Code of Conduct

Default Penhaligon's bottles?

What kind of bottles does Penhaligon's use? On their site they say it's spray bottles, but on the pictures it looks like splash bottles? Btw, how are you supposed to use splash bottles? Splash in your hands and dab where you want it applied?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Penhaligon's bottles?

Penhaligon's colognes only come in spray bottles, now. Their aftershaves, however, do come in the traditional "shaker" bottle with a cut-glass stopper. They include a metal shaker top (multiple holes) for folks who prefer that over the single opening.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Sur la Plage

I think some of the larger EDT bottles (200ml) are a splash, as well as the aftershaves.

Whenever I have any type of splash bottle, I usually decant it into a smaller spray bottle. I personally prefer to spray, not splash.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think some of the larger EDT bottles (200ml) are a splash, as well as the aftershaves.

Whenever I have any type of splash bottle, I usually decant it into a smaller spray bottle. I personally prefer to spray, not splash.
    I do the same thing. My Blenheim Bouquet is a large splash bottle that I decant into a 5ml atomizer.

I have a Hammam Bouquet spray bottle that is cleverly disguised to look like their splash bottles.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I'm with you and TwoRoads. I prefer spray.

Penhaligon's uses sprays for their EdTs 50ml and 100ml and above splashes.

To use a splash you splash on you hands and slap it where you want it and I've seen some people even briefly lick their hands