots of samples!!!

Again, thank you so much Tang! I am in purple heaven!
    Hi Asha, Sounds nice, have fun trying these all.

I am waiting my ordered present, can arrive any day now.

My Prize arrived !!!! I choose PARIS NUIT DE FETE 75mlEDT, will always remember me to the Purple contest and BaseNotes, when it is empty I save the limited edition bottle cause Paris is my favorite.
    I didn't open it yet as I want to do so for a special occasion, may be next week if my daugther graduates will wear it on her party.
    Am so happy with it !!!, thank you Tang.

It is not in the directory, I am sure been given out befor Christmas 2007.
    Found this on notes at a French site all on a row: Bergamot Violet OrangeBlossom Nasturtium RoseDeMay Mimosa Iris Hawthorn Oakmoss Sandal Vertiver Musk.

Suppose the first 4 are topnotes and last 4 are basenotes.

Congratulations ydee! This contest has indeed been fun, and will make a good memory for whenever I see or smell purple things, also

Enjoy your new fragrance!