Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default father's day gift

Hey everybody,

My father loves pinaud clubman and i was wondering if anybody could recommend a nice cologne that my father would probably like given his fondness for pinaud clubman. i'm pretty sure he likes old school scents in general but i know clubman is his favorite. Thanks very much!

John

Sur la Plage

Default Re: father's day gift

I am assuming you don't want to get him Pinaud - maybe branch out to something else? If you think he is "up" to trying something new, maybe try:

Older School:

Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Truefitt and Hill colognes
    Geo Trumper colognes

Newer school:

YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme
    Prada Amber pour Homme

Good luck!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th June 2008 at 03:20 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyp View Post
    Hey everybody,

My father loves pinaud clubman and i was wondering if anybody could recommend a nice cologne that my father would probably like given his fondness for pinaud clubman. i'm pretty sure he likes old school scents in general but i know clubman is his favorite. Thanks very much!

John
    Hey, just stick with the Pinaud Clubman, only $6.28 for 6oz bottle. I don't think a Pianaud Clubman fan would be interested in venturing too far from what he's comfortable with. He's real old school and wouldn't be happy with something new.

Absolutely Grafton by Truefitt & Hill

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyp View Post
    My father loves pinaud clubman and i was wondering if anybody could recommend a nice cologne that my father would probably like given his fondness for pinaud clubman.
    Pinaud Clubman is a wonderful scent, a sweet, powdery fougere. Along the same lines would be Floris No. 89, Dana Canoe, Caswell & Massey Newport (or am I thinking of Jockey Club?), Avon Wild Country, and Stetson.

Pinaud also makes some other nice scents. He might like Clubman Musk, or Virgin Island Bay Rum. For that matter, he might like any bay rum -- Royall makes a nice one.

Or you could get him a bottle of Clubman, as suggested, and add some shaving kit to it: a nice badger brush, some shave soap, that sort of thing. Or take him out for a shave and a haircut.