Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New samples!!!

Default Re: New samples!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Mmmm - I love hamburgers. Let's hope Carl opens franchises down here.
    Renato

Beats meatpies no?

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Boucheron is the first cologne I have ever actually had to wash off. I had tried it a few weeks before at DIllards, and thought it was ok. But Sunday, it just screamed at me to be washed away.

Yes. I had that same reaction initially! Several tries later and I can tolerate it staying on my skin but I still don't love it in any way. Don't even ask me why I tried it over and over again....! I guess I just wanted a challenge. :-) BTW, there is an EdP of this as well. Oy.

Carl's Jr. rocks. White Castle is even better.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post

Beats meatpies no?
    Yes...... and no. After I open it up and throw away the tomatoes, scrape off any ketchup, add salt - that looks like one hell of a hamburger. Though I have found a shop that makes them somewhat akin to that one - but I have to drive 20km to get to it.

But some days, no matter how good the hamburgers, it's hard to resist the lure of a tasty meat pie/steak pie/ steak &onion pie/steak and mushroom pie/ steak, cheese and bacon pie - providing it's at the right temperature and has some salt in it.

Whenever I come back fom overseas, the first thing I do is open the fridge and through the pies and french fries in the oven.
    Renato

So, I backed out on trying the Usher sample today. Instead I picked out an Armani Code sample I picked up a while back. This a truly mellow fragrance. This could be used in any mood and in any situation. The olive flower is lovely and this scent is very well blended. No one note overpowers or gets lost. I can understand why this is such a hot seller. My fiancee really liked this one (and I guess thats pretty important) as did I. I expected bland crap, like Aqua di Gio, but this is a very good fragrance. It smells similar to Ed Hardy, but doesn't have an odd orange note in it and is MUCH better balanced. Overall, my rankings go like this

1. Terre d'Hermes.
    2. Escada Magnetism
    3. Paul Smith Story
    4. Versace Man
    5. Armani Code
    6. Dirty English
    7. Boucheron
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Molten Gin

Man.. you should check out Mos Burger if you drop by here or visit Japan. It's a Japanese burger chain -- crazy inventive people that make "innovative" burgers that taste awesome. (e.g. Rice Burgers) Sugoi! They also should get the award for "Biggest Tomato in a Burger." Here, have some pictures:

Okay, sorry for hijacking the thread for a while there.
    I agree with you Danho, I'd say that TdH and Magnetism are both bottle-worthy purchases!

Becareful with TdH though, a spray too many and you will start smelling like toilet cleaner fluid. Also, I find it much more difficult to wear than Magnetism.

Have you thought about what you're going to sample next yet?
    Last edited by moltening; 10th June 2008 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Man.. you should check out Mos Burger if you drop by here or visit Japan. It's a Japanese burger chain -- crazy inventive people that make "innovative" burgers that taste awesome. (e.g. Rice Burgers) Sugoi! They also should get the award for "Biggest Tomato in a Burger." Here, have some pictures:

I really like the looks of that Mos burger - especially as I could open it up and throw out the tomato in one action, without having to fiddle around as I do now - often using a drinkig straw as a skewer to get the slices out.
    Renato

P.S. - Sorry about this digression in your thread Danho. When are you going to try the CSP one, by the way?

We have a really good burger restraunt called Grill'd in Australia but yeah... Mos burgers are pretty unbeatable. You shouldn't even be calling them fast food I recon.

Quote Originally Posted by charlielu View Post
    We have a really good burger restraunt called Grill'd in Australia but yeah... .
    We do?
    Where is it, please?
    Renato

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    So, I backed out on trying the Usher sample today. Instead I picked out an Armani Code sample I picked up a while back. This a truly mellow fragrance. This could be used in any mood and in any situation. The olive flower is lovely and this scent is very well blended. No one note overpowers or gets lost. I can understand why this is such a hot seller. My fiancee really liked this one (and I guess thats pretty important) as did I. I expected bland crap, like Aqua di Gio, but this is a very good fragrance. It smells similar to Ed Hardy, but doesn't have an odd orange note in it and is MUCH better balanced. Overall, my rankings go like this

1. Terre d'Hermes.
    2. Escada Magnetism
    3. Paul Smith Story
    4. Versace Man
    5. Armani Code
    6. Dirty English
    7. Boucheron
    I'm with you, I really like Code, it's quite versatile. Suffice it to say you didn't miss much with Usher. Hate to hear DE didn't work out for you, some people just don't go for it and that's how it is will all of this stuff. I'll have to remember to look for Escada Magnetism.

Cheers.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.