Code of Conduct

Default Michael Jordan - Ed Cologne

Im suprised that this one has not got its own specific thread .
    Its quite fresh & vibrant & at this price is great buying for a cologne .
    Has anyone tried his other two scents ?
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 4th June 2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: Michael Jordan - Ed Cologne

I love Jordan by Michael, its a nice fresh citrus. I have a bottle of michael jordan EDC, i dont like it but just cant bring myself to get rid of it.

Is this one different from the Michael Jordan Cologne with the rubber cap, and rubber around the base of the bottle, that goes for A$30 everywhere in Australia?

Because the latter is the one I own, and I think it's great.

It was made by Bijan, smells fairly complex and sophisticated, has fabulous lasting power and sillage, and I've always gotten positive comments when I wear it.
    Renato

Hi Renato ..
    This one is the rubber capped one , its EDC , Cologne .
    The other two are called Jordan & 23 .
    Just curious on those two .
    cheers

SALES

Michael Jordan scents shouldn't even be discussed among adults. A discussion on an adolescent website would be more appropiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hi Renato ..
    This one is the rubber capped one , its EDC , Cologne .
    The other two are called Jordan & 23 .
    Just curious on those two .
    cheers
    It's definitely not EDC in the European sense of the word. Instead it's Cologne in the American sense - which equates to full EDT strength in the European sense.

I've often considered buying the other two blind, given how good the Cologne is, but I haven't done so as yet.

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Michael Jordan scents shouldn't even be discussed among adults. A discussion on an adolescent website would be more appropiate.
    Bijan is a fairly well respected maker of scents.

The notion that the green, leathery, marine chypre that is Michael Jordan Cologne - a 1997 FIFI winner, no less - is somehow on par with Addidas or Lynx type scents, just does not follow.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    The notion that the green, leathery, marine chypre that is Michael Jordan Cologne - a 1997 FIFI winner, no less - is somehow on par with Addidas or Lynx type scents, just does not follow.
    Hear, hear! Basenotes zeitgeist aside, it is possible to get a nice fragrance for less than $120 a bottle.

To contribute to the level of discourse of the thread, however, it might be interesting to note that Michael Jordan is (or at least was) an enthusiastic client of Bijan's clothing boutique, which is how Bijan managed to snag the license to market a fragrance with MJ's name on it, I suppose.

I was surprised by the amount of celebrities that wear or have worn this scent. David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Jay Leno, Mel Gibson and Spike Lee to name a few. I've never tried it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    I was surprised by the amount of celebrities that wear or have worn this scent. David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Jay Leno, Mel Gibson and Spike Lee to name a few. I've never tried it myself.

Movie stars are too busy to get samples and test what frags they might like. They just wear whatever their agent tells them to wear.

My brother bought me a bottle of this for Christmas as a joke a few years ago. I laughed.

Just a few weeks ago he was at a club and saw a bottle of this on the valet's counter. He told that valet that he'd given his brother a bottle of this for Christmas as a joke, to which the valet replied "tsk, tsk."

My brother asked if anybody had ever reached for the Michael Jordan cologne. The valet broke out laughing and answered "No. Never."

I guess people have an issue with Michael Jordan in the US, an issue that makes them very negative towards this scent. Because the scent is first rate, on just about any criterion or set of criteria that has been used to rate other scents here.

I notice that all the negative comments don't actually say what is wrong with a scent. For example, saying it's a teenager scent is pretty much the same ageism in reverse as saying it's an old man's scent. But it's not a point of substance, as the original poster and several respondents are plainly not teenagers or young, and they think it's very good.
    Renato

Once upon a time, I used to wear this. Now I get a plastic green accord from it. Its not extremely terrible but its no Carlos Santana or SJP Lovely.
    -

That's funny you say that, because as I read the title of the thread it brought back memories of me wearing the cologne in elementary and the first year in middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    My brother bought me a bottle of this for Christmas as a joke a few years ago. I laughed.

Just a few weeks ago he was at a club and saw a bottle of this on the valet's counter. He told that valet that he'd given his brother a bottle of this for Christmas as a joke, to which the valet replied "tsk, tsk."

My brother asked if anybody had ever reached for the Michael Jordan cologne. The valet broke out laughing and answered "No. Never."

Thank you so much Indie_Guy - The exact point I've been trying to make. It's a joke.

Thank you so much Indie_Guy - The exact point I've been trying to make. It's a joke.
    As I said, nothing specific is ever stated about this scent - just unsupported generalisation.

