Code of Conduct

Default Sienne L'Hiver - This one is not just for cool temps

I really think the marketing and name for this one is a bit misleading. It wears really nicely in warmer temps and I like it as a variation to my citrus colognes and vetiver frags in warm temps. If you own this one, give it a full wearing sometime in the heat. You will be surprised at how nicely it performs. It is really beautiful IMO and too bad the name will keep it from getting more attention other than in the fall and winter.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Sienne L'Hiver - This one is not just for cool temps

I had heard that this one smells like mud. Would you agree?

All I remember when I was testing it, was the pronounced mineral note in the middle notes, which smelled like a cross between a chlorine tablet and baking soda.

Maybe I should re-test it?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I had heard that this one smells like mud. Would you agree?

All I remember when I was testing it, was the pronounced mineral note in the middle notes, which smelled like a cross between a chlorine tablet and baking soda.

Maybe I should re-test it?

LOL!! Well, I didn't visualize mud. I do get a clay aura from Eau d'Italie and Sienne L'Hiver. This line is so calming to me. Very introspective frags IMO. Mike, I know you got the vinegar smell from them, but thankfully I don't perceive that; if I did it would be a showstopper.

This one is very earthy, slightly green, with a hint of sweeness. I just don't get the marketing of Winter in Sienna. It is a warm weather frag IMO....so I am going to wear it year round. There. Done.

Oh and one other note...it was scentemental who pointed out to me that Bois d'Ombrie really jumps off the skin in slightly warmer temps, so maybe Sienne L'Hiver does the same thing. I can't wear Bois d'Ombrie in temps over 75 degrees though, Sienne L'Hiver is going to be on my skin for a good bit of the summer however in 90 degree temps.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 2nd June 2008 at 08:36 PM.

I agree with Barry. He let me test this one and CDG 8 88 and while the CDG smelled better initially, the Eau d'Italie scent lasted longer and smelled better after an hour, on my skin.