Code of Conduct

Default Purchasing online?

I recently purchased a bottle of Creed Neroli Sauvage from Scentiments. I realize the discount price you get sometimes means older stock etc.....
    I was expecting the Creed to be a 2005 or 2006 bottle. But it turns out to be a 2002 bottle. A six year old bottle? I'm a little frustrated but is this the norm for Creed purchases from these sites?

Morning Star

Default Re: Purchasing online?

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    I recently purchased a bottle of Creed Neroli Sauvage from Scentiments. I realize the discount price you get sometimes means older stock etc.....
    I was expecting the Creed to be a 2005 or 2006 bottle. But it turns out to be a 2002 bottle. A six year old bottle? I'm a little frustrated but is this the norm for Creed purchases from these sites?
    How did you find out the year of the bottle?

I've been avoiding buying online, making almost all my purchases in department stores. The idea of getting stale product, or something that ends up spending several summer days on a freight train in the Midwest does not thrill me. I'd rather spend the extra money and get something fresh.

Blog Entries

You are lucky you got a 6 years old bottle. I've received an 8 year old bottle with worn box from scentedmonkey before! Ofcourse I returned it. Your best bet is to stick with wholesale stores in person where you could check what you are getting (which might not be that appealing price-wise, but definitely better than Nieman Marcus prices!)

Blog Entries

It's the same at department stores. I bought a bottle of Creed at Neiman-Marcus a couple of months ago. The back of the box is stamped 2002 - which I looked at after I got home.

There are plenty of threads on this and Creed's alleged view that their frags, like fine wine, only improve with age.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    How did you find out the year of the bottle?
    The back of the box is stamped 2002.

Blog Entries

Nieman Marcus itself deals with wholesalers, and a lot of them are not authorized distributors. I know for a fact that Nieman Marcus in Houston replinshes its stock from atleast of of the stores in a run down area that sells everything from Adidas to Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    It's the same at department stores. I bought a bottle of Creed at Neiman-Marcus a couple of months ago. The back of the box is stamped 2002 - which I looked at after I got home.

There are plenty of threads on this and Creed's alleged view that their frags, like fine wine, only improve with age.

I think it affects the top notes for most frags, so if you don't like those top notes, the older bottle might be better, right?

Blog Entries

Wow. That's kind of scary. In the sense of losing any credibility that the frags are genuine. It does underscore my conviction to not shop at NM again. It wasn't the best shopping experience and, fortunately, I've found other resources for anything they carry that I want.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

The back of the box is stamped 2002.
    That does not tell the age of the juice. The back of the bottle should have a serial # on it. The last two digits of the serial # are the year the bottle was manufactured.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    That does not tell the age of the juice. The back of the bottle should have a serial # on it. The last two digits of the serial # are the year the bottle was manufactured.
    I have a lot # on the bottom of the bottle, with the last two didgets being 05. If that is true, my bottle just got 3 years younger!
    I'm still a little concerned that the bottle has a Neroli Sauvage sticker on the bottom and nothing permanent on the bottle. I've seen pictures with Neroli Sauvage on the front of the bottle but some that don't? Also, are all the Creed boxes the same except for the sticker on the front stating the kind of fragrance you have?

I have a lot # on the bottom of the bottle, with the last two didgets being 05. If that is true, my bottle just got 3 years younger!
    I'm still a little concerned that the bottle has a Neroli Sauvage sticker on the bottom and nothing permanent on the bottle. I've seen pictures with Neroli Sauvage on the front of the bottle but some that don't? Also, are all the Creed boxes the same except for the sticker on the front stating the kind of fragrance you have?
    You have a 2005 bottle which is perfectly ok.

Some bottles have a sticker and some do not. Others have lettering on the front.

All Creed boxes are the same except for the sticker on the front.

Thanks for the help Samplermike, appriciated!