Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 73
  1. #31

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    @Duke Hunt: Probably never. I've heard that they did a horrible reformulation. Better get the original on ebay as long as you can.

    I got a decant of the vintage. Imo it's unwearable. But an absolute masterpiece. It doesn't smell like church incense. It smells like holiness itself!

  2. #32
    Power Where You Need It
    alfarom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,513

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by DieNase View Post
    Better get the original on ebay as long as you can.

    I can't even remember last time I saw it on ebay


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  3. #33

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    On parfumo we had a sharing of a vintage bottle from ebay (germany) a couple of months ago. Was very expensive (200 € or so).

  4. #34

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    I found some of the incense at a website I use quite often. Its The Posh Peasant. Nice people.
    Last edited by trex57; 7th July 2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Please cancel my subscription to your issues.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Those of you still looking for Norma Kamali Incense should seek out and try Rundholz Parfums - 03. Apr. 1968. Potent!!

  6. #36

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    Those of you still looking for Norma Kamali Incense should seek out and try Rundholz Parfums - 03. Apr. 1968. Potent!!
    Where is this available please? Curious where they're from?

  7. #37
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,311

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Curious where they're from?
    Same here.

  8. #38
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Second article on the page:

    http://www.corniche.org.uk/blog/

  9. #39

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    I received it as a sample from First-in-Fragrance.

    03.Apr.1968

  10. #40
    Super Member CompassRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    The top note is lychee? That doesn't bode well.

  11. #41
    Paul Kiler
    pkiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,056

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    I had a talk with my rep from Takasago materials supplier yesterday, and told me a story about when they formulated the Kamli Incense fragrance, at his previous position/company... They let her smell one particular aromatic element, which smells like incense, and is one of my favorite elements too.

    And everytime they reviewed the fragrance in progress, she just kept saying, "MORE OF THAT!" :-)
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

  12. #42
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    They have released several bottles of the Vintage 1982 stuff. http://www.thewellnesscafe.com/
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 19th March 2013 at 06:54 PM.

  13. #43
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,134

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Oh wow - thanks for posting that Palm Beach.

    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Epice Marine by Hermès

  14. #44

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    PalmBeach is hosting a split for some of this in Basenotes Marketplace, if anyone is interested - check it out.
    SUMMER COLOGNES: Splash of Lemon STH • Dior Homme Cologne • Boudicea the Victorious Oxford • Cedre Atlas • Azemour les Orangers • Oliver Peoples • Sunday Cologne edp • Guerlain Homme L'Eau • Ginepro di Sardegna • Maestrale • Iris Nazarena • Fitnessence • Escentric 02 • Daxon Iridium •

  15. #45

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    So, does that mean that Norma Kamali Incense had been reformulated sometime in the past? My half-finished sample, from the Perfumed Court, is light orange in colour but this vintage juice looks dark brown.

    Btw, what is the official concentration of Norma Kamali Incense? Is it an extrait?

  16. #46
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Can't answer the reformulation question. I should be receiving the first bottle tomorrow. I'll post up a pic so you can see the color of the juice.

  17. #47
    Super Member CompassRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    So, does that mean that Norma Kamali Incense had been reformulated sometime in the past? My half-finished sample, from the Perfumed Court, is light orange in colour but this vintage juice looks dark brown.
    Trebor, I saw the same difference between my sample and my vintage bottle. I also have no idea if it was ever reformulated, or whether it was just an effect of thirty years of aging.

    If I may say so, though, the smell of the vintage stuff is just... incredible. I do not regret blowing the budget on my bottle, at all. Opening it was like uncapping an aged single malt. (It doesn't smell like Scotch, I hasten to add, but it had the same impact of both power and smoothness.)

  18. #48

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    Trebor, I saw the same difference between my sample and my vintage bottle. I also have no idea if it was ever reformulated, or whether it was just an effect of thirty years of aging.

    If I may say so, though, the smell of the vintage stuff is just... incredible. I do not regret blowing the budget on my bottle, at all. Opening it was like uncapping an aged single malt. (It doesn't smell like Scotch, I hasten to add, but it had the same impact of both power and smoothness.)
    Many thanks for confirming the colour of the vintage bottle juice. So, does your sample smell different from the vintage juice? If so, how? Cheers.

