Code of Conduct

Question Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense

Hi guys,

I just took a sniff of Euphoria Intense at my local drugstore and was curious to see what the basenotes community thinks about it... especially as it seems as if this scent overcame the most frequent point of criticism of the normal version: staying power.

Unfortunately, this scent seems not to be listed in the basenotes database, or am I mistaken?

Thanks & Regards

Default Re: Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense

The first Euphoria was disappointing, compared to the womens version but I've seen a for sale bid for Intense somewhere in the community, so maybe it's not that good.

I think it smells pretty damn good, and I'm sure it will be a decent compliment getter. I agree with afraafra that the women's version smells really nice. I would never wear it, but its my fiancee's go-to frag.

Welcome to Basenotes!

I liked the original Euphoria (but not enough to ever buy a bottle). After the Intense got some good bashing on the forum a while back, I decided not to even test it when I had it in front of me (in order to test more interesting stuff.. not enough skin). There was a thread about this a while ago, search the forum for threads with Euphoria Intense in the title. IMO, a lot of better stuff you can spend your money on.

Agreed - the Intense Euphoria is better version and yet doesn't smell anything like the original men's version.

It will be ashame if they only make this a limited edition.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I had the main Euphoria Intense thread, but it seems to have vanished! Ah well. Whenever it lands at the local Sephora I'll give it a shot.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes!

I liked the original Euphoria (but not enough to ever buy a bottle). After the Intense got some good bashing on the forum a while back, I decided not to even test it when I had it in front of me (in order to test more interesting stuff.. not enough skin). There was a thread about this a while ago, search the forum for threads with Euphoria Intense in the title. IMO, a lot of better stuff you can spend your money on.
    Is that really a fair statement considering you haven't smelled it yet?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Is that really a fair statement considering you haven't smelled it yet?
    Emm no, I don't think it was fair. Apologies to Euphoria Intense.

I just assumed, given the criticism in an earlier thread, that this is nothing groundbreaking. Also, at the same day I saw Euphoria Intense, I had the following to test for the first time: Bvlgari Black, Un Jardin sur le Nil, Elixir des Merveilles, Kelly Caleche, four feminine Dior's, and a few other really great fragrances. This experience is probably what lead to my statement that you can worry about other much more interesting fragrances first.

Well, I'm not saying there aren't many more interesting frags than Euphoria Intense; I'm just not certain as I haven't smelled it. I wasn't really trying to call you out to be a jerk, just to make sure we all keep in check our preconceived notions of what something will be simply because of the name on the label or the words of others. I hate to see hype, positive or negative, cloud our objective judgements and it just seems there is a lot of that around here.

End rant .

What did you think of Un Jardin Sur le Nil? How similar is it to TdH, in your opinion? I want to find something like TdH conceptually, but TdH itself just doesn't work for me at all. Timbuktu showed promise in the opening notes but quickly turned into a fruity powdery melange that was enjoyable but not what I'm looking for (more dry, bitter even, and earthy.)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 4th June 2008 at 05:24 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

just to make sure we all keep in check our preconceived notions of what something will be simply because of the name on the label or the words of others. I hate to see hype, positive or negative, cloud our objective judgements and it just seems there is a lot of that around here.
    Ain't that the truth
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

What did you think of Un Jardin Sur le Nil? How similar is it to TdH, in your opinion? I want to find something like TdH conceptually, but TdH itself just doesn't work for me at all. Timbuktu showed promise in the opening notes but quickly turned into a fruity powdery melange that was enjoyable but not what I'm looking for (more dry, bitter even, and earthy.)
    Un Jardin sur le Nil had one of the most pleasant openings I have ever smelled, it managed to impress me in a very short time. Similarities to Terre d'Hermes? Td'H is very bitter, this was not. Td'H is "humorless." Un Jardin Sur le Nil was pleasant and playful.

thepriceupay, sorry for taking your thread off-topic. Here's the topic about Euphoria Intense. I hope you find it of any help.

The original euphoria men is a very nice scent IMO, and I'm looking to try the intense version as soon as possible.

I want to find something like TdH conceptually, but TdH itself just doesn't work for me at all. Timbuktu showed promise in the opening notes but quickly turned into a fruity powdery melange that was enjoyable but not what I'm looking for (more dry, bitter even, and earthy.)
    Try these scents:
    -Tumulte
    -Rocabar

Blog Entries

UJSLN is fruity and fresh, and rather soft. TdH has none of those properties, it's rather stark and bitter. I think a kindred spirit to it is Dunhill Pursuit.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.