Somehow, if I follow the discussion correctly, youngsters wearing a scent named after a famous sports star, makes the scent in and of itself intrinsically bad. I suppose that for a scent to be intrinsically good it should be named after a clothing designer.

If this train of thought keeps going, we'll probably start being told that Paris Hilton For Men is bad!
    Renato

I tried it and mainly got Juniper Berry from it. It reminds me very much of "Very Sexy 2 for Men" from Victoria Secret, Tommy Bahama Very Cool, as well as OS Signature.

Basically, anything with Juniper Berry in it.

It was a blind buy and now is on a certain for sale list.
    Last edited by atrac; 5th June 2008 at 11:57 AM.

Somehow, if I follow the discussion correctly, youngsters wearing a scent named after a famous sports star, makes the scent in and of itself intrinsically bad. I suppose that for a scent to be intrinsically good it should be named after a clothing designer.
    What if we started a baseless rumor that Oliver Creed had created it?

Michael Jordan predates OS Signature by approximately a decade, and I don't think of either of them as mainly juniper. MJ has a lot of cut grass and OS has a lot of black pepper.

As I said, nothing specific is ever stated about this scent - just unsupported generalisation.

If this train of thought keeps going, we'll probably start being told that Paris Hilton For Men is bad!
    Renato
    No, you weren't following the discussion correctly. Michael Jordan is pure crap for children and a real man wouldn't even consider wearing it. It's not the name on the bottle, it's the pure unadulterated trash that's in it that I'm bitching about.

it's the pure unadulterated trash that's in it that I'm bitching about.
    Perhaps we would be persuaded of that proposition, if some reasons were articulated supporting it, rather than hearing the conclusion restated. Ipse dixit.

No, you weren't following the discussion correctly. Michael Jordan is pure crap for children and a real man wouldn't even consider wearing it. It's not the name on the bottle, it's the pure unadulterated trash that's in it that I'm bitching about.
    Actually, I was following the discussion quite correctly.
    You do not wish to make a statement supported by any reasonining. Instead you wish to rail and harp and make unsupported assertions without any basis in reality.
    Not to mention being deliberately insulting and provocative - "a real man wouldn't even consider wearing it", stated when four males have stated they wear it.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 6th June 2008 at 08:49 AM.

I love cologne.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Hmmmm .. Perhaps you should try Bandit !!
    then comment again about MJ .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 6th June 2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: ..

SALES

Actually, I was following the discussion quite correctly.
    You do not wish to make a statement supported by any reasonining. Instead you wish to rail and harp and make unsupported assertions without any basis in reality.
    Not to mention being deliberately insulting and provocative - "a real man wouldn't even consider wearing it", stated when four males have stated they wear it.
    Renato
    Crap is crap. Do I have to talk about notes and bullshit to justify what I'm saying. I think not.
    To understand what I'm saying , just smell the crap in the Michael Jordan bottle and you'll know what I'm talking about. Real men already know what I I'm talking about.

Crap is crap. Do I have to talk about notes and bullshit to justify what I'm saying. I think not.
    To understand what I'm saying , just smell the crap in the Michael Jordan bottle and you'll know what I'm talking about. Real men already know what I I'm talking about.
    Well you would have to justify it if you want your opinion to be taken seriously. If you do not care, then it is just an opnionated statement that will not influence or convince anybody else.

I consider myself to be a real men and no I do not know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Well you would have to justify it if you want your opinion to be taken seriously. If you do not care, then it is just an opnionated statement that will not influence or convince anybody else.

I consider myself to be a real men and no I do not know what you are talking about.

It's about class. Some people understand and some don't. The one's with class understand.

It's about class. Some people understand and some don't. The one's with class understand.
    Wow
    -

this is coming from a dude with a 12 year old girls dairy entry style signature about the pretty perfumes he likes and dislikes in his climate

how macho, mr. "real man".

^
    |
    |

I hope everyone with a "list sig" takes my post within the context!
    Last edited by smellyliquid; 7th June 2008 at 12:33 AM.

No, you don't have to justify it at all.
    But failure to do so after several requests is kind of indicative that you are incapable of doing so.

You say
    "just smell the crap in the Michael Jordan bottle and you'll know what I'm talking about. Real men already know what I I'm talking about."

meaning that you define yourself as a Superior, Real Man while all the other respondents who either liked it or weren't averse to it are Inferior, Not Real Men

You are at liberty to believe that delusional proposition as much as you wish.
    If you think I have misrepresented what you said, please feel free to correct me.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 7th June 2008 at 03:00 AM.