Code of Conduct

Default spring/summer scent

hello,

I'm looking for something fresh, versatile and suitable for warm weather .

1. Which one of two would you rather choose - L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme or M7 Fresh?
    2. Your other choices for this time of year scent.

thank you in advance. mike.

Default Re: spring/summer scent

My vote this summer goes to two scents Paul Smith - Story and Versace Man Eau Fraiche, i have got the two you mention but not wearing them as much this year.

But if they are what you have i would go with M7 Fresh everytime.

Jeff
    Last edited by lingus; 3rd June 2008 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lingus View Post
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    And there was a thread running yesterday about Creed Green Valley which is described by Creed as being inspired by the countryside in summertime, but come to think of it, it really gives me the joyous feeling of springtime!

1. M7 Fresh without hesitation

2. Bvlgari Aqua, Baldessarini del Mar, Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte, L'Artisan - Voleur de Roses or Navegar, Chanel pour Monsieur, Cool Water, Many others...

M7 fresh is nice. If you want to stay along those lines, Hamptons might be something you want to try. I've been sticking with that one most days, but I'm still sniffing around

M7 Fresh!!!

May I suggest for those who don't want to smell like all the others wearing M7 Fresh at the office.

Acqua Viva by Profumum - Freshest longest lasting lemon on the planet
    Puro Lino - The ultimate clean scent with a twist
    Aromatic Lime - lime with a woody drydown
    Lime Peel by DSH - top note - lime peel, heart note - lime peel - basnote - lime peel
    L'eau Neuve by Lubin - citrus orange fun
    Last edited by thebeck; 4th June 2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: add verbage

I've always thought that L'eau d'issey is one of the worst perfumes out there. It smells like poison.

M7 fresh is quite nice.

I've always thought that the nicest smelling warm weather perfume is Clinique happy for men, just such nice fresh citrus smells, - it's also cheaper than most other fragrances, but the downfall is it has very poor lasting power, but I think this is common among many fresh, citrus scents.

Sur la Plage

Mike,

How much are you looking to spend? Do you have a set limit in mind? There are a wide range of suggestions you have been given so far - some full size bottles >$100 and even >$200.

Are you looking for something easy to find near where you live or is ordering on-line an option?

It may be easier for us to give you recommendations if we know as much information as you can give us.

Lastly, have you tried L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme and M7 Fresh? Which one do YOU like? If you are looking for opinions, I personally prefer M7 Fresh (this means I actually tried them to form opinions on them - unlike some others).

Also I know in my office there is no one who would even know what M7 Fresh is, let alone wear it. If people knew anything, they would know it is not readily available/easy to find in the US - you just can't pop into the local mall to pick up a bottle

Good luck with your search!

Joe
    Last edited by petruccijc; 6th June 2008 at 09:09 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

thank you all for the feedback.

Petruccijc: I'm on a budget now, so $100 is the limit. I might consider buying on-line as well.
    I know Issey Miyake (been using it around 2004), while M7 Fresh would be a total blindbuy.
    Regarding M7 Fresh - I am little bit worried that underneath these citrus notes some strong accords typical to its older sibbling (which I own) would burst out I mean too heavy for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    May I suggest for those who don't want to smell like all the others wearing M7 Fresh at the office.

Acqua Viva by Profumum - Freshest longest lasting lemon on the planet
    Puro Lino - The ultimate clean scent with a twist
    Aromatic Lime - lime with a woody drydown
    Lime Peel by DSH - top note - lime peel, heart note - lime peel - basnote - lime peel
    L'eau Neuve by Lubin - citrus orange fun
    Beck:

Puro Lino, a clean scent with a twist: please tell us more, what's the twist?

Thanks,

Joe

I previously answered your #1. Now for #2. Since you are willing to spend at least $100, you could go to Sephora online and get my current favorite for summer (with free shipping btw) Aqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta.

M7 Fresh is a good suggestion. It doesn't have much at all in common with the original.

I'd also recommend Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien (or even better Hadrien Absolu -- a little more potent). I also really like Selection Verte, which has a very nice minty lime accord.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

You can pick up L'Air du Desert Marocain for under 100 for a 50 ml. I loved it from first try, but as it gets hotter, it improves dramatically.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Definitely Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta. Neiman Marcus and Sephora both have gift sets that inlude the cologne, shower gel and body cream at a great price.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

thanks guys. i have an original Acqua di Parma Colonia (not Intensa), but used only a few spritzes - just doesn't cut for me.
    Last edited by mikele; 5th June 2008 at 03:15 PM.

M7 Fresh is not suitable for summer time, go with L'eau D'Issey!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned YSL Live Jazz yet. One of my favorites for when it gets over 35 degrees here in Summer. Also Bvlgari Aqua and Mugler Cologne are good. All three of these you can find online dirt cheap, too!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

well today in local perfume store i gave M7 Fresh a try...on my skin a few hours after applying is settles down to the scent that strongly resembles ck crave :/ gotta sample some other products recommended by BaseNoters.

L'Air du Desert Marocain hands down for me

"May I suggest for those who don't want to smell like all the others wearing M7 Fresh at the office."

Which office do you work in that has everybody (let alone ANYBODY) smelling of M7 Fresh (or regular M7)?

I like Creed Original Vetiver (aka Thierry Mugler) in summer.

seriously i have never smelled m7 fresh on anyone else in any situation and i have very rarely even noticed the regular m7 as noticeable as that is, i think you could do alot worse in picking a frag that everyone smells like ,

if everyone around me smelled like m7 fresh i would be like damn where the hell did you buy that , i want some too!!!!!

I am another one that thinks m7 fresh is not a summer scent per se. Sure it can be worn on may, but above 85 degrees it can become cloying, at least for me. It is M7 Fresh compared to the original M7, not with any summer fragrance.

Some I would recomend
    Eau d NewYourk Bond 9 (I not not much more hard to find than M7 fresh)
    Marc Birley
    Vetiver Extraordinare.
    Aoud Petal Roses.
    Rive Gauche Light.
    Mugler Cologe (Really)

Sur la Plage

Yves Saint-Laurent - Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient
    Commes des Garcons - Vettiveru
    Last edited by petruccijc; 6th June 2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mugler Cologne , Vetiver de Guerlain and Bvlgari Aqva....beautiful scents!

I would recommend considering these ones:
    -Very Sexy For Him 2 (Juniper, Aromatic, Fougere-Not Generic)
    -Higher Energy by Dior (Citrus, Woody, Aromatic-Generic)
    -Lacoste Essential (Fresh Water and Citrus-A little generic)
    -Bvlgari Aqva (Fresh Water and Citrus-A little generic)
    -Mugler Cologne (Soapy Herbal Floral-Not Generic)
    Last edited by msi_21; 9th June 2008 at 10:06 AM.