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Can't answer the reformulation question. I should be receiving the first bottle tomorrow. I'll post up a pic so you can see the color of the juice.
    Thanks for offering to answer my question, PalmBeach.

  19. #49
    Super Member CompassRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Many thanks for confirming the colour of the vintage bottle juice. So, does your sample smell difference from the vintage juice? If so, how? Cheers.
    I'd say -- stronger, smoother, with a bit of a dry sweetness I didn't notice from the sample. (Granted, my sample was tiny, and I was dabbing. Now, despite the kind cautions of Renaissance Man, I'm spraying out of a decant into a small travel spray. Single spray only!) It's still a highly authoritative fragrance, but it seems to have fewer rough edges, a bit more subtle force. If I loved the sample, I'd say I love this even more.

    (I was starting to get a cold or something, the week I decanted it, but it hadn't blossomed. My first couple wears, I couldn't stop sneezing, and I was terrified that maybe I was allergic to something in the old formula. Then I got really sick a day later and spent three days on the sofa with a fever. Not allergic. Phew!)
    Last edited by CompassRose; 21st March 2013 at 02:03 PM.

  20. #50

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    I'd say -- stronger, smoother, with a bit of a dry sweetness I didn't notice from the sample. (Granted, my sample was tiny, and I was dabbing. Now, despite the kind cautions of Renaissance Man, I'm spraying out of a decant into a small travel spray. Single spray only!) It's still a highly authoritative fragrance, but it seems to have fewer rough edges, a bit more subtle force. If I loved the sample, I'd say I love this even more.

    (I was starting to get a cold or something, the week I decanted it, but it hadn't blossomed. My first couple wears, I couldn't stop sneezing, and I was terrified that maybe I was allergic to something in the old formula. Then I got really sick a day later and spent three days on the sofa with a fever. Not allergic. Phew!)
    That's great to hear. When I saw this limited edition batch termed as 'Vintage 1982', there were only two possible conclusions - your explanation confirming the first one and the second being dubious marketing. It's good to hear that it was the former.

    So, nobody knows the concentration?

  21. #51
    Super Member CompassRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Yes, Trebor, it for sure smelled aged. Not spoiled -- but I think that's what made me immediately make the association with Scotch.

  22. #52
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Trebor, just confirmed with the SA from Norma Kamali, it is an EDP.

    They also found some old bottles of Beach which they are sending me a sample with the second bottle today.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Trebor, just confirmed with the SA from Norma Kamali, it is an EDP.
    At the price they're currently selling it for, it should be a bloody extrait! LOL!

    Cheers.

  24. #54
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    At the price they're currently selling it for, it should be a bloody extrait! LOL!

    Cheers.
    I hear you, but supply and demand rules the world.

    It may be an EDP, but remember, this is a 1982 EDP, which is much different than what an EDP some 31 years later.

  25. #55

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I hear you, but supply and demand rules the world.

    It may be an EDP, but remember, this is a 1982 EDP, which is much different than what an EDP some 31 years later.
    I hear ya!

  26. #56
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,134

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    So, does that mean that Norma Kamali Incense had been reformulated sometime in the past? My half-finished sample, from the Perfumed Court, is light orange in colour but this vintage juice looks dark brown.

    Btw, what is the official concentration of Norma Kamali Incense? Is it an extrait?
    I have seen a bottle of vintage juice, from a BN buddy who has a full bottle. The color of the juice is exactly as pictured above.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Epice Marine by Hermès

  27. #57

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    She needs to bring this one back, it was sooo good, easily one of the best incense masterpieces.

  28. #58
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Trebor, here are pictures as promised.

    Last edited by PalmBeach; 22nd March 2013 at 07:27 PM.

  29. #59

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    ^^ Cool! Thanks, PalmBeach!

  30. #60
    Power Where You Need It
    alfarom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,513

    Default Re: Norma Kamali Incense

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Trebor, here are pictures as promised.

    where's the clapping hands smiley when i need it??????


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000