Code of Conduct

Default Comparing Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is better?

Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is better?, how do they differ and which is more gourmand?
    Last edited by afraafra; 5th June 2008 at 07:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is better?

I don't detect much of a difference between Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport (although it is noticeable). I have a sample of Edition Blanche that I might try tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is better?

Let your nose be your guide...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Although not a big fan of Allure, but Allure Pour Homme seems to have more character than the other two.

Allure and Allure Sport are possibly the two worst offerings by Chanel; sour, anonymous aquatics. As a result of the previous Allures, Edition Blanche comes off as a holy revelation. Blanche's quality ingredients shine; bergamot over vetiver and vanilla. The best flanker out there.
    Mike Perez has a bottle of Edition Blanche for sale - snatch it up!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 4th June 2008 at 06:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't tried Allure Sport and I agree with Ruggles that Allure Blanche is better than Allure Homme. I don't agree with Ruggles that Allure Homme is sour. Blanche just seems to have it over its parent scent with an overall better balance and it seems fresher much more an everyday scent. I like Allure Homme for night time more than as an everyday and when I'm considering one or the other in the morning my hand strays to Blanche.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried Blanche and I really like it. Not a typical Chanel men's release. The best of the lot in my opinion,

Post Thanks / Like

I own Allure PH and used to own Allure Sport and even though I've only sampled Edition Blanche a couple times, I can say with confidence that it's the best offering of the three.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Edition Blanche -- because it is much more distinctive, characterful, and the ingredients themselves really shine. Oh, and it smells better too.

Default Re: Comparing Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is bette

I have Allure Sport and it's long lasting, I'm thinking of getting either Allure or Edition Blanche, is it worth it or are they all pretty similar.

Default Re: Comparing Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is bette

I have Allure PH and have worn it for years - but I don't wear it that often these days. It's nice though, but just would struggle against fierce competition to be worn on a day to day basis.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried all the masculine allures. I have enjoyed the original Allure Homme a lot, and just last week I had to order a new bottle since my first one is empty. This one is very nice for evening and night-time. Quite sweet, but beautiful and with an amazing drydown. Allure sport is a bit fresher than the original, but seemed to me to not really be so interesting compared to the other ones. Sport cologne smells good but to my nose it lacks the recognisable Allure-element that the three other have in common. My current favourite among the Allures is the new Edition Blanche. It is very nice for daytime use, quite a bit fresher than the original, but still sweet, and with wood and spices to contrast the sweetness. Imagine if the original was sweetened with brown sugar, Edition Blanch is sweetened with white refined sugar. Both the original and Edition Blanche are impressively long lasting on me, and well worth having a bottle of in my opinion.
    Last edited by nenugal; 5th June 2008 at 08:27 AM.
    I love cologne.

Though probably it's the shortest lived among the three (at least on me), it seems Monsieur Polges finally found the happy end of a sad creative road he took with the Allure Homme serie that started not so well with Allure Homme, reached its worst with Sport, and then started a rise with Cologne Sport and reached the light in Blanche.

I didn't really like Allure Pour Homme much, but I really liked Allure Sport [and ended up purchasing it!].

I haven't smelt Edition Blanche, although I'm really keen on trying it. It's not available in Australia - which infuriates me. Why can't they just release it worldwide? Just because it might widely appeal to the Asian market, doesn't mean it won't do well in Australia...

What surprises me about all Allures is:
    Why Luca Turin rates them all 1
    Why they are not on anybody's fav list
    Why they are not on "getting compliments" lists

Quote Originally Posted by afraafra View Post
    Because most people, including Turin haven't tried Edition Blance yet. Trust me, it's very good.

I think because anyway any of the allure homme juice is not to the highess of its chanel older brother (pour monsieur, antaeus, egoiste...)
    They are too much "american market oriented" for my taste, like the feminines Chance and Coco Madamoiselle, not so Chanel but seems working to make dollars rolling in
    Anyway Edition Blanche is the most Chanel among the Allure Homme serie.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 6th June 2008 at 09:04 AM.

Default Re: Comparing Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is better?

Well, I am sorry to disagree that Allure Homme Edition Blanche is better than the other two Allures. IMHO, bergamot is really overwhelming and overpowering. The drydown of bergamot over vetiver and vanilla is not pleasant on my skin. Citrus notes in Blanche are too noticeable and makes the combination strange to my nose.

☻▬☻▬☻I prefer Allure Homme Sport ☻▬☻▬☻

Default Re: Comparing Allure Pour Homme, vs. Allure Sport, and Edition Blanche which is better?

Edition Blanche is reviewed in the latest edition of the Perfumes guide.
    It is rated 3 stars.
    He describes it as a "hybrid between Egoiste and Cool Water."
    I don't understand why.
    Cool Water, maybe.
    Egoiste, no way.

Post Thanks / Like

Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I think they are all good but for me none of them is outstanding and has that "wow, I have to buy it now!" effect.

Oh and back to topic. I would pick Allure Homme for Winter, Sport for summer and Edition Blanche if I want just smell OK.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 10th March 2010 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried all the Allure range and my favourite was Allure Homme Sport Cologne, closely followed by Edition Blanche. The rest were average and nothing special IMHO.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

I happen to be enjoying a cruise ocean crossing where I am imprisoned with very average fragrance choices from the ship store - but they do carry all of the Allure's. I tried them all the first day and didn't really like any of them, but with each passing day they are getting better and better. I agree with morrison74 above that the best smelling is Allure Homme Sport Cologne (the silver bottle) followed by Edition Blanche. I want to like Edition Blanche but when it first goes on or when you sniff it up close it has a very synthetic scent sort of like "new vinyl beach ball" smell. Smelling Edition Blanche from about two feet away is a much more pleasant smell - but up close its kind of odd smelling.

Post Thanks / Like

Allure Edition Blanche best for summer , best citrus ever for me ...
    Allure Homme Sport best for spring ....
    Allure is great all-round player ....

My personal favorit is Allure Edition Blanche...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    Edition Blanche is reviewed in the latest edition of the Perfumes guide.
    It is rated 3 stars.
    He describes it as a "hybrid between Egoiste and Cool Water."
    I don't understand why.
    Cool Water, maybe.
    Egoiste, no way.
    To be honest, 3/4 of his reviews seem compare fragrances to Cool water. Sometimes I just don't see it.

My choice is Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    I couldn't agree more, but I am afraid that we are alone in this sentiment. Sport Cologne has amazing longevity for a cologne, and it is much more wearable than Blanche or Homme.