Code of Conduct

Default crisp and fresh scent

Dearest basenoters,

It's been quite a while since I've been here! It's good to see those of you who are still active as ever -- and now, it is time to test the depths of your knowledges once again

It's hard to believe with the cold weather (mid-fifties in Seattle -- and it's JUNE!), but Summer is rolling around... sooner or later. And we all know what that means -- revamping our wardrobes to include some fresher alternatives to our spring and winter scents; and here lies my quandary, which happens to be particularly difficult, for I have found nothing that quite suits what I'm looking for.

Something that's fresh and doesn't feel like a cologne -- a sort of divine body odor. Something that represents lush fruits swept up in a breeze of airy-fresh flowers and soft woods and musks; but with a semi-manly twist to it. I've got samples of MPG's Fraiche Passiflore, Cereus no. 4, CdG#5's Peppermint, and 06130's Yuzu Rouge, with L'APs The Pour un Ete, Sauvignonne, and Creative Universe's Vita ready to order... I just need a couple more samples.

Nothing so far is quite as I envision my perfect summer scent to be. MPG's Fraiche Passiflore is too clean of a fruit, while CdG#5's Peppermint is too short-lived (mixing them = bad news!), and I have yet to try Yuzu Rouge and the rest of the samples. If it helps any suggestions, I put on Cereus no. 4 and really liked it, but the marine notes clash with the green apple, so it translates into a rather flat scent. Perhaps if there was a tiny tiny hint of minty freshness to it, it would be perfect. Not "mint", per se, but that sparkle that adds a certain vibrancy to a scent.

If there's any suggestions you have, or if there's anything you need to clarify / ask, please do so. I've hit a roadbump here in determining what to add into my collection!

EDIT: Perhaps a cross between Cereus No. 4's relaxing accords with CdG#5s sensible dosage of tantalizing mint (although very minute... just enough to keep the scent electric, not transform it into hempfest for mint-lovers)... and a hearty waft of frankincense from Un Jardin sur le Nil
    Last edited by Leifer; 3rd June 2008 at 04:30 AM.

Default Re: crisp and fresh scent

may i humbly suggest - liz claiborne sport

Basenotes Institution

#3 by Comme des Garcons
    Bahiana by MPG
    Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder
    Eau d'Ete by Parfums de Nicolai
    Selection Verte by Creed
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder
    Wow! First, Dimitri declared this as his official 2008 Summer scent. Now, here you are recommending this as a crisp and fresh scent. I would seek this out this weekend and try it. Being that it is by EL, I think wouldn't have a hard time finding this in my neighborhood mall.

might i suggest this hidden beauty originally created in 1926 and remade by house of Lanvin in 2003 this perfume is still considered definition of beauty .....Eclat L'anvin A'arperge....light florals with gorgeous white musk enveloping the citrus/floral middle.....my favorite female fragrance and i personally love how it smells on me and have had amazing reaction to it.....and the lasting power is incredible. Summer Time Fine = and no one will ever guess what it is that you are wearing.

Light/Fresh and Crisp from the male designer side, i would say...212 splash.....the overbearingness and seriousness of 212 is enlightened with minty breeze which elevates off your skin and is perfect for the warm//hot weather.

P.S have you tried Geir Ness?......i think the true beauty of this fragrance can only be appreciated in the summer.....a real classic.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Off-Scenter

Ditto Bahiana, plus:

Iskander
    L'Anarchiste (no, I'm not kidding)
    Fleurs de Citronnier
    Cologne Bigarade
    Declaration
    Virgilio (while it's still out there)
    L'Heure Bleue
    Baime
    and good ole Eau Sauvage

two that ive tested in the past week
    Loewe Para Hombre
    R d Capucci

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Sur la Plage

Also recommend Bronze Goddess - or formally known as Azuree Soleil by Tom Ford for Estee Lauder
    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th June 2008 at 01:30 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Claiborne Sport is not bad, but IMO it smells like Eternity + Cool Water with a dash of Nightflight's basenotes. And IIRC, Leifer isnt a particular fan of Nightflight? (or it could be the exact opposite)
    Either way, I bought a bottle of Claiborne Sport blind for cheap, and while long lasting, it smells no where near as great as Nightflight IMO. So far I've yet to smell anything as crisp and fresh as that... Even Mugler Cologne sits 2nd place.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Route du Vetiver & Bahiana
    Amouage - Reflection
    Caron - L'Anarchiste
    Creed - Silver Mountain Water
    Serge Luten - Tubereuse Criminelle
    Chanel - Bois des IIes....
    Acqua Di Parma - Colonia
    Nasomotto - Hindu Grass
    Last edited by silverbullet; 4th June 2008 at 01:42 PM.

Perhaps light blue for men by D&